blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1a
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1a  (Read 57416 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »

JP and Moomin have been sparring as you would expect.

"He keeps winning all the big pots," Chris told me. "He 4- bet me once, must've had Aces."

JP laughed but didn't let on.

Here is JP getting ready to call a Moorman raise...

"Hmm, now I've called, guess I should check my cards!"

JP -  24,000
Moomin - 21,500

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2008, 04:42:32 PM »

JJ Hazan(?) going for the double combo of Shirt of the Day and "WTF!?!" Expression of the Day

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2008, 04:52:51 PM »

STOP!

Double time!

Click to see full-size image.

First up, a double up for the rollercoasting Will Kassouf. He got it all in on a flop with, as it turned out, the extremely mighty . "Oh," said caller Barny Boatman, turning over , "I thought I'd be in better shape than that." Some but not enough help for the Boatman on the turn and river, and Kassouf's up to 6.5k, Barny's down to 11k.

-----------

Double up number two:

From the notepad of the lovely Dena (business must be bad if she's auditioning for an updating job, but thanks!), Michael Moore got it in preflop with pocket nines against the A-K of Ganesh Rao and it must have been an emotional ride for the both of them all the way down the 3-J-5-K-9 board.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2008, 04:53:13 PM »

Said the Mujahideen wannabe! Cheesy

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2008, 04:56:40 PM »

Deary me, it must have been an uncharacteristically quiet exit for Ian Woodley as he slipped away without any of the press noticing until it was too late. Here's one we made earlier though:

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2008, 05:00:20 PM »

updates, chip counts and embarrassing pics of praz, mantis, sick dog, the welsh wizard, jp and kunku pls....good work snoops
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2008, 05:03:57 PM »

Busted

Messrs Will Kassouf, Alan Vinson and Christopher Ulsrud.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2008, 05:06:30 PM »

Actually there's been no improvement on Bad Pictures of Karl since Dana's early attempt.  He does feature in one of two interesting-but-could-have-been-more-interesting pots I witnessed though -

Karl made the bold check-raise all in on river move against neighbour David Lloyd just now.  The board stood Two Clubs two spades , and Lloyd had fired 2k into a pot of just under 7k on the river when Karl checked to him.  When Mahrenholz calmly placed in enough chips to cover his opponent - a further 8-9k - the understandable dwell began.

I warmly invite you to stare at this photo for around three and a half minutes if you'd like to know what that part of the hand was like.

Then he folded and although a cluster of people had gathered tableside to watch the river carnage, we were all secretly a bit disappointed when Karl did that nonchalant one-finger muck and scooped the pot without a word.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2008, 05:06:52 PM »

Miserable Table Of The Day

Messrs Paul Ephremsen, Daniel Tafur, Paul Jackson, Martin Bader, Jonothon Butters, Richard Gryko, Henrik Nowakowski and John Eames are having absolutely no fun at all, with the sighing and harumphing and the sitting in the dark and the nobody talking to each other as far as I can see shenanigans.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2008, 05:13:34 PM »

Cruelty Of The Day

The players are being fed something that smells amazing at the tables, while this press member weeps with hunger.

I'm going to look at this and lick my laptop screen instead.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 05:15:10 PM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2008, 05:14:43 PM »

Recently busted: Pippa Flanders, as evidenced by her wandering around the cardroom in search of Tim.
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »

ridiculous table -

dave colclough, sam trickett, dan carter, stu rutter and now also andreas hoivoid!

not nice
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2008, 05:19:47 PM »

Here is recent Bustee Christopher Ulsrud, his crippling hand involving him betting out a Ah two spades board, only for the Streetfighter-y named Long Zhang to raise. Ulsrud shoved, Zhang insta-called, shouted "Ha-DO-Ken!" and did three fireballs and a dragon punch, before flipping up 3-5 to the bemusement of Ulsrud.

Here he is looking daggers at his Nemesis.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2008, 05:20:48 PM »

Just this minute busted:

Terence Owens, he of the unfortunate double cracked aces early on.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2008, 05:23:14 PM »

Miserable Table Of The Day

Messrs Paul Ephremsen, Daniel Tafur, Paul Jackson, Martin Bader, Jonothon Butters, Richard Gryko, Henrik Nowakowski and John Eames are having absolutely no fun at all, with the sighing and harumphing and the sitting in the dark and the nobody talking to each other as far as I can see shenanigans.

Hold your horses, Ms. Immanuel - while the unfavourable lighting has kept me from this table until now, the second of my interesting-but-could-have-been-more-so hands actually involves these selfsame players.

Paul Jackson raised to 325 from the cutoff.  Over to button Martin Bader (shiny guy on rhs of photo), who repopped it to 1,200.  Over to the blinds, where bb Richard Gryko thought about it for a moment and then made it comfortably over 4,000.  Clearly a nonbeliever in himself either, Bader instapassed after Jackson.  Bustling with vivacious conversation, I have given them a mini comic to illustrate how not true Dana's blanket characterisation of the Table of Misery is:*

*Dialogue actors' own.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: