blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:25:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 346218 times)
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2008, 08:29:01 PM »

The best sound I have ever heard in my life...... (other than the SJP roar!) Lewis Hamilton's McClaren echoing round Wembley stadium! Absolutely awesome.

Given that I'm not going to be going to Wembley anytime soon to watch Newcastle I thought the Race of Champions was a good opportunity to have a look, have a night out in London and watch some pretty crazy car driving. Would reccommend the ROC as an event. Okay so it was long, there were some decent lengths bits of filling with the same people doing the same things but for 40 quid you get 6 hours worth - puts football in its place. Some of the food prices are an absolute joke, others are just a joke - but I guess they need to recoup the millions somehow.

So I missed the game on Sunday, with them refusing to put it on in the concourse instead of showing the thing that was out in the area area! It was a nice suprise to get goal alerts from my Dad, and them all being the right way! A great result, even if Pompey aren't seen as being the same team these days. Down to just a couple of injuries and we are starting to look okay - if we hadn't of thrown away 4 points against Stoke and Wigan we'd be pushing for Europe!

Funny old game.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2008, 11:03:52 PM »

FML. Watched two different teams today. Could see their goals coming. Like I said before we are in trouble from dropping points against these teams- we'll have to get points against the top teams at home now.

The owen thing came directly from my mate who was at a function there on Thursday night.

Knap in the car on the way back and go to love some booze tonight to numb the pain.

Pretty sure that it ain't true like but see what happens, we have bigger worries than just him to be fair

FML. My mate finally confessed that he was taking the piss about Owen. Given that he told me in an email 30 minutes before my last exam I took it that he wouldnt be putting me on tilt!! Oh well.

Ok i've had a few drinks so i'm gonna give everyone a chance to take some money off me,Michael Owen will be playing in a black and white shirt next season(the 1st game of next season just to clear that up) max bet is 20 quid you've got til i wake up in the morning and anyone asking will be matched in the morning.
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2008, 09:52:34 PM »

Well done Bylth Spartans,getting through to the 3rd round proper.Just googled there cup run when i was a kid and they got 42,000 for the home game at SJP in 1978(5th round replay)now off to find out if this is a record for a non league team,got to be surely?

shy bairns get nowt
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2008, 09:47:15 PM »

For brief spells today i thought we were going to miss out on two (or all!!) of our usual guaranteed 3 points against spurs, but thankfully, for once, it was us who managed to get the late goal! I couldn't honestly say we deserved it, a point a piece would probably have been fair. That's one of the worst performances we have put in over the past 8 or so games. Jonas looked knackered right from a first minute collision, Enrique got booked very early on and was on egg shells against Lennon for the rest of the game. (I hate Enrique, because of his complete lack of heart, but he has pace and I thought he did okay today. okay so Lennon is hit and miss and apart from his pace can look pretty average.) But dispite not clicking we picked up three big big points and can now begin to look up at teams we should be looking to get ahead of.

Mention for Basssong, who I am pleased to say is keeping Taylor out the team. He looks good, but also very quick which I like in a CB. Sometimes like to play too much football for me, but until it bites him on the arse I'll have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Guthrie is also turning into a good player. He has looked decent all season (minus that stupid kick), always wants the ball and rarely gives it away. If he can be a bit stronger in the tackle he'll turn into a big big player for us over the next two years.

Three signings I'd love in the transfer window:
Upson
Bullard
Warnock

Longer term we need a striker to go with that, to replace Viduka.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2008, 09:50:37 PM »

Well done Bylth Spartans,getting through to the 3rd round proper.Just googled there cup run when i was a kid and they got 42,000 for the home game at SJP in 1978(5th round replay)now off to find out if this is a record for a non league team,got to be surely?

Good reception for them at half time.

My dad constantly goes on about how the ball wasnt in the corner D in the last minute of that 5th round replay whenever the spartans do anything of note!

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2008, 10:34:42 PM »

Does this mean we are a bigger club than spurs, surely

shiiiiiiiiiiiiip it
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2008, 05:59:10 PM »

Owen to wait till the end of the season to decide his future.

Does this mean he has definitely gone or he is actually thinking about staying with the toon depending on what they do?
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »

Well this is Owen as good as gone.My feelings are mixed,i'd liked him to show a bit more loyalty to NUFC as we were stuck with him thoughout these injury prone years,however i can see why he would want a tilt at champions league football before his career is over and give himself a higher profile in England terms.(i'am sure money has little or no factor in his decision).Owen is the consummate proffesional and will hopefully keep fit and keep scoring and therefore secure us in the top flight this year,i hope the fans don't get on his back.

BTW if he signs with another mediocre premiership side i will dispise him as i think i will have misjudged him as a man.

shy bairns get nowt
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2008, 07:54:15 PM »

No great surprise. I only have two issues, one being the fact that 'we' have given him the perfect excuse to show no loyalty. Secondly, back to a post a few pages back, before the Chelsea red herring, which was trying to name a club he could go to, play and get paid near what he does now. I can't see him anywhere outside the EPL.

Ignore all the bs about there being no loyalty in football. MO owes Newcastle big time. I feel loyalty to my employer for spending £20k to qualify me as an accountant. MO has had £20m out of Newcastle and only earned half of that amount at best. I want him to stay, but no player should be bigger than the club and that Is effectively what he now is, having us over a barrel. Like post above, if he leaves for anything but CL football I'd be very upset. Villa getting in the top four could be a big factor?

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2008, 10:38:55 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7801792.stm

Roughly translated as "no fucker with money and a brain would touch it with a 10ft pole"

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2008, 02:55:11 PM »

Looks like the team rallied behind their chairman today to celebrate the good news.   
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2008, 07:19:44 PM »

Can't even bring myself to relive any of that game. An absolute disgrace. Could be the worst performance I have ever seen. Something about wenger wanting given, Taylor and nzogbia today. If it let's shay given play at the top level and gets steven Taylor out my club then I'd be tempted to sacrifice Charlie. Waste of space. Can take enrique with him too.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2009, 04:08:34 PM »

[  ] We run good

Massive game for us vs hull yet we are struggling to get 11 players together for it,I say its massive since our season is over bar the derby game if we lose and of course the fun of a relegation battle being a possibilty so a cup run is only thing to keep any enjoyment in our season.Fuck Our Lives

[  ] This will be the only time i moan about how unlucky we are this year
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2009, 09:27:09 PM »

I think this is the most out of love with football I have ever been. Its not just results and struggling, because I've been through that with Newcastle a few times. I'm starting to question my whole passion for following my team. I dont live in the area anymore, the cost of going is about 60quid a game (definately not value!), and it takes a good 5 hours minimum for each home game.

The start of this year has had non football downs, finding my grandad has three forms of cancer and probably wont see too much of 2009 isnt nice, the only comfort being that since my Nana died 10 months ago he hasnt been happy and |I think in a way he is more than comfortable with the fact his time will be up soon. He is an absoute legend, and I'm glad I have seen in more in recent years, and plan to make as much use of the time left as possible.

Back to football. The Man City revolution appears to be kicking in. I cant help but be amused by the whole thing, its bad for football, but its no worse than a Roman loan or a Glaizier finacing deal. Real Madrid had a few top world class stars a few years ago, and they didnt clean up everything (infact it was a lean spell for them), I cant see man city doing it, as some of the worlds best footballers just wont want to play for them. They will never have the history of a Real Madrid, Barca, Man U, AC milan etc.

Full circle, back to Newcastle. Massive game on Saturday, a 6 pointer already, Blackburn away. We are struggling so much with injuries and a complete lack of ability that I think it will be a further low point and a test for the confidence. On the other hand, if we could find a win from somewhere we would be starting to create a little gap between us and the drop zone.  Mike Ashleys subsidising still isnt appearing, and to not even see us linked with an available england international midfielder is sad. We are crying out for CM replacement for Butt and I think Bullard would be ideal.

Transfer requirement (before the start of next season):

Out:
Xisco ('m glad I ahve the ability to pick a player better than D Wise. After 4 touches and ten minutes I said he wasnt good enough)
Jose Enrique (No heart at all. He has pace, but I just dont want him taking money for the effort he puts in)
Geremi (too old and slow, possibily overweight. 1.5m sounds like very good business for a sale)
Taylor (give him away for free if need be. absolute prick and not even a championship level defender)
Viduka (If he gets a new contract I'll cry)

So 5 out, an already small squad, all means we need to get 8 players in before next season. Small issue of the three who might want out/dont have a contract, FML, I'll turn to rugby league or something.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: