blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:25:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345692 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 15, 2010, 12:03:29 AM »

Trust me Nolan is awful. He did well at start of season scoring goals, but now clubs are aware of hi they mark him and he doesnt offer anything. He is farrrrrr too slow/immobile. He hasnt scored in 2010 yet.

Collocini is premiership class. Enrique is incred. Steven Taylor is good for defensive cover in premiership. Andy Carroll has lots of potential and can be just as effective as Kevin Davies and is probably more talented.

Thing with Gutierez is he is an outlet, when we are under the cosh he will run with the ball and keep it. His final product is awful but I think he could be turned into a premier league right back. As a winger his quality isnt good enough, but in the championship he gives us enough. In the premiership you simply have to take your chances.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 15, 2010, 12:24:00 AM »

Collocini oozes class, he is walking through this season.

What about Steve Harper Monda & Pleno, the guys a genius.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 15, 2010, 12:32:12 AM »

Harps is a genuis?

He is a good championship keeper, mainly for shot stopping. He has so much experience mainly with the club, he knows what it takes to play for the club can help the younger defenders etc etc, but he is abit old now, he doesnt come for crosses and can sometimes be abit too static. I think he will be a great coach for the next 10-15 years, probably a goalkeeping coach.

Tim Krul is an amazing young talent, Dutch u21 keeper and we have turned down bids from Chelsea, arse etc etc, and I think if we get to the premiership he will be the number 1.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 15, 2010, 12:45:31 AM »

Collocini oozes class, he is walking through this season.

What about Steve Harper Monda & Pleno, the guys a genius.

He oozes class in the Championship yeah,prem he was out of his depth may have been a confidence thing but i'm not to confident.

Steve Harper has no command of his box and is a very poor man's version of Given.

You fancy settling on that Owen bet Smiley
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 15, 2010, 07:52:37 AM »

I'll admit i've only seen Newcastle on the telly but Collocini looks dodgy even in the championship.
He spends games kicking strikers and anyone with half a yard of pace seems to cause him trouble.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 15, 2010, 12:00:54 PM »

I doubt it mate, im looking good. What were you thinking, PM if you like.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/club_stats/default.stm

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 15, 2010, 11:56:11 PM »

I doubt it mate, im looking good. What were you thinking, PM if you like.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/club_stats/default.stm

Haha,it was a decent bet imo,sigh
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 05, 2010, 09:47:12 PM »

Congratulations on promotion. Brighter times at St James' and i was happy to see it. Hopefully this season will have done you good in the long run.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:21:43 PM by Josedinho » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 05, 2010, 10:06:41 PM »

Fun night, didn't think it was a pen tbh. Squad needs improving now. lets gogogoogog premiership.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 05, 2010, 11:24:45 PM »

Trust me Nolan is awful. He did well at start of season scoring goals, but now clubs are aware of hi they mark him and he doesnt offer anything. He is farrrrrr too slow/immobile. He hasnt scored in 2010 yet.

voted player of the championship..scored a cracking goal and winner today, we missing something?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 06, 2010, 02:21:44 AM »

voted player of the championship..scored a cracking goal and winner today, we missing something?

lol no idea how he got player of the championship, surprised he didnt break his back when he scored the overhead kick as he is least flexible guy in world. He has been awesome in dressing room though, along with Harper they sorted everything out after we got beat 6-0 by Leyrnt (sp) Orient in pre season. But if he plays for us in Premiership, we will 100% go down he is tez.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 06, 2010, 02:06:05 PM »

Those player of the year awards are a bit of a joke as they are pretty much who is the most well known player in any league who plays for a big club. As the main bulk of any players votes are from (a) Supporters of that team (b) 442 magazine readers who watch very little if any of that player during the season.

Beckford was league1 player of the year, he would do well to do get in the top 10 of best performers in the league if it was done on merit. Lambert, Lallana, Bailey, Kisnorbo, Holt, Hoolahan, Abdou, Austin would be all players I would have ahead of him.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 06, 2010, 06:49:19 PM »

Agree, although 1st half season Beckford was on fire, this half i want him to burn  in hell and never play for us again.
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 06, 2010, 08:51:18 PM »

Harps is a genuis?

He is a good championship keeper, mainly for shot stopping. He has so much experience mainly with the club, he knows what it takes to play for the club can help the younger defenders etc etc, but he is abit old now, he doesnt come for crosses and can sometimes be abit too static. I think he will be a great coach for the next 10-15 years, probably a goalkeeping coach.

Tim Krul is an amazing young talent, Dutch u21 keeper and we have turned down bids from Chelsea, arse etc etc, and I think if we get to the premiership he will be the number 1.

Why on god's earth would he suddenly become #1 in the premiership while not being so in the championship?

I'd say Krul is 3rd in the pecking order,Fraser Forster would be ahead of him if he stays at the club next season instead of going out on loan again.

As for Nolan,he might not offer much else but he grabs a goal here and there,he's scored some big goals this season and having a midfielder who can grab 7/8 in the permiership is so valuable it is unreal,if he can get around that it would be enough to keep you up providing all of the strikers don't go totally goalshy.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:17:29 PM by Murph1984 » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 07, 2010, 03:20:37 PM »

Enrique is my Toon player of the season, he just is a class apart. Not often I'd ever say that about a left back and a Newcastle defender at that...

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: