blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:30:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272824 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker  (Read 156505 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 22, 2010, 07:35:48 AM »

If you want a golf holiday vilamoura in Portugal is the way to go. Try and get a package because the green fees are redic high. There are five courses within a mile of all the resorts and you gotta make sure you play Vila sol, the best course I've played in my life.

It's so amazing there I'd even go on my own, they pair people up with each other so it's not too bad.

We have free acccom though so Spain it is.

Still on the golf note, just started Daly's autobiography after busting the Sunday's the guy is such a legend!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
popdog/elsadog

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 22, 2010, 11:04:22 AM »

Daley is a legend but I played golf a few years ago with a guy who made Daley's drives look like pitch and put shots.

I've played golf since 1972 and play off 8 (it's rising at a rate of 1 shot for every 5 years I age at the moment). Anyways, back to the story. I don't hit a bad drive even for my age but i was teamed up with this guy at a Charity Pro Am at Royal Liverpool about 15 years ago. This guy hit shots like you wouldn't believe and made me feel totally inadequate at hitting a golf ball. He went on to explain that he was the world record holder, with a drive on grass using a standard ball (Ultra) of 574 yards. During our game he talked about the tour (he had his card) and was very honest about his abilities. He maintained that he would never make the big time because his putting just wasn't up to the mark. He also told a couple of stories about the lengths the organisers went to, to keep him well away from Daley who was a huge crowd puller at the time. Never having seen Daley play I asked him how Daley's drives compared to his and he reckoned that Daley's drive was equal to his 7 iron shots.

During the after-game dinner he told me that he and another guy were the official ''Yonex Long-driving Team'' and that they toured the Far East giving demonstrations using Yonex drivers costing 3 grand a piece. I invited him to come back to my club (Carden Park, Cheshire) to give us a demonstration and he readily agreed. A couple of weeks later he and his team mate turned up to give a group of us some demonstrations and a bit of tuition. We got them set up on the driving range and they had a little warm up off the grass section to the side of the range. For anyone familiar with Carden Park they will know that there is a lake approximately 220 yards out, directly in front of the range. They started their warm up by hitting range balls with wedges into the lake. Then they set up an 8 foot by 4 foot sheet of 5 ply plywood  (which they carried in their van) about 50 yards out. They then started driving range balls through the board. After about 20 balls had passed through the board we went to collect them. The holes left in the board were smaller than the diameter of the ball . This apparently is due to the golf ball still being elongated when it strikes the board. They gave a demonstration never to be forgotten over the next couple of hours and added about 30 yards onto all our drives with a short tuition session.

A fantastic day and two fantastic guys and an experience never to be forgotten, I just wish I could remeber his name.
I remember that he was from Liverpool and owned an Engineering company there. I had his card but lost it years ago Shocked(
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:16:00 AM by popdog/elsadog » Logged
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 22, 2010, 11:14:13 AM »

awesome!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #618 on: February 22, 2010, 02:18:44 PM »

When's the next Tiger Woods session?

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 22, 2010, 03:28:46 PM »

If you want a golf holiday vilamoura in Portugal is the way to go. Try and get a package because the green fees are redic high. There are five courses within a mile of all the resorts and you gotta make sure you play Vila sol, the best course I've played in my life.

It's so amazing there I'd even go on my own, they pair people up with each other so it's not too bad.

We have free acccom though so Spain it is.

Still on the golf note, just started Daly's autobiography after busting the Sunday's the guy is such a legend!

Ha and just finished it, guy is proper comedy, can't help but think what a wasted talent he is however, still he makes no excuses for himself and seems to have his priority's in order, as always i will be cheering him on.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 22, 2010, 03:31:31 PM »

Daley is a legend but I played golf a few years ago with a guy who made Daley's drives look like pitch and put shots.

I've played golf since 1972 and play off 8 (it's rising at a rate of 1 shot for every 5 years I age at the moment). Anyways, back to the story. I don't hit a bad drive even for my age but i was teamed up with this guy at a Charity Pro Am at Royal Liverpool about 15 years ago. This guy hit shots like you wouldn't believe and made me feel totally inadequate at hitting a golf ball. He went on to explain that he was the world record holder, with a drive on grass using a standard ball (Ultra) of 574 yards. During our game he talked about the tour (he had his card) and was very honest about his abilities. He maintained that he would never make the big time because his putting just wasn't up to the mark. He also told a couple of stories about the lengths the organisers went to, to keep him well away from Daley who was a huge crowd puller at the time. Never having seen Daley play I asked him how Daley's drives compared to his and he reckoned that Daley's drive was equal to his 7 iron shots.

