blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:59:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345925 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 31, 2009, 03:30:53 PM »

Every game i never no where my season ticket is ffs,will find it soon.Don't see us winning the night with no strikers gg
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: August 31, 2009, 03:58:19 PM »

Breaking news on Sky Sports.......

Xisco agrees season long loan deal with Racing Santander.  I dont know how we'll go on without him.

So thats:
Michael Owen - 105k
Mark Viduka    - 55k
Damien Duff    - 60k
Oba Martins     - 45k
Seb Bassong    - 25k
Habib Beye      - 30k
Xisco               - say 20k of 40k.

So thats the best part of 18m slashed from the wage bill - a reduction of about 25%. With the parachute payments that must surely be about right.  We need to get through this window without losing anyone else then start to just focus on getting promotion. If we avoid a run of injuries (actually we may need a bit of luck there - or at the very least improvement from our injury record) then I see us as having a great chance. I made a stupid comment that we should piss this league with our players but looking at the start we have made I'll stand by it. The biggest problems I can see are i) the players start believing it too much and ii) injuries.

I'm loving the coverage of the Championship, I've seen nearly all the games this season so far!

As for strikers then I'd put Smith up top with Nolan, Barton and Guthrie behind that. He might actually score if he gets a run up there, which would be nice. He has been one of my least favourite Newcastle players, but he has really won me round this season so far. He could still do with cutting out the odd stupid foul but can't knock his commitment.

Howay the Toon

« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 04:11:05 PM by Rooky9 » Logged

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 31, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »

LOL,although this still is bad since he is a squad player and won't be replaced.I for one am abs shocked at the lack of news when today was the NEXT deadline
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: August 31, 2009, 04:19:08 PM »

LOL,although this still is bad since he is a squad player and won't be replaced.I for one am abs shocked at the lack of news when today was the NEXT deadline

I really dont think he is even a squad player at Championship level - be it because of lack of confidence or just complete lack of a ability of a mix of the two. He would have taken the place of someone like Nile Ranger would I would much sooner see given a go.  Maybe ignore my formation above and play him with Smith today even.

24 hours and 45 mins to go.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 01, 2009, 12:04:37 AM »

Good result,but collocini who i dont rate at all but is 1/14 1st team players is possibly off to lazio  and i expect one more to go with nobody coming in which would leave us 12 1st team players,which means i'll be glad if we stay up.Hope i'm wrong.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 01, 2009, 12:05:32 AM »

Good result,but collocini who i dont rate at all but is 1/14 1st team players is possibly off to lazio  and i expect one more to go with nobody coming in which would leave us 12 1st team players,which means i'll be glad if we stay up.Hope i'm wrong.

This. Sigh.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: September 01, 2009, 07:18:02 PM »

This. Sigh.

The European transfer deadlines were yesterday at 5pm so he couldn't have gone anywhere by kick off last night. I think you are wrong to worry so much. 4 first teamers out last night and even though leicester are a promoted team I think they'll do well this year.

Keep the faith!

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 01, 2009, 07:19:27 PM »

This. Sigh.

The European transfer deadlines were yesterday at 5pm so he couldn't have gone anywhere by kick off last night. I think you are wrong to worry so much. 4 first teamers out last night and even though leicester are a promoted team I think they'll do well this year.

Keep the faith!

Of course
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 01, 2009, 07:57:51 PM »

One player i could've been happy with leaving is geremi he's that bad but nevermind.Pleased nobody else left and didn't expect anyone in except who we got ""Peter Lovenkrands, signed on a free from nobody, Peter Lovenkrands" wonder if nufc.coms amended song will catch on lol
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 24, 2009, 11:16:25 AM »

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5579645,00.html

Will Keegan still be held in such regard if he sends the club into admin?!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 24, 2009, 11:39:34 AM »

He sure is held in high regard by many people that I know,very much doubt this would in cause a threat of administration either
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 24, 2009, 11:40:19 AM »

But when were missing out on loan players because we won't pay wages,maybe
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: September 24, 2009, 08:00:33 PM »

What a great article, based on bullshit though. How can he be awarded 'far in excess' of what his contract was worth. That's just crap. Then there is the actual transfer of cash, which I'm sure would be spread, but if not then we would have to not be able to pay (which we could, but it may make barclays more nervous) and have a whole process before administration came into it, which would probably involve Keegan having to front up the admin claim. Unlikely.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 24, 2009, 08:34:17 PM »

I'm happy we got harewood in on loan should get us a few goals.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: September 24, 2009, 09:02:13 PM »

I'm happy we got harewood in on loan should get us a few goals.

Massively unsure on this. I haven't seen much of him, or rather I must have seen him play half a dozen times and nothing has stuck out. The goal scoring record isn't exactly impressive. Ranger needs to be getting games, at least to the point when he has a game where he isn't the best player on the pitch!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: