blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:29:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345695 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: September 05, 2011, 06:13:31 PM »

Nah, you're right Monda..most players won't walk into any EPL team. Don't think you have a ridic bad team though..certainly near top of 2nd page IMO...your bench is an issue though. If you pick up 2 or 3 injuries you will be in real trouble.

Krul looks good but a good few ppl where not convinced on him last season, me include, so the jury is still out.
Collocini is v good
Santon is supposed to be v good but is going to take time to adjust
Tiote is v good
Cabaye looks good/ v good but has played 1/2 dozen games...
Ben Arfa has been out for a year, so what can we expect from him for at least the next 3 months

As for the rest, they are poor at best.

I just feel like we have the makings of a squad that could very easily find it's self in trouble and with the manager we have, to say I'm slightly concerned would be an understatement. As I think I said when I ranted after deadline day, if both Tiote and Collo get long term injuries that could easily happening we are in deep shit.

Although it's a little sad, I used to be 110% to Newcastle, kicked every ball and the days result would set my mood for the next few days, I was a nightmare to be around when we lost, complete waste of time, but if I'm honest, now I don't really give a fuck, same as with England, well I do care but probably 10% of how much I did and I'm glad that's the case.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:28:51 PM by mondatoo » Logged
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 05, 2011, 06:37:35 PM »

Interesting...

Odds on Pardew being next manager to be sacked have tumbled today ??

Supposedly nothing to it though.
geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 05, 2011, 08:08:38 PM »

Interesting...

Odds on Pardew being next manager to be sacked have tumbled today ??

Supposedly nothing to it though.

just about to post this, no smoke without fire and all that

pardew certainly isnt the guy i want there but he isnt the problem, its the useless fkin board that needs to go, hopefully before January and then we might just save our season
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 05, 2011, 09:24:42 PM »

Is Arfa back in training? Any ideas when he will make the first team squad?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 05, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »

Is Arfa back in training? Any ideas when he will make the first team squad?

As of last week he wasn't back in training Sad
geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 05, 2011, 09:40:20 PM »

rumours are churning that Pardew has not been at the club for days and awol after a big row with Derek Llambias

les ferdinand has been mentioned as a replacement   lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 05, 2011, 09:41:21 PM »

rumours are churning that Pardew has not been at the club for days and awol after a big row with Derek Llambias

les ferdinand has been mentioned as a replacement   lol

Haha, that would be incred.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 05, 2011, 09:49:12 PM »

krulm colocini., taylor, santonn, tiote, cabaye, ben arfa and gutierez would get in alottttt of teams either starting or full squad members i.e 15 games per season.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 06, 2011, 12:13:48 AM »

krulm colocini., taylor, santonn, tiote, cabaye, ben arfa and gutierez would get in alottttt of teams either starting or full squad members i.e 15 games per season.

Imo only Colo on Tiote would get a look in at a top 6 team, I think the rest would stuggle to get on the bench. I like Cabaye a lot from what I've seen though. Gutieres is terrible mate, seriously. I like your blind faith/loyalty/love for the team, it's exactly what I used to be like.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 06, 2011, 10:01:55 AM »

Imo only Colo on Tiote would get a look in at a top 6 team, I think the rest would stuggle to get on the bench. I like Cabaye a lot from what I've seen though. Gutieres is terrible mate, seriously. I like your blind faith/loyalty/love for the team, it's exactly what I used to be like.

I understand your cynicism and frustration at the way the club is going, I used to be like that. Then one day, I sat up in bed and thought.. wow we have a world class team here.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 06, 2011, 10:08:05 AM »

I understand your cynicism and frustration at the way the club is going, I used to be like that. Then one day, I sat up in bed and thought.. wow we have a world class team here.

thumbs up
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 06, 2011, 10:10:42 AM »

If we had signed Sturridge/Johnson (adam) which really isn't out of the question, even on loan would suffice, we would be battling for 5th spot imo. Would really have been so good, hopefully January we get a few young players from the top 3 to bolster the squad up.

toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: September 06, 2011, 03:39:48 PM »

If we had signed Sturridge/Johnson (adam) which really isn't out of the question, even on loan would suffice, we would be battling for 5th spot imo. Would really have been so good, hopefully January we get a few young players from the top 3 to bolster the squad up.

Lol mate, we could have signed any 2 players in the world and we still wouldnt be battling anywhere near top 5
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 06, 2011, 03:49:07 PM »

Lol mate, we could have signed any 2 players in the world and we still wouldnt be battling anywhere near top 5

Why though?

City, Man U, Chelsea

Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham

After that I would put us as likely as anybody to finish 7th and if we signed 2 big players we would be odds on to finish 7th imo. Also Tottenham/Arsenal could easily to a Liverpool from last year.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 08, 2011, 05:41:37 AM »

I honestly cannot think of a position where you have a stronger player than any of the latter three teams you mention nevermind the top three.  I suppose Colocini could probably get into a couple of those back fours but at the end of the day last year you conceded 57 goals against 43 for Arsenal, 46 for Spurs and 44 for Liverpool.  Considering you think most of your defence and midfield would "get in alottttt of teams either starting or full squad members i.e 15 games per season." then they aren't performing that well on a basic performance indicator like goals conceded.  Obviously as a Boro fan I prefer to see you boys struggling but at the end of the day with the support you get week in week out you deserve better than having a c*nt like Ashley risk totally ruining the club.  He sells your best players from under the managers nose and then makes a fraction of the revenues available for new players and then has the temerity to fire a manager whose 'team' doesn't perform.  The  idea that this team is a couple of players away from a CL spot is hilarious given that you have recently sold two world class players in Enrique and Caroll and two of the most important players for you in Nolan and Barton.  I just don't see how it is possible to argue that this team is in a better place now than it was this time last year. 

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: