blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345433 times)
RobbieP

View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: March 12, 2016, 11:39:10 AM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8_FXPLm4SmY&feature=youtu.be

Last time the toon needed to go to Leicester and win 90th min own goal what an away match that was
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: March 13, 2016, 03:33:20 PM »

Very happy with the appointment.

Just me thinking Rafa may leave in the Summer even if he keeps us up ? Solid payday for him instead of being on holiday for a couple of months and pretty close to a freeroll for him reputation wise.

Hopefully he keeps us up and I'm wrong, the next two weeks are huge, find it plzzzz!
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: March 14, 2016, 10:28:14 PM »

Jon Jo Shelvy and Stephen Taylor absolutely dire tonight.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: March 14, 2016, 10:35:27 PM »

Team looks much better with Townsend in it. Not that that's saying much

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: March 14, 2016, 10:41:34 PM »

thought we were pretty good, especially considering we had Colback left back against Mahrez with our first 3 choice left backs injured and Lacelles and Taylor in defence with our first 2 choice centre backs injured. Had lots of chances. Hope Spurs win the league but Kante was the difference between the teams tonight, he's absolutely class.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2435 on: March 14, 2016, 10:44:48 PM »

So frustrating. We actually had some shape to ourselves. Don't think Leicester were that much better than us tonight, frustrating they score from an overhead kick, and they was offside... Need them desicions to go for you when your at the bottom. I genuinely think Kante is buy of season, guy is unreal
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: March 14, 2016, 10:58:18 PM »

First time I've watched Newcastle for 90 mins. Rafa abs hero if he keeps this shower up. Colback impressed. Shelvey has gone so far backwards it's unreal. The rest were pitiful ..like watching villa or arsenal

sola virtus nobilitat
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: March 22, 2016, 11:26:28 PM »

Just reading this on Gutierrez:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35872542

What's the local viewpoint on it?
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: March 23, 2016, 12:15:24 PM »

No doubt we loaned him to dodge a contract extension, but thought we had stopped playing him to dodge the clause before his cancer diagnosis. First time Ive come across it was anything other than a move to stop a player with no value extending a relatively expensive contract. I wouldnt put anything past the people related to newcastles management, they are truly grim humans as we have seen in the way ashleys other interests are run.

Having said that his account has gaping holes, and he never really justified his wage at the club, only playing because pardew likes to play wingbacks in front of the fullback.
RobbieP

View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: March 23, 2016, 03:22:36 PM »

NUFC should of sued him for breach of contract for being discribed as being a professional footballer

He was bloody hopeless before and after being diagnosed 
Tommo

View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: March 23, 2016, 06:09:08 PM »

NUFC should of sued him for breach of contract for being discribed as being a professional footballer

He was bloody hopeless before and after being diagnosed 

I always got the impression he was a bit of a cult hero in Newcastle, is that not the case then?
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: March 24, 2016, 12:45:16 AM »

No doubt we loaned him to dodge a contract extension, but thought we had stopped playing him to dodge the clause before his cancer diagnosis. First time Ive come across it was anything other than a move to stop a player with no value extending a relatively expensive contract. I wouldnt put anything past the people related to newcastles management, they are truly grim humans as we have seen in the way ashleys other interests are run.

Having said that his account has gaping holes, and he never really justified his wage at the club, only playing because pardew likes to play wingbacks in front of the fullback.

As is often the case I did think it sounded a bit too one -sided.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: March 24, 2016, 01:04:02 AM »

From an outsider looking in, he always seemed to give his all when I saw him play.
Can certainly see other contracted players looking at his situation and thinking fk giving 100% for these people, look at how they treat players.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: March 24, 2016, 03:16:39 AM »

From an outsider looking in, he always seemed to give his all when I saw him play.
Can certainly see other contracted players looking at his situation and thinking fk giving 100% for these people, look at how they treat players.

Yeah there can't be any debate about that, he always gave the max. Agree he was shit for ages, think whether he had Cancer or not they'd have done the same thing.

Sounds like they treated him very poorly with the lack of contact which is obv out of order, but don't think they should be sued for that and that's all they've done wrong from what I know about it, it's not the first time a player hasn't been selected because of this clause.

There was never a point when he was a Cult hero at the club, certainly well liked by many for his effort but general opinion was he wasn't good enough, his end product was tiltingly bad.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2444 on: April 03, 2016, 12:15:31 PM »

Heartbreaking day yesterday, gutted to go down, but it's nothing short of what the club deserve. Don't think we will come back up as quick as last time either. Rebuilding needed. Get Charnley and Ashley out, aswell as the majority of players that are an embarrassment to put the shirt on.

Sad times
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: