blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:34:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345599 times)
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2008, 09:15:11 PM »

FML is going to be my new catchphase.

I was kind of banking on having a bit of space to myself this afternoon, enough to not give any tells away through my breathing pattern at least. Last week against Bolton there were thousands of spare seats at the Riverside. And they got spanked.  This week there were a couple of hundred spare, at the otherside of the ground.

I was sat with a man and wife to my left. They were fairly quite, they did take part in the clapping along thing but throughout the game not too much either way.  In front was a big bloke, likely to be from Pallister or Park End (Obv there aren't that many people who know what that means, but they are not the most affluent areas - not that I'm knocking Teesside. Great place for the most part). He, like me, chose not to join in with the clapping to commercial dance music. I was quite glad of his presence, because in truth there were only really us two not doing it in the whole ground. The Newcastle fans loved it too! I'm sure some just go for the annual chance to act that an idiot and boogo along to take the piss.  To my right I had two blokes who were late in, they missed the trained monkey show, but sadly were massively loud supporters, constantly spouting Geordie f's this that etc etc. I did have to chuckle to myself thinking if only you knew.

I managed to get away with my covert operation by finding some common ground with my fellow south east stand dwellers.  Firstly David Wheater. What an absolute star that lad could be. I love his attitude. So spot on and grounded. Celebrates victories with fish and chip suppers in Redcar with his girlfriend, called Stacey! The boro fans quite rightly sing 'he's one of our own, he's one of our own, that David Wheater, he's one of our own' loudly and proudly. He is similar to Steven Taylor, but less flash, and with about twice as much ability. He made a couple of top quality tackles which I didn't mind applauding, if not leading the applause.

The other area of common ground was Alfonso Alves, though to be honest I think I was more supportive of him than them.  Obviously I dont have to watch him every week but he takes a lot of stick. Rightly in some ways. So lightweight he got blown off the ball in good positions a number of times, he also had a couple of good chances and missed.  But he does show signs of quality, and I'm convinced he'll score goals if he can get some confidence.

So, I kept nice and quite, a very small amount of interaction with those round me on the two topics above. I kept my gloved hands to my face most the game to cover my inhales and exhales, which were the opposite of what they should have been.

Probably a fair result, even though we had the best chances and the better possession. I am relieved in a way to get this game through with my pride in tact for conversations with the flatmate, but its another winable game that has come and gone and the longer we are down there the more our possible lack of character is going to come through and we'll be in the thick of the battle.

Stoke next week, which I'll be attending with a massive hangover and the prospect of another night out after it - I think I might have to drink through, which should make it an interactive game.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2008, 09:27:06 PM »

Hmm i watched it on lappy and although it was an equal 1st half they pretty much pounded us in the 2nd it wasn't til last 15 mins that we started to create anything,draw was a fair result though imo
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »

Hmm i watched it on lappy and although it was an equal 1st half they pretty much pounded us in the 2nd it wasn't til last 15 mins that we started to create anything,draw was a fair result though imo

Apart from a Alves headed chance first half and his run and shot second half I was never really worried. Martins hitting the bar, Butts freekick, think there was a deflected Martins shot that I was just waiting to see make the net buldge, but didnt. Might have to see what it looks like on MOTD.

What do you think he'll do with the front three? You can see he wants Viduka in, and you can see why the way Owen and Martins play together. Last year when we moved to all three we didnt have Jonas to fit in. The easy option is for him to drop Martins, and keep Owen sweet. A very tricky one. Martins headed straight down the tunnel after he got subbed, but I think I would be off for a warm shower rather than have my sweat freeze on me on the subs bench - hopefully that was the reason anyway.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 09:40:59 PM by Rooky9 » Logged

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2008, 09:44:21 PM »

Martins has done that a few times so doubt out will come of it.Like you say tricky situation if he wants to keep owen happy then obv guna have to start him.Tbh i wouldn't have thought it will be an issue viduka isn't fit to start at the moment and will probably be injured again soon
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2008, 11:13:52 PM »

Mark Viduka!!!

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2008, 12:26:56 PM »

What's the word for taking delight out of others misfortune?!

Well done mr Roy keane (alledged dog fiddler et al). He has finally decided to drop sunderland right in it. He was probably working for the second best board in the PL, in terms of support, perhaps the best when u add the financial power try have over boro. Yet still he can't stick at the job. What a waste of space. Football clubs, even that one, deserve better. This is a problem I think will happen more and more as already extremely rich footballers end up in management.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2008, 12:28:54 PM »

Please don't think to mention any KK comparisons!

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2008, 12:29:40 PM »

o'leary! will take the job!
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »

It's quite strange different views on it. My immediate thought was that of respect.
Going to mention Keegan but may not be how you expected the comparison.
Keegan at England knew he wasn't the man for the job and the fans, players and country deserved and could have better and resigned. I think Keane no longer thinks he's the best man for the job so has walked.
I wish Mclaren would have had this attitude. It seemed obvious to most he wasn't the right man for the job but waited until after England didn't qualify for the Euro's and even then wouldn't quit.

Hope the accountancy exams went well. Done two AAT exams this week. Didn't really prepare enough so can't expect much but didn't find it as bad as i thought i would so guess there is some hope.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2008, 01:05:20 PM »

What's the word for taking delight out of others misfortune?!

Well done mr Roy keane (alledged dog fiddler et al). He has finally decided to drop sunderland right in it. He was probably working for the second best board in the PL, in terms of support, perhaps the best when u add the financial power try have over boro. Yet still he can't stick at the job. What a waste of space. Football clubs, even that one, deserve better. This is a problem I think will happen more and more as already extremely rich footballers end up in management.

FYP

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »

I think they were promoted a year too early for Keane, he seemed to be building a solid structure but had to accelerate it when they went up.

He certainly has seemed to be losing interest recently though.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2008, 05:11:40 PM »

This is complete and utter bull imo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/7758089.stm

There was no racist intentions at all it was just a piss take just like singing that they're all child molestors is,i'm not saying that it's funny but if that is chargeable why is singing about molesting kids acceptable,this country is fukd up the pc brigade really wind me up ffs

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2008, 05:17:10 PM »

Sighhhhhhhhh seriously, If anyone thinks Mido is really a shoe bomber, or Sol Campbell is really a C**t because they heard it at a football game then I pity them ... what next, lets ban hull city fans from singing "By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen" because people might actually think its true, and a million other chants ... fuck off censors and leave football alone.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2008, 05:25:18 PM »

If this now sets a precedant then nearly the full away contingent of every football ground in the country will be arrested come on ffs this is ridic.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2008, 06:58:52 PM »

Fuck my entire life.

That is all.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: