blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:41:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345363 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2400 on: March 08, 2016, 10:17:32 AM »

Newcastle won't survive under McClaren. He looks like he wants to be sacked http://dailym.ai/24Lmg1V 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: March 08, 2016, 10:20:56 AM »

NUFC fans have written a letter to the club http://bbc.in/1pujQo9 

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: March 08, 2016, 02:49:52 PM »

NUFC are no longer a football club - they're a mutation of Sports Direct -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/07/newcastle-are-no-longer-a-football-club-in-the-conventional-sens/

which is an interesting take

all other things being equal, who do you want next?

Moyes?
Benitez?
Pearson?
other?

My eyes are open wide
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: March 08, 2016, 03:00:48 PM »

Moyes seems to be all but confirmed. We are deffo a mutation, we are the only entity in the world with a hardon for gingers.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: March 08, 2016, 03:07:48 PM »

If they haven't tinned him by now I can't see the point.  Unless you want to give a fist pumper like Di Canio a 3 month contract.

Tim Sherwood fairly high up in the betting.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: March 08, 2016, 03:17:55 PM »

Tony Pulis is perfect for the owner who just wants to confirm EPL status year after year to hoover up the tv cash.  He has got proven long term history of doing this with 3 similar mid table EPL clubs (Stoke/Palace/WBA) and never had any of them close to a relegation battle over nearly a decade.  He took Stoke to a FA cup final/into the Europa league.  Surely in all reality this is the peak of Newcastle fan's short/medium term ambitions if they are not blinkered?

I find it amazing he doesn't just break the bank to get Pulis.  It would be TP's biggest ever job of his career (virtually impossible he gets the chance to ever manage a bigger club than Newcastle in all reality).  Pretty likely TP is going to be leaving WBA in the summer as well.

50/1 looks a huge price to me if the owner actually thinks straight about what he is personally trying to achieve with NUFC.

I assume the fans will think TP isn't good enough for their club (just like the fans at Palace and WBA also thought/think) so it will probably never happen even though he would be the perfect appointment for the club.  Amazing how these fans never seem to moan so much when their EPL status is secured in early March every year.

Everything Newcastle currently lack would be sorted instantly by TP.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:23:48 PM by arbboy » Logged
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: March 08, 2016, 03:23:47 PM »

Tony Pulis is perfect for the owner who just wants to confirm EPL status year after year to hoover up the tv cash.  He has got proven long term history of doing this with 3 similar mid table EPL clubs (Stoke/Palace/WBA) and never had any of them close to a relegation battle over nearly a decade.

I find it amazing he doesn't just break the bank to get Pulis.  It would be TP's biggest ever job of his career (virtually impossible he gets the chance to ever manage a bigger club than Newcastle in all reality).  Pretty likely TP is going to be leaving WBA in the summer as well.

Find this pretty unlikely with all the candidates seemingly unemployed. They will already be up in arms if they have to pay mcclarens contract up. Doing stuff on the cheap is their way, and its the whole problem.

The big dilemma is that the best manager to save the club isnt necessarily the best manager to take them forward.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: March 08, 2016, 03:24:14 PM »

People on the arsenal thread would be going nuts over such provocative posts 😁
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: March 08, 2016, 03:39:28 PM »

Tony Pulis is perfect for the owner who just wants to confirm EPL status year after year to hoover up the tv cash.  He has got proven long term history of doing this with 3 similar mid table EPL clubs (Stoke/Palace/WBA) and never had any of them close to a relegation battle over nearly a decade.

I find it amazing he doesn't just break the bank to get Pulis.  It would be TP's biggest ever job of his career (virtually impossible he gets the chance to ever manage a bigger club than Newcastle in all reality).  Pretty likely TP is going to be leaving WBA in the summer as well.

Find this pretty unlikely with all the candidates seemingly unemployed. They will already be up in arms if they have to pay mcclarens contract up. Doing stuff on the cheap is their way, and its the whole problem.

The big dilemma is that the best manager to save the club isnt necessarily the best manager to take them forward.

You think you will get any of the named managers for the job cheaper than TP?
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: March 08, 2016, 03:51:54 PM »

I meant paying out a contract.

It would be the best opportunity of TP career, if he keeps us up and as long as he avoids the relegation zone he would never be in danger of sacking, but your own club dumped him as he couldnt take the club to any better than survival. We might aswell do a stoke and take a punt on a league flop instead of pulis eh?

It looks like moyes anyway, looks like he has to turn it down in contract talks.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: March 08, 2016, 03:57:35 PM »

Tony Pulis is perfect for the owner who just wants to confirm EPL status year after year to hoover up the tv cash.  He has got proven long term history of doing this with 3 similar mid table EPL clubs (Stoke/Palace/WBA) and never had any of them close to a relegation battle over nearly a decade.

I find it amazing he doesn't just break the bank to get Pulis.  It would be TP's biggest ever job of his career (virtually impossible he gets the chance to ever manage a bigger club than Newcastle in all reality).  Pretty likely TP is going to be leaving WBA in the summer as well.

I meant paying out a contract.

It would be the best opportunity of TP career, if he keeps us up and as long as he avoids the relegation zone he would never be in danger of sacking, but your own club dumped him as he couldnt take the club to any better than survival. We might aswell do a stoke and take a punt on a league flop instead of pulis eh?

It looks like moyes anyway, looks like he has to turn it down in contract talks.

Moyes is another great choice.  Big experience of the upper end of mid table managing Everton successfully for years.  Moyes and Pulis are just the stand out options for me.

TP took us to solid mid table security.   Stoke are seriously looking at being a consistent top 6 club imo over the next 5/10 years and that is the reason why they moved TP on.  The bottom line is whatever the style of football at Stoke if you look at the GD/goals scored/conceded the club doesn't look hardly any different from when TP left.  I appreciate all this attractive football nonsense non stoke fans talk about but the bottom line is results have hardly changed under Hughes.  The only difference between Stoke and WBA in the league table (appreciate it is results orientated over a small sample of 30 games) is 2 draws are turned into wins.  Goals scored/conceded and GD are virtually identical for both clubs. 

Newcastle are a million miles away from where Stoke are currently aiming.  I appreciate a lot of it is down to the owner but the bottom line is he has pumped the dough in this season like never before.  A lot of the back room management need to take a long hard look at themselves whilst they are discussing sacking the buffoon with the brolly.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:08:35 PM by arbboy » Logged
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: March 08, 2016, 04:30:48 PM »

They will look at everton and give it to moyes.

Newcastles problems wont end, the people deciding mcclarens fate are just as responsible for the flop, either by hiring him or the players signed. A decent manager would have masked the failures of those around him. The money bandied about was just money he owed the squad, it was a drop in the ocean of 5 years of squad building and failed to even paper over the glaring cracks in our team/squad. The players we signed assumed the squad already was good enough and they would strengthen it. The truth is we have flaws at LB and CB that wouldnt be good enough in the championship.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: March 10, 2016, 10:53:23 AM »

Newcastle ‘quietly confident’ over Rafael Benítez but McClaren limps on http://gu.com/p/4he4h/stw 

Rafa, then?

My eyes are open wide
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2413 on: March 10, 2016, 12:57:12 PM »

Shocked this looks like it's actually happening. Could never complain, we won't attract anyone better. All too late tho in my opinion.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: March 10, 2016, 01:20:46 PM »

A superb choice not sure i believe it until it happens...

Two things one if you go down not a chance Rafa stays in the championship but sure that is in his contract.

Wonder if the fact Sam is in charge of Sunderland has motivated Rafa they hate each other and pretty sure not much more he would like than to send him down
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: