blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272602 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345727 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: May 06, 2012, 10:44:15 PM »

Do any Toon fans still think Tiote and Cabaye are in the same class as Yaya Toure and Barry?

Completely and utterly owned.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 06, 2012, 11:02:22 PM »

barry wasn't good, tiote getting booked after 10 mins killed him though, couldnt go flying in as rough as usual. yaya is best cm in prem though yeh

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: May 07, 2012, 11:30:12 PM »

Do any Toon fans still think Tiote and Cabaye are in the same class as Yaya Toure and Barry?

Completely and utterly owned.

Tiote is class and I'd rather have him over Barry. I'm unsure over Cabaye, he's good but seems to struggle against the top teams.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: May 08, 2012, 09:46:19 PM »

Guaranteed 5th minimum. Absolute ridic season.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: May 08, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »

Just considering whether this is our greatest achievement in the time I've been a Newcastle fan, think it's got to be right up there.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: May 08, 2012, 09:57:23 PM »

Just considering whether this is our greatest achievement in the time I've been a Newcastle fan, think it's got to be right up there.

I think if we make CL it will be. SBR getting us to 4th probably pips it otherwise, the fact we've broken even money-wise is also huge too.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 08, 2012, 10:00:53 PM »

Btw, what do people think of our new away kit for next season? I love it, best one we've had for ages.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 08, 2012, 10:03:05 PM »

I think if we make CL it will be. SBR getting us to 4th probably pips it otherwise, the fact we've broken even money-wise is also huge too.

Trying to remember back but I think us getting 5th this season was much more unlikely than 4th back then. I think Sir Bobby is the best manager we've had in my lifetime but Pardews achievements this season are unbelievable.

+1 to liking the top.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 09, 2012, 06:58:04 AM »

Trying to remember back but I think us getting 5th this season was much more unlikely than 4th back then. I think Sir Bobby is the best manager we've had in my lifetime but Pardews achievements this season are unbelievable.

+1 to liking the top.

I keep forgetting how ridiculously young some of you are.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 09, 2012, 07:20:18 AM »

+1 to liking the top.

I keep forgetting how ridiculously young some of you are.

Thanks David.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: May 09, 2012, 10:20:35 AM »

keegans first season in the prem after we got promoted was pretty huge.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 09, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »

keegans first season in the prem after we got promoted was pretty huge.

I have that on video, losing our first two games then managing to get a draw at Old Trafford and suddenly it all went from there.

geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 11, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »

Pardew has been named manager of the season.  Smiley

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/11/3096014/newcastle-united-boss-pardew-named-barclays-manager-of-the
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 12, 2012, 10:14:23 AM »

Much deserved, congrats Pardiola.

Interview here with him for anyone interested about targets etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00r955t/Total_Sport_Alan_Pardew_phonein/

This from NUFC.com

Main points:

Alluded to the possibility of signing a pal of Yohan Cabaye, which echoes recent comments attributed to our number 4 about his former Lille team mate Mathieu Debuchy, a 26 year-old right back.

Disappointed by quality of set pieces and contemplating appointing a coach with a specific remit in that area. Looking for more authority in the box at set pieces and a goalscoring centre half ("to score eight goals a season").

No guarantee that Demba Ba will remain for next season but hopes are high and club's qualification for Europe and the support to him from the fans is playing a major part in bettering the chances of him staying at SJP.

(Talking about the temperament of Ba and how he's coped with Cisse hogging the limelight, Pardew likened Demba to Madonna bringing on Cisse, as Lady Gaga!)

Wouldn't go into detail about Ba's release clause, but maintained that some of what has been claimed in the media about it is correct - and some isn't.

Three trialists were currently at the club - two of them French. One of those is a defender who can get forward and is making a good impression.

Pardew's player of the season: Fabricio Coloccini
Pardew's favourite player: Shola Ameobi
Pardew's favourite goal: Ben Arfa v Blackburn (h)

Carvers' favourite goal: Cabaye v Man United (h)

Taken advice from Stoke, Fulham, Spurs on the logistics of their European campaigns this season and on player preparation etc. 
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 12, 2012, 10:55:49 PM »

pards is a joker, abs hilar

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: