blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:55:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345800 times)
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: November 02, 2011, 06:20:42 AM »

Agreed, almost every deal has been phenominally good. Literally every one.

Agreed if your goal is profit maximisation.  Most supporters prefer trophy maximisation.

you win more trophies with Ba than with Carroll imo.

And Barton is just an arse, gave it the whole 'kiss the badge' routine and then still walked away when he could have stayed. As for Enrique...meh, big fish in a decent team but doesn't look too good for Liverpool so far.

Long story short, it's not asset stripping if people give you insane amounts of money for average ability players.

Colo not going anyway in Jan for sure. Could be hard to hold on to Tiote and Krul in the summer though I think, but hopefully not.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 02, 2011, 08:02:02 AM »

I was going to make a similar albeit substantially less generous (15/8 rather than 9/4) offer to the one Dubai has made, decided against as no point (for me) in tying up large amounts of money in escrow when there are other ways to exploit the fact that the market substantially overrates Newcastle.

It is surprising to me to see so many people basically coming out in support of Ashley´s decision making.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 02, 2011, 08:02:23 AM »

Agreed, almost every deal has been phenominally good. Literally every one.

Agreed if your goal is profit maximisation.  Most supporters prefer trophy maximisation.

you win more trophies with Ba than with Carroll imo.

And Barton is just an arse, gave it the whole 'kiss the badge' routine and then still walked away when he could have stayed. As for Enrique...meh, big fish in a decent team but doesn't look too good for Liverpool so far.

Long story short, it's not asset stripping if people give you insane amounts of money for average ability players.

Colo not going anyway in Jan for sure. Could be hard to hold on to Tiote and Krul in the summer though I think, but hopefully not.

There's no way Enrique is a "fish", very good player and I'm pretty sure Liverpool fans have been impressed with him so far.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 02, 2011, 08:04:17 AM »

I was going to make a similar albeit substantially less generous (15/8 rather than 9/4) offer to the one Dubai has made, decided against as no point (for me) in tying up large amounts of money in escrow when there are other ways to exploit the fact that the market substantially overrates Newcastle.

It is surprising to me to see so many people basically coming out in support of Ashley´s decision making.

Again, other than Pads (he's a nutter ldo), haven't seen anyone supporting Ashley's decision making, the man is an abs clown and it would seem a massive luckbox too.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 02, 2011, 09:31:44 AM »

Again, other than Pads (he's a nutter ldo), haven't seen anyone supporting Ashley's decision making, the man is an abs clown and it would seem a massive luckbox too.

Please state 5 bad business decisions he has made since we were relegated. If he's an abs clown it shouldn't be too hard.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 02, 2011, 09:50:47 AM »

I´ll go with getting rid of Hughton, Enrique and Barton, appointing Pardew and failing to invest the Carroll money (incred business getting that much money for him) in a striker/left back. All likely to be very bad for the club´s long term future.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 02, 2011, 10:10:54 AM »

I´ll go with getting rid of Hughton

Clearly not. He was doing a job, but brining pPardew in has done absolute miracles. Out of a recent poll of over 1k fans, voer 80% of fans said Pardew had done "brilliant"

Enrique

He wanted to leave? Our team is full fo players who WANT TO PLAY for us and will run through brick walls. His contract was up at the end of the year so getting £6m was fine, fine business giving the circumstances. Possibly they could have sold him for £10m at start of summer. We also replaced him with Davide Santon who was cheaper and has alotttttt of potential and is already a full Italian international and described as Mourinho as "Phenominal"

Barton

He was disrupotive and demanded £80k per week and a long contract, Ashley has put restrictions on wages like Arsenal did and won't give in to anybody. Bye bye Nolan, Bye bye Joey.

appointing Pardew

Just can't understand this one mate.

failing to invest the Carroll money (incred business getting that much money for him) in a striker/left back. All likely to be very bad for the club´s long term future.

We signed Tiote, Ben Arfa, Obertan, Ba, Cabaye, Santon, Elliot, Abeid and probably more who are ALL players for the future so doesn't seem to be "very bad" for the clubs long term future. Going out and buying random players for 10m a pop would have been BAD business.

We also left ourself money to spend in January and invest and build the squad where others may have skinted themselves in September.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 02, 2011, 10:13:05 AM »

Pardew is a complete dick but when the team runs good no one can question him, he has done amazing.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 02, 2011, 10:21:38 AM »

it's only a matter of time until pards is caught up to his old tricks and loses the dressing room like he has at every previous club

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 02, 2011, 10:21:51 AM »

Pardew is a complete dick but when the team runs good no one can question him, he has done amazing.

I thought so too, but now I think the complete opposite.

Absolutely fantastic man manager. Leon Best came off the other night after playing amazingly and not scoring, the Irish manager has been slating him all month and as he came off the fans gave him a fantastic reception, instead of standing there and shaking hands with the striker or ignoring him completely like Mancini or some others would, he turned him around and showed him 2000 barmy Geordies singing leon best leon best, leeooooooon leooooons bessst. He gets the best out of everyone and everybody loves playing for him.

After the amtch he also talks straight, if we're lucky, he sais we've been lucky, if we got a penalty we didn't deserve. He will tell you.

<3 him.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 02, 2011, 10:28:35 AM »

He treats people other than the players like utter fuking shite. Everyone at Charlton hated him and I know this for a fact, he was so disliked from top to bottom people quit their jobs to avoid having to deal with his shit he would hand out daily. That being said he may have changed since then and know how lucky he was to get a top job at Newcastle.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 02, 2011, 11:01:52 AM »

Please state 5 bad business decisions he has made since we were relegated. If he's an abs clown it shouldn't be too hard.

Why since we where relegated, is before then not relevant ?

I dislike him and think he is a poor chairman, he is clearly learning "on the job" but some of the decisions he's made regards cheaper season tickets etc should be applauded. Not getting a striker in was a joke and unless we run like God we will regret that at some point in the near future. There has to be a balance between running a club profititably and trying to be competitive, the fact we are where we are is down to many factors, none of which revolve around Mike Ashley's decision making and he would be more than happy to see us struggle and finish lower bottom half of the table as long as we stayed up every season.

As I said in an earlier post though, outside of the top 6 there isn't much to worry about and hopefully team morale will stay high and Pardew will continue to get it right.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:14:59 AM by mondatoo » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 02, 2011, 11:08:55 AM »

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/manchester-united-scout-17m-rated-newcastle-midfielder-ahead-of-shock-offer-12145/

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 02, 2011, 11:09:59 AM »

He put his hands up, said he had made a mistake and built a new 5 year action plan for the club.

Everybody deserves a second chance.

Also if he hadn't listened to the fans, Keegan & Shearer appointments then we probably wouldn't have been relegated initially.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 02, 2011, 11:23:30 AM »

He put his hands up, said he had made a mistake and built a new 5 year action plan for the club.

Everybody deserves a second chance.

Also if he hadn't listened to the fans, Keegan & Shearer appointments then we probably wouldn't have been relegated initially.

That bit is just absolute bullshit Pads and you sound like a clueless Southerner who's only knowledge is reading the daily rags. Keegan was Ashley's inspired decision because he knew of the fans relationship with him and thought it was a great PR stunt, I remember his re-appointment and everybody was shocked that it happened so it had nothing to with the fans. As for Shearer, lol, not many fans wanted him to get the job, Shearer isn't anywhere as near as popular up here as people think and I don't remember speaking to anybody that was that pleased about him being manager.

Following the Keegan appointment, Ashley and Llambias spent the next 18 months, minimum, doing there absolute best to consistently make the worst possible decisions to alienate the fans. So yes, people do deserve a second chance, but, that doesn't mean fans should ignore his diabolical running of the club for quite a while because we are running good at the minute.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:30:44 AM by mondatoo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: