blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:43:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272617 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 346125 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: January 15, 2012, 08:48:56 PM »

not seen Faurlin.

Think Taarbart is a luxury player that a team with such a defence can't afford.

Barton was never good enough CM for Newcastle and often would be pushed out onto the right to fit him in, if I'm not mistaken the same has happened with QPR?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 15, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »

I actually can't think of any teams in the top 10 where Taarbart and/or Barton would get in CM.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1097 on: January 15, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »

Yea, we looked so bad most of the game, QPR were terrible though, we had a few good spells. We need cabaye back, hes so big for us. Ray wilkins was so fkin tilting in the 1st half.

I must have been watching a different match.

QPR clearly the better team for most of the 90 minutes.

If Jay Bothroyd hadn't been so crap, we would have won comfortably.

Meh, like i say we was bad for most, but you just didnt look like scoring, ever.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 15, 2012, 08:54:06 PM »

I actually can't think of any teams in the top 10 where Taarbart and/or Barton would get in CM.

Man Utd? Smiley

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 15, 2012, 08:55:31 PM »

Man Utd? Smiley

They sure would

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: January 15, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »

Krul and colocini were brilliant.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: January 15, 2012, 09:03:42 PM »

Thought QPR started well but then went flat. Faurlin is a big miss. Looked a pretty comfortable game for Newcastle after they had scored.
Agree with pleno re: SWP. Not sure what benefit it was shifting SWP to the left to get Mackie in on the right. Then towards the end of the game he was popping up in the middle just ahead of the defence.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 15, 2012, 10:33:27 PM »

Yea, we looked so bad most of the game, QPR were terrible though, we had a few good spells. We need cabaye back, hes so big for us. Ray wilkins was so fkin tilting in the 1st half.

I must have been watching a different match.

QPR clearly the better team for most of the 90 minutes.

If Jay Bothroyd hadn't been so crap, we would have won comfortably.

Cheesy:D:D:D

Clearly watching a different game, or perhaps the fact away fans are located 2 miles north of the pitch is the reason why.

Your midfield is the worst in the premiership, absolutely terrible, although Barton/Taarabt may be better.

Wright Phillips playing on the left was baffling, hes one of the most one footed players who have played in the premiership, his ability is to get to the byline and get balls in the box not cut in and deliver.

Mackie on the right was anon and looked like he belonged in the championship.

Derry is never a premiership footballer either.

Defence is really bad, I think on todays game only Luke Young would get in our team and even then hes probs on a par with Simpson.

Kenny looked super suspect and although you had alot of efforts on goals they were mainly long, speculative shots that went down Krul's throat.

Gabbidon and Ferdinand are both championship defenders and if we had Ba/Cabaye stayed fit it could have been a cricket score.

I was actually really disappointed with Helguson who I thought was quite a good player.

Once you brought on your major goal threat Tommy Smith it was basically game over.

[ ] nice strip too Tongue

How did you find the stadium? First visit there?

Was in the Plantinum Club, been in the away bit before, couldn't see fuck all, so decided to mingle with the Geordies.

Love St James's Park, great theatre for football.

Newcastle fans are usually the best. I remember beating you 5 or 6-0 at Loftus Road probably before you were born.

After each goal, the Geordies sang louder. Totally outsung the supporters of a team who were winning 6-0! Incred

However, today I was slightly surprised how muted they were. You are having a season wayyyyyyyyyyyy above expectations and should be having a ball. But no, quick to  criticise and moan, totally unGeordie like.

Total rubbish about Ferdinand you wrote. He played really well today, best defender on the pitch. Young was good too. And Kenny has been our player of the season so far. I don't think he had a shot to save. so why you thought he was dodgy I don't know. No chance with the goal. Hopefully this will be the last we see of Gabbidon and Hill in the hoops.

I thought Buzsaky had a pretty good game, but I might be biased because I really like him. Derry is indeed a Championship footballer and he won't be on the pitch much now. Warnock loved him and my guess is Derry will move on loan to wherever Mr Wanker pitches up next (maybe Millwall?). SWP has been a massive disappointment. He was great when he first signed, but has been increasingly poor as the losing run as continued. He was actually a little bit better today. Mackie is not a Prem player for sure. But he is a trier, no cause is lost for him. Perfect team player.

Bothroyd was hopeless. He missed two giltedged chances which a Premiership goalscorer should have obbled up. The second one was exactly the same as the one Best scored. Bothroyd never looked like hitting the net. Helguson looked off the pace today, but has held up the line well in recent weeks.

We need a centre back partner for Anton (I'd prefer Alex to Samba, but either will do), a left back maybe - I like Traore going forward but he's woeful at defending, a creative midfielder to take the place of Faurlin, a left sided midfielder (Pienaar please) and a goalscorer (Johnson will do, but prefer someone better- Hooper would be perfect).

I thought Newcastle were poor on the whole.

The one shining exception was Ben Arfur who was tremendous, making QPR player shit themselves every time he had the ball.

Santone was pretty good too.

The front two were appauling apart from Bests finsih, which was the only bit of quality either of them provided all afternoon. Jonas was Jonas. Did alot of work, but end product was tez. Guthrie was terrible. It felt like more than half his passes found QPR players.

Bottom line is, if QPR had a goalscorer, instead of a tart, in the number 10 shirt, you would have lost 3 or 4-1.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 15, 2012, 11:56:34 PM »

The atmosphere was flat because it's an early Sunday game, pubs dont open until 12 so everyone's still sober by the match. That said the atmosphere isn't anywhere near as good as it used to be and is the main reason I don't go anymore. It used to be good up level 7 but then they moved everyone, I'd only sit in the Gallowgate now if I went, Milburn and East stands are like morgue's half the time.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 16, 2012, 02:30:09 AM »

think that's wrong about guthrie like, thought he was good for us today and just killed the threat.

this bosazazky kid. yip, we'll have him please, looked really decent, by far your best player today imo.

Krul was immense again and Colo was best defender on park.

Barton playing would have given the game more spice ofc but overall I think once we scored we looked comfortable, but it was a really nervy first 20 when you played really well.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 17, 2012, 03:30:09 PM »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7438911/
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1106 on: January 17, 2012, 03:31:11 PM »

Ba's Senegal partner, exciting
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 17, 2012, 03:42:24 PM »

Anti-railing Senegal so hard.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 17, 2012, 04:00:34 PM »

Anti-railing Senegal so hard.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 17, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »

rofl, from nufc.com

Update: Cisse medical has taken place on Tyneside today and Sky Sports News showed footage of the player at United's Darsley Park training ground.

Initial reports of a £10m fee gave way to one in the region of £7.5m-£8m plus the inevitable add-ons. As to whether there's a release clause, we'll have to wait for the next Tottenham press conference to find that out...

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: