blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:51:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Blackpool: Day 1A
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Blackpool: Day 1A  (Read 45827 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2008, 12:26:11 AM »

Last hand before the break and Martyn Cavanagh knocks out Chuck Sellers the old A-A vs K-K helping out the Welshman.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2008, 12:51:48 AM »

Pot of the night here propels Zachary Ford to the chip leader's enviable position - and it's a big one...  It appears that Ford raised from the cutoff with the nontraditional three diamonds, getting some interest from small blind, and erstwhile chip leader Lane Newport (below).  A flop of got the attention of them both, but it all really kicked off when the turn brought the .  Feeling comfortable that the preflop raiser was betting "Something like an Ace," Newport called his all-in bet with for the lower flush!

It was over 110k which made its way to Ford when the smoke cleared. 

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2008, 12:52:16 AM »

It's all very friendly on table 5. Lots of medium stacks going along taking it in turn to steal then show that they weren't stealing by showing thereafter. This friendly atmosphere has become contagious and now even Andreas Hoivold is showing the odd hand, in my view though, a scandie should never show his cards, for one thing, they never have anything or ever make a legitimate hand as everyone knows.

Fight the friendliness Andreas!!!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2008, 12:54:25 AM »

Lee Atherton just busted, getting it all in as the blinds hit the 500/1k mark with , called quickly by the cutoff who'd picked up and quickly crushed his hopes of an outdraw by spiking a third queen on the flop.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2008, 01:06:35 AM »

Lane Newport raises to 18k, or 'Everything but 3k of my stack'. Ken Wong moves all-in behind him. Everyone else folds.

Ken Wong:
Lane Newport (having called):

...(Wong start for Newport)... ....("Queen!" shouts Newport).......

Newport screams, "YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!"

It's then pointed out it's a split pot.

Newport, "Oh."

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2008, 01:16:01 AM »

any news on redfox?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2008, 01:17:55 AM »

Hello everybody!

Any chance of an update on Colin Wu.  Please.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2008, 01:21:55 AM »

Marc Goodwin has knocked out John Eames in a monster pot on a K-9-9-x-x board after it all went in on the turn. Both had a 9 but Marc's Q-9 was better than John's T-9 to give him a monster 130k pot and eliminating the young Internet pro.

Zach Ford has busted Willie Haughey, 6-8-9 flop, Haughey had A-9 except Ford had T-7...

Paul McIntyre has lost much of his stack. He and Andreas Hoivold saw a flop, the young Scouser raising Hoivold's 5.1k bet to 13.7k, Hoivold moved all-in for another 30k or so, covering his opponent before rattling off all the possible hands he could have. McIntyre passed and Hoivold showed him 7-6.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2008, 01:23:08 AM »

any news on redfox?

I think he's out because he just came to say goodbye, I'm afraid.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2008, 01:30:21 AM »

Another potentially big pot (but honestly, despite the drama factor being x10, about a fifth of the size of the Newport one a minute ago) just played out... Thomas Saint moved all in preflop into two players who couldn't pass to what he put on top of the initial raise.  It looked like it was actually an underraise, so they couldn't muscle each other out of the pot either. 

Flop:   Check from Charles Harman (I think) to Barry Grime who bet 8k into a pot of around 20k.  This gave Harman some kind of apoplectic reaction, as he moved his chair out of the way, the better to loom over the table, count down his chips for a while, ask, "Do you have big slick?" to which his opponent said, "What?" and generally look very annoyed.  "I'm going to see what you've got anyway," he said, before adding, "F**king hell this is painful!"  I wondered what he could be throwing at this juncture, but was surprised that this level of angst had come from his now out-flopped Queens, which he mucked instructing the dealer/poker gods, "Don't you dare put a King or a Nine down there!"

Instead, Grime's flopped two pair with was outdrawn by the all in when a Queen popped out on the turn to give him a straight.  "YES!" he said, tripling up and leaving a generally overwrought feel to the table.  Lucky play will soon end in approx. 5 mins...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2008, 01:32:32 AM »

Hello everybody!

Any chance of an update on Colin Wu.  Please.

I'm afraid it's going to have to wait until the final chip count... not sure if your man is still in or not at this point, but we'll have his chip count if he's survived/moved when they're bagged and tagged which is happening in a moment.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2008, 01:36:28 AM »

Agony for Alan Mclean in the last minute, all-in with against Mike Fisher's . was the first card out, and that was that...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2008, 01:40:57 AM »

Play has finished for the day. Full wrap up and chip counts to trundle along when the Raabmeister has them. Over 303 have already paid in meaning this will probably be one of the biggest GUKPT's of the year, other than the Grand Final.

Jen and I will be back from 2pm tomorrow. Toodlepip and all that jazz.

NEVES

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2008, 01:46:59 AM »

For some great updating.

Many thanks.

Rules are for the obedience of fools and
guidance of wise men.
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2008, 01:47:39 AM »

okay no worries, great updating
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print