blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:33:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345698 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »

Harsh on his Charlton regime as they were sinking ship for whoever came in.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »

Harsh on his Charlton regime as they were sinking ship for whoever came in.

I can't agree with that. noone tipped charlton for relegation that season. he took the best squad ever at the club, combined it with the biggest transfer budget ever and somehow ended up with one of the worst teams ever. he's slightly fortunate that he was followed by an even worse manager who made him look good

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2009, 01:51:41 PM »

Never have I been so interested in the comings and goings of Newcastle United. I have met many wonderful people from the city of Newcastle but the fact remains that I had a tooth punched out walking back to the station after a match and that has jaundiced me against the football club.

Now when Keegan was appointed manager (this latest time) I felt it was only a matter of time before the serial walker went and did it again. If he did then the question I asked myself is "who would want to work for Ashley?". Logical answer of course is nobody. I took sixteen to one and have sat back to watch to see if this is a good investment or not. I have to say I am not a big fan of Shearer he did of course attempt GBH on the pitch against a Leicester City player if my memory serves oh and then he told the FA if he got a ban he wouldn't play for England again.

I feel they might deserve each other..........

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2009, 02:56:24 PM »

I love Shearer and I really want him to be a good manager, I just hope he doesnt get blamed if the Toon go down because he is starting his mangerial career in the worst job in football. Im sure the fans and even the board would get behind him for next season if they did go down. If they stay up, what a buzz there will all of sudden be about the club.

I think Newcastle have probably had the most interesting and comical season ever experienced by a professional football team this season. Maybe in 20 years time we will see a 'The damned toon' movie coming out.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2009, 03:02:28 PM »

I love Shearer and I really want him to be a good manager

? ugh

I suppose he just polarises opinions

I can't stand him (leceister city history to the fore)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »

I love Shearer and I really want him to be a good manager, I just hope he doesnt get blamed if the Toon go down because he is starting his mangerial career in the worst job in football. Im sure the fans and even the board would get behind him for next season if they did go down. If they stay up, what a buzz there will all of sudden be about the club.

I think Newcastle have probably had the most interesting and comical season ever experienced by a professional football team this season. Maybe in 20 years time we will see a 'The damned toon' movie coming out.

He wont get the blame if they go down. Which is probably why he has taken the job. If they stay up he's a hero,if they go down he will say it was too late for him to do anything.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2009, 03:15:02 PM »

At least he knows he'll probably have to kill someone before he gets a touchline ban...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2009, 06:25:57 PM »

BBC 1 news in the news section. WTF.

England 6-0 tonight would be nice to take some focus off.

Still no announcement which means one of two things. Its all sorted and they dont want to announce on April 1st! Or, there are some pretty serious snagging issues, perhaps between Shearer and the structure that he would have to work to.

I cant under any circumstances see this as a bad thing. He is the right man at the right club. All managers start somewhere.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2009, 06:30:18 PM »

Desperate times on the toon ....

You are heading for relegation, you need someone with experience and a track record of getting the best out of players and instilling some belief and confidence in them .... who ya gonna call ??

Oh yeah, some bloke who has no management experience, no personality and no clue.

Quite how anyone can honestly believe that this is the best thing for the club is beyond me tbh.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2009, 06:38:51 PM »

I cant under any circumstances see this as a bad thing. He is the right man at the right club. All managers start somewhere.

usually in League 3, Non League or as an assistant to a good one (with the odd exception obv, but good exceptions are rare)

None of these apply here

He'll cause a feelgood factor amongst fans which is of course half the battle, but I remain to be convinced he'll make a difference to them on the pitch

My eyes are open wide
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2009, 06:41:54 PM »

Desperate times on the toon ....

You are heading for relegation, you need someone with experience and a track record of getting the best out of players and instilling some belief and confidence in them .... who ya gonna call ??

Oh yeah, some bloke who has no management experience, no personality and no clue.

Quite how anyone can honestly believe that this is the best thing for the club is beyond me tbh.

There are 8 games left!! there simply isnt enought time to fufil any of that. Add to the fact that most, if not all, good amanagers already have jobs, I guess that we dont have time or cash avilable to buy them out of their contracts. We need someone who knows the club and will not need time to make an impact. Literally cant think of any other viable canidate. the arguement that maybe this should have been done weeks ago is acceptable but completely worthless.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2009, 06:44:53 PM »

usually in League 3, Non League or as an assistant to a good one (with the odd exception obv, but good exceptions are rare)

None of these apply here

He'll cause a feelgood factor amongst fans which is of course half the battle, but I remain to be convinced he'll make a difference to them on the pitch

I dont really agree with this. How many good v bad exceptions are there? Ignore the chunk of 'usual routes', ie Paul Inces! Out of the premeir league clubs I can think of two right off the top of my head that went straight in at the deep end, and are still there.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2009, 06:49:39 PM »

Southgate is one right? not a great example

Zola I'll give you

the other 17 are experienced

My eyes are open wide
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2009, 07:16:13 PM »

Southgate is one right? not a great example

Zola I'll give you

the other 17 are experienced

Southgate has made one mistake at Boro, blowing all his 12m budget on Alves. To be fair, the resources they have there I think he has done well to keep them up. He has the ability to compete with the top managers, shown by one of the best records against the top 4 over the past couple of years. He has also gone from no experience to being one of the longest serving in the league!

Zola had a little bit with Italy U21s (Shearer has had a little bit under Glenn Roeder (tongue is stuck in cheek a little!))

Where did Mark Hughes start? top level of international football?

I can't think of a recent top level starter who failed actually? Roy Keane did okay ish too, absolutely no experience.

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »

I don't think Klinsman had much experience either.
Good luck anyway. I'd love Wednesday to be playing Newcastle again but prefer it to be in the premiership.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: