blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:07:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345716 times)
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 27, 2009, 10:55:25 AM »

Okay,mourning officially over,i will be putting the trials and tribulations of last season to the back of my mind whilst looking forward to the fixture announcements on June 17th.I will especially be looking out for the Scunny/Doncaster games as these can be added to my "list"so i hope they fall on favourable dates,these matches don't have the same ring to them as Monaco or Roma but they count for the same amount of ticks so bring them on LOL.

shy bairns get nowt
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 09, 2009, 04:18:07 PM »

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has had offers of £10, Oasis tickets and a Curly Wurly after inviting offers for the Tyneside outfit by e-mail. The Magpies have been given a £100m price tag.

LOL ... snap the Oasis tickets up Ashley, could be the best offer you get.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 09, 2009, 06:41:34 PM »

£100million is a steal imo
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 09, 2009, 07:12:01 PM »

Get Ashley to put a post up on the live staking board, im sure Flushy might be interested at that knockdown price.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2009, 01:42:19 PM »

Sorry in advance guys - I know the last thing you need is a rub-down - but this was a belter. Probably better not to watch it if you are a Geordie.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 17, 2009, 12:09:32 PM »

I am gutted we have Newcastle away on a Weds night - was really looking forward to that one but probably not going to be able too now!!!

Still on the bright side we have them at home on August 22nd - so not long to wait for that one.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: June 17, 2009, 01:57:50 PM »

I am gutted we have Newcastle away on a Weds night - was really looking forward to that one but probably not going to be able too now!!!

Still on the bright side we have them at home on August 22nd - so not long to wait for that one.

I'm looking forward to 22nd August too. I have just packed my football boots, just in case.

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 17, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »

Result. Wednesday got the Toon on boxing day.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: June 17, 2009, 03:50:50 PM »

Well tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life.... well something like that anyway. Room is 80% packed, hire van is booked for the morning to move me south, and new job will be starting on Monday. Looking forward to it, but its a pretty big deal for me, so there are nerves etc to go with it.

Football wise scanning the fixtures this morning was interesting. We really need sorting out with an owner, a manager and do what needs to be done on the playing side too, all asap. worrying I look at that fixture list and think, that seems like a tough game. Not sure what that is all about. If we cant offload players this summer we really should absolutely piss that league if those that stay can play to 60% of their ability. Having said that, we also wouldnt have gone down if they could have done that.

Lets see what happens anyway. Things are very rarely easy with NUFC, so its unlikely to be coasting at the top of the league all season like we somehow did last time.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 17, 2009, 04:34:01 PM »

GL with the job mate

How nice of the players such as martins and smith etc to say the want to stay and get the club back up,i wonder why Huh?

Surely with no owner, no manager, a messed up team and the fact it's us makes us a good lay for winning the championship ?
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2009, 04:46:36 PM »

Well tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life.... well something like that anyway. Room is 80% packed, hire van is booked for the morning to move me south, and new job will be starting on Monday. Looking forward to it, but its a pretty big deal for me, so there are nerves etc to go with it.

Football wise scanning the fixtures this morning was interesting. We really need sorting out with an owner, a manager and do what needs to be done on the playing side too, all asap. worrying I look at that fixture list and think, that seems like a tough game. Not sure what that is all about. If we cant offload players this summer we really should absolutely piss that league if those that stay can play to 60% of their ability. Having said that, we also wouldnt have gone down if they could have done that.

Lets see what happens anyway. Things are very rarely easy with NUFC, so its unlikely to be coasting at the top of the league all season like we somehow did last time.

I think you are in for a shock.  There is not that much difference between the top of the championship and the bottom of the Premiership, and as everyone knows there is not a lot of difference between the top of the Championship and mid-table.

Therefore, there will be 10 or 12 teams that are almost as good as Newcastle.
Factor in that this is going to be the biggest game of most teams season and it could well be rough going for the Toon.

GL with the job mate

How nice of the players such as martins and smith etc to say the want to stay and get the club back up,i wonder why Huh?

Surely with no owner, no manager, a messed up team and the fact it's us makes us a good lay for winning the championship ?

Already done a couple of weeks ago due to the reasons stated above.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2009, 05:10:09 PM »

GL mate - hope you enjoy it!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 17, 2009, 05:15:37 PM »

where abouts are you moving to?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2009, 05:38:19 PM »

I think you are in for a shock.  There is not that much difference between the top of the championship and the bottom of the Premiership, and as everyone knows there is not a lot of difference between the top of the Championship and mid-table.

Therefore, there will be 10 or 12 teams that are almost as good as Newcastle.
Factor in that this is going to be the biggest game of most teams season and it could well be rough going for the Toon.

GL with the job mate

Already done a couple of weeks ago due to the reasons stated above.

My opinion is largely based on that there is little between the bottom couple of teams in the PL and the top of the Championship. The bottom 5 teams in the PL were an absolute joke last season. I think that in terms of 'quality' we vastly under performed, whereas the other teams just didnt have the 'quality'. Keeping those players, and them actually performing should make it easy.... take this with a big pinch of salt though. I'm well aware that there cant be too much to support that theory actually holding true.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: June 17, 2009, 05:45:27 PM »

where abouts are you moving to?

Moving to Brentford. Might catch a couple of their games... Leeds for one on 12th December. Hartlepool home last day of the season.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: