blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345907 times)
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 09, 2009, 08:15:19 AM »

Pleasantly surprised with our our perfomance against one of the probable promotion candidates.The team seemed to have found a passion that was woefully lacking last season hopefully banding together in the face of adversity.I really thought we were going to get spanked before kick off but as usual Newcastle never fail to surprise me.I imagine the result was a massive coupon buster around the country.
  I rarely took much notice of the lower leagues the last few years but yesterday i watched the Southampton-Millwall game and really enjoyed it.Also a great start to the season for my now local team Brentford who i will try and catch a few games with this year.So with pessimism levels suitably adjusted onto getting time off work for the Palace game(bloody school holidays),Selhurst park has never been one of my favourite grounds to visit,it's such a ball ache to get to and i've tried every way,train,underground by car and even when you get there the pubs leave alot to be desired.

shy bairns get nowt
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 09, 2009, 09:50:49 AM »

Yeh they looked alright. Krul did a job.
Has Smith not been tried up front again? Barton and Nolan would surely be one of the best centre midfields still.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: August 09, 2009, 10:22:09 AM »

Definitely down the same path of being pleasantly surprised by the performance and result.

I thought Smith probably had his best ever game for us, with some genuinely good tackles to win possession or slow attacks down - he still gave the ball a way a few too many times but there were a few doing that.

Carrol looked strong and hungry, though I just cant see him being a regular goalscorer, perhaps having been spoilt by great strikers over the years I might be expecting too much.  

Tim Krul's performance didnt surprise me one bit. He was outstanding two years ago, has been out on loan and he still looks good. He's got height, looks extremely comfortably coming for the ball (apart from the last minute foul and offside header) and he is a good shot stopper. I'm not sure what other basics they are to have as a keeper Tighty? His distribution I expect great things from. Last season during warm ups he'd stand midway into the oppositions half and take Harpers practice goal kicks and return the ball. He would regularly hit half volleys back into the goal keeping coaches hands without him moving one inch.

Having said all this that first 11 really should be putting in decent performances. Put aside the fact they are paid however many times more than the rest of the league, there are just some real proven players in there, international players. Looking at the team sheet is what makes me think (more if we dont offload anymore now):

If we cant offload players this summer we really should absolutely piss that league if those that stay can play to 60% of their ability. Having said that, we also wouldnt have gone down if they could have done that.

So just the small matter of needing the club to be sold, a manager to be appointed, a couple of players to come in and we'll be ready for the season....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 10:28:58 AM by Rooky9 » Logged

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: August 09, 2009, 10:38:18 AM »

BBC News... MIKE ASHLEY COULD STAY AT NEWCASTLE AND APPOINT DAVID O'LEARY AS MANAGER..

WTF

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 09, 2009, 10:56:07 AM »

BBC News... MIKE ASHLEY COULD STAY AT NEWCASTLE AND APPOINT DAVID O'LEARY AS MANAGER..

WTF

/LIFE
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 09, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »

LOL sunday ruined

shy bairns get nowt
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 09, 2009, 05:30:23 PM »

WTF

i heard O'leary turned it down - embarrassing!

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: August 09, 2009, 05:33:14 PM »

WTF

i heard O'leary turned it down - embarrassing!

O'leary also claimed to have been offered, and rejected, the Celtic job before TM got it....

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: August 14, 2009, 06:42:31 PM »

Fucking hell. Can someone let me know when we hit the bottom!

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 14, 2009, 08:30:24 PM »

Noorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Huh?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 14, 2009, 08:34:06 PM »

Can't find anything online for why you put this,i'm confused
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 14, 2009, 08:35:54 PM »

Unless u mean getting turned down by o'leary but thats great news
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: August 14, 2009, 10:30:14 PM »

More just the coming and going of another supposed deadline meaning we're now set for a full season of uncertainty. More
players will go before the end of the month and we will be left with smith and a load of kids. The way we are going though this will be our most profitable ever year accounting wise.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 16, 2009, 02:03:46 AM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Sholaaaaaaaaaa
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 16, 2009, 02:49:21 AM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Sholeaaaaaaaaaarer

fyp.