During the after-game dinner he told me that he and another guy were the official ''Yonex Long-driving Team'' and that they toured the Far East giving demonstrations using Yonex drivers costing 3 grand a piece. I invited him to come back to my club (Carden Park, Cheshire) to give us a demonstration and he readily agreed. A couple of weeks later he and his team mate turned up to give a group of us some demonstrations and a bit of tuition. We got them set up on the driving range and they had a little warm up off the grass section to the side of the range. For anyone familiar with Carden Park they will know that there is a lake approximately 220 yards out, directly in front of the range. They started their warm up by hitting range balls with wedges into the lake. Then they set up an 8 foot by 4 foot sheet of 5 ply plywood  (which they carried in their van) about 50 yards out. They then started driving range balls through the board. After about 20 balls had passed through the board we went to collect them. The holes left in the board were smaller than the diameter of the ball . This apparently is due to the golf ball still being elongated when it strikes the board. They gave a demonstration never to be forgotten over the next couple of hours and added about 30 yards onto all our drives with a short tuition session.

A fantastic day and two fantastic guys and an experience never to be forgotten, I just wish I could remeber his name.
I remember that he was from Liverpool and owned an Engineering company there. I had his card but lost it years ago Shocked(

Firstly, popdog! Welcome back, always nice to see the original Tribeca players still around, not many of us left these days!

Secondly, that's some awesome stuff, must have been quite an experience seeing that. I imagine it was pretty tilting hitting a second shot to his tee shot!

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 22, 2010, 03:31:51 PM »

When's the next Tiger Woods session?

Tonight? Dunno if you are ready though.

popdog/elsadog

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 22, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »

Thanks for the welcome James. The Tribeca days were the best and I do still have contact with a few of the old 1808gang lads although many have fallen by the wayside.

To finish on the golf .............. The drives this guy hit were awesome. They were literally impossible to follow. There came a point in every drive where the ball, having been travelling about 6 feet off the ground, suddenly started to climb and climb until everyone watching had lost site of it. All the range balls they hit ended up way beyond the boundary of the driving range. We all finished off watching them hitting 4 irons onto the 385 yard par 4 18th green.

My wife's just told me his name was Mark but can't remember his surname.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:50:55 PM by popdog/elsadog » Logged
TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 22, 2010, 05:27:15 PM »

http://www.playboundaryoak.com/page.php?page_id=965??
popdog/elsadog

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 22, 2010, 06:55:14 PM »

http://www.playboundaryoak.com/page.php?page_id=965??

That's the man ........................ Thank you.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 23, 2010, 10:52:07 AM »

I would like to congratulate my good friend Thomas 'hitthehole' Middleton on his excellent showing in the full tilt poker $1000 freezeout last night.

4th for just short of $29,000, should come in handy for some spending money in Spain. Well done mate.

marcin123

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 23, 2010, 11:07:41 AM »

I would like to congratulate my good friend Thomas 'hitthehole' Middleton on his excellent showing in the full tilt poker $1000 freezeout last night.

4th for just short of $29,000, should come in handy for some spending money in Spain. Well done mate.
wd middy...
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 23, 2010, 11:13:04 AM »

lol, wp Thomas

How much of that will hit ur C/A?

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #628 on: February 23, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »

Wow nice one MIddy. I am pretty sure he was on 0 makeup too before that tourn.

HI HELEN!
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 23, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »

Thanks for the welcome James. The Tribeca days were the best and I do still have contact with a few of the old 1808gang lads although many have fallen by the wayside.

To finish on the golf .............. The drives this guy hit were awesome. They were literally impossible to follow. There came a point in every drive where the ball, having been travelling about 6 feet off the ground, suddenly started to climb and climb until everyone watching had lost site of it. All the range balls they hit ended up way beyond the boundary of the driving range. We all finished off watching them hitting 4 irons onto the 385 yard par 4 18th green.

Welcome Pop/Elsa...the 1808 gang lol, seems an age ago...
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: