blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:49:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345634 times)
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2520 on: August 22, 2016, 10:47:41 PM »

Strong rumours going round that we are in talks with bas dost from Wolfsburg... That would be some coup.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: August 24, 2016, 03:34:15 PM »

Newcastle defender Daryl Janmaat joins Watford after completing £7m switch from Newcastle http://dailym.ai/2bhXhR8

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: August 24, 2016, 04:27:25 PM »

Newcastle defender Daryl Janmaat joins Watford after completing £7m switch from Newcastle http://dailym.ai/2bhXhR8

Not overly fussed about this one. He got forward well but often left us exposed at the back and lacked the end product to make up for it.

Blue text
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: August 24, 2016, 04:40:52 PM »

Do you guys just play Gayle up front by himself?

Really didn't work in the premiership but if it does in the championship fair play. Always thought he could only operate with a partner.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: August 24, 2016, 04:58:30 PM »

Hands off Alan Judge please Sad

toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2525 on: August 24, 2016, 05:09:03 PM »

Really didn't work in the premiership but if it does in the championship fair play. Always thought he could only operate with a partner.

He's been playing uptop with 3 behind him for first 4 games. Expected to change to two uptop now mitro is back, mitro and him should be a good partnership, mitro one of best I've seen for a long time for his age at holding the ball up, wether it be in the air or in at his feet and feeding wingers/strikers.

Had an aguero/gayle double at 44/1 to both be top scorers in relavant leagues.. Hope they carry on as they've started
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2526 on: August 24, 2016, 05:10:32 PM »

Lots of talk on this one, he only broke his leg in April and won't be fit till November, seems a weird buy.  Apparently he was in the stands last night. Highly rated ? Expected fee if it was to go through ?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: August 24, 2016, 05:19:06 PM »

He's been playing uptop with 3 behind him for first 4 games. Expected to change to two uptop now mitro is back, mitro and him should be a good partnership, mitro one of best I've seen for a long time for his age at holding the ball up, wether it be in the air or in at his feet and feeding wingers/strikers.

Had an aguero/gayle double at 44/1 to both be top scorers in relavant leagues.. Hope they carry on as they've started

Expect Gayle to be more potent with a target man with him.

He was the most aggravating purchase we ever made probably. Bundles of talent, one of the best natural finishers around, but bought for a team that for some reason and excruciatingly never played two up top ever.

I hope it severely pisses me off how well he does and he makes a mockery of the league.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: August 24, 2016, 07:47:43 PM »

Lots of talk on this one, he only broke his leg in April and won't be fit till November, seems a weird buy.  Apparently he was in the stands last night. Highly rated ? Expected fee if it was to go through ?

He was second in the league for assists last season, very narrowly lost out to Andre Grey for player of the year. Very responsible defensively a couple of years back when we made the playoffs and did even better as a number 10 last year especially in the months before he broke his leg but without the injury he would probably be gone already

We wanted £8m in January but that was before the injury and was when he was approaching his career peak production wise. Grey went for £9m so I guess he goes for 5.5-7m range

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: August 24, 2016, 09:01:59 PM »

No chance we get anywhere close to 5.5 mil! We'll get 2mil with some add ons and be glad about it. Contract up in the summer, unavailable until Nov earliest. Had he not had his leg broken at Ipswich, he'd have gone for £6mil in June and we'd have reinvested in a couple of decent wingers. Sadly, that horrendous challenge has cost Judge a major tournament and us a big sale.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: August 24, 2016, 10:27:45 PM »

Cheers for clearing that up, I struggle to get my head round football transfer fees

I mainly follow NHL ice hockey where player values are an average of their salary against the cap so when a $5m/yr player is traded, he is still a $5m/yr player whether he's in year 1 or year 5 of his contract and the actual $ wages paid to the player in whatever particular year is a footnote rather than the headline figure

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: August 25, 2016, 12:00:10 AM »

Cheers for clearing that up, I struggle to get my head round football transfer fees

I mainly follow NHL ice hockey where player values are an average of their salary against the cap so when a $5m/yr player is traded, he is still a $5m/yr player whether he's in year 1 or year 5 of his contract and the actual $ wages paid to the player in whatever particular year is a footnote rather than the headline figure

Best analogy in that instance then is a non-playoff team offloading an impending free agent star at the trade deadline(Eric Staal last season for example), knowing that they are going to lose them for nothing in the summer. They will get a reasonable return - a decent prospect plus a couple of picks maybe - as the receiving team are getting a stud for the rest of the reg season and playoffs, but they wouldn't get the incredible return they'd get if had him under contract for a much longer period (eg Weber for Subban).

I'm actually in a really deep - 28 man active roster, 28 prospect farm (840 players owned overall!) - NHL Dynasty league entering its 11th season so I'm a pretty big fan too.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: August 25, 2016, 02:23:45 AM »

Oh man, dynasty leagues are dangerous! If I got involved in one of those I might never get anything else done! I'm an Oilers fan for my sins, really hoping that Larsson proves the haters wrong and crushes this year.

(Sorry for derail toon fans)

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: August 25, 2016, 09:34:27 AM »

Guys,

If there is an appetite for a NHL thread, I'll start one.

If it flops, & nobody uses it, no prob, it'll just fall off the page.

I'll set it up later this morning, & my post will include all my accumulated NHL knowledge.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2534 on: August 25, 2016, 12:36:32 PM »

Mitro and gayle out on Saturday.... Brutal
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: