blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:42:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345632 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 02, 2011, 12:12:17 PM »

What are the worst decisions in those 18 months?

They brought in Graham Carr which has been one of the bets things the club has done since I was born. When I was 5-16 all I heard my Dad moan about was our awful scouting system. We bought players off fucking youtube clips wiuth Souness ffs.

Ashley initially set out trying to sit with the fans, be everybodies best friend, get his top off, sing chants and I think this is where the Keegan appointment came from. He loved the fact he could sing the blaydon races in blue bamboo, I htink it was more of a hobby and pastime for him, He then realised he;'d fucked up and had lost alot of money, he hired the right people, gave us an excellent 5 year plan and started rebuilding making correct business decisions.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 02, 2011, 12:26:05 PM »

If Pardew is a great manager and Ashley is astute enough to see it Pardew will not get fired in the next two years.  I find this impossible to believe.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 02, 2011, 12:32:01 PM »

what price you give me he'll be here in Xmas 2013?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 02, 2011, 12:37:53 PM »

@pleno1

Not too keen to debate a lot of the specifics, no one will achieve much and I´m sure you know more about certain details of your own football club than I do. Pardew has an established record as a failure and as a divisive force at his former clubs, replacing Hughton with him is almost certainly a mistake, the fans poll is meaningless.

I´m totally confident that Newcastle are the wrong price for the top 7, I´m not totally sure whether or not you´re telling me I´m wrong but if you are it would be a bit like me trying to tell you how to play poker, I was pretty handy in 2005/6 (ask Alex M) :-) but I haven´t played much since then.

None of this is meant to sound argumentative so apologies if it does and obviously none of it means I have any ill feeling towards Newcastle. Did I mention I reckon Everton look a big price at the weekend? :-)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 02, 2011, 12:48:51 PM »

Sorry if sound argumentative too.

#KEEPTHEFAITH

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 02, 2011, 02:23:56 PM »

what price you give me he'll be here in Xmas 2013?

I'll lay you evens which is pretty fair considering you think he will have won you the Champions League, Strictly Come Dancing and the Irish Littery by then.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 02, 2011, 02:45:44 PM »

Enjoy the championship mate. I literally have no idea who is your manager atm btw, Gordon?

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 02, 2011, 03:07:09 PM »

the Irish Littery

Sounds like rubbish to me.

sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 02, 2011, 03:22:29 PM »

Agreed, almost every deal has been phenominally good. Literally every one.

Agreed if your goal is profit maximisation.  Most supporters prefer trophy maximisation.

you win more trophies with Ba than with Carroll imo.

And Barton is just an arse, gave it the whole 'kiss the badge' routine and then still walked away when he could have stayed. As for Enrique...meh, big fish in a decent team but doesn't look too good for Liverpool so far.

Long story short, it's not asset stripping if people give you insane amounts of money for average ability players.

Colo not going anyway in Jan for sure. Could be hard to hold on to Tiote and Krul in the summer though I think, but hopefully not.

As a Liverpool fan I can confirm that Enrique has been immense since he arrived, sound defensively, strong as an ox, cant be pushed off a ball and no little skills bombing forward either

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 02, 2011, 05:42:11 PM »

team against Everton last season

Harper
S. Taylor - Williamson - Coloccini - Jose Enrique
Simpson    -     Tiote    -     Nolan    -   Gutierrez
                    Lovenkrands - Best

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 03, 2011, 09:24:11 AM »

All this thread demonstrates is the fickle nature of fans. A few good results and suddenly no one cares that Hughton was treated like shit and when it was announced pardew was replacing him Newcastle fans went crazy and neutrals just laughed at Newcastle.

Same with Ashley. You all wanted him out/hated him, spoke about him selling your best players etc. Now its like "Great deal etc etc"

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 03, 2011, 09:33:24 AM »

All this thread demonstrates is the fickle nature of fans. A few good results and suddenly no one cares that Hughton was treated like shit and when it was announced pardew was replacing him Newcastle fans went crazy and neutrals just laughed at Newcastle.

Same with Ashley. You all wanted him out/hated him, spoke about him selling your best players etc. Now its like "Great deal etc etc"

so this

cant wait till jan when you have 32 pts and ashley sells everyone

(thats not true as i love nctle, but the fans are wearing their geordie blinkers atm)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 03, 2011, 09:51:21 AM »

Just read the Chris Hughton Sacked thread. Think I was the only one on it to say it wasn't a horrible decision.
Also found this gem - "Any manager who agrees to a regime like that will never get my backing"
Obv can only come from one man.
Opinions change though and hindsight is a wonderful thing. If you thought it was a bad decision surely it's fair rather than fickle to admit you got it wrong and Ashley got it right?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 03, 2011, 09:54:36 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

#KEEPTHEFAITH

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 03, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »

Just read the Chris Hughton Sacked thread. Think I was the only one on it to say it wasn't a horrible decision.
Also found this gem - "Any manager who agrees to a regime like that will never get my backing"
Obv can only come from one man.
Opinions change though and hindsight is a wonderful thing. If you thought it was a bad decision surely it's fair rather than fickle to admit you got it wrong and Ashley got it right?

Absolutely, I have said I was a doubter. I gave up my season ticket when it happened as did my father who by the way will never go to a game when Ashley is in charge.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: