blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:14:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1b
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1b  (Read 53275 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2008, 07:51:36 PM »

Elsewhere, 15 minutes of action haven't resulted in that many big swings of chips, but some shorter stacks are starting to get a little frisky with the re-raise all in... like David McConnon who shoved over a Rob Sherwood preflop raise to 775.  Not even Neil Channing immediately saying, "You took my move away!" could persuade Sherwood to make the call, however, and he passed, leaving his stack of just under 30k intact.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2008, 07:55:51 PM »

What Is Mickey Eating?

Even he can't bear to look, although his pose sort of suggests to me a disturbing ortolan-style pleasure (see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1562561/Franceandrsquos-songbird-delicacy-is-outlawed.html if you really must):

Here it is in close up. "Don't tell the rabbi!" he said...

Click to see full-size image.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2008, 07:57:16 PM »

Here are some I snapped earlier (but who are still in):

James Keys - actually on around 13k currently

Padraig Parkinson and Paul Pab Foltyn

The back of Pab's T-shirt which wins the Djinn 2008 Obscure Reference Award for advertising the 'Zanerobe Tomahawks.'

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2008, 08:12:02 PM »

Nasty bit of blind on blind action here:

I joined this hand with Glenn Ashworth all-in with pocket Kings versus David McConnon on a board.

McConnon couldn't have hit much of a better flop though, seeing as he held the mega-draw and as the hit the turn leaving Ashworth's previously dominant pair of Kings looking weak, miserable and draw-deady.

McConnon was not in the mood for sympathy though, punching the air as his straight came in on the turn in somewhat unsportsmanlike fashion whilst a miserable looking Ashworth counted out the large dent in his stack.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2008, 08:20:20 PM »

Double Up for Glenn Ashworth pretty soon thereafter - apparently having learnt well how low suited connectors kick the crap out of large pocket pairs, he called a Rob Sherwood preflop raise with and smacked the flop square on the jaw.  Bet out from Sherwood, raise from Ashworth, reraise all in from Sherwood, brief pause, call.

Sherwood held the and as soon as the turn came a safe two spades Ashworth relaxed and prepared to stack his chips which now totalled 40k again.  Meanwhile Rob Sherwood down to 7,700.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2008, 08:22:02 PM »

Neil Channing has around 16k at the moment and he drew me aside for a moment for what I assumed was a hand or two but no.

Instead he went on to sing the praises of Thomas Bichon, a Corsican player who he has become very familiar with in recent times.

"He came over for the London EPT and he's stayed here ever since! He doesn't play many tournaments but he's an excellent cash game player. He's been winning the lot! He's also very funny, whenever he wins a decent pot, he's always saying, 'You know, back home in Corsica, this is a lot of money!' Watch out for him..."

Ah, what does Neil Channing know about picking out decent players?

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2008, 08:23:44 PM »

That be ripple11 (Nick Jenkins) on the left there.  Wish him good luck and tell him I want 10%...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2008, 08:25:02 PM »

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2008, 08:26:14 PM »

Talking of Neil Channing, he's got ice cream (bananas model's own).

Skalie and Roberto have ice cream too:

Even Flushy's got one:

As does Stuart Nash, and Liam Flood seems to have got two and a possible extra hand:

« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:30:02 PM by danafish » Logged
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2008, 08:27:18 PM »

On the same table as the Ashwood/Sherwood/McConnon combo is the calmly confident Channing, whose idiosyncratic chortle can be heard from right across the room.  Chatty as anything, his table seems to be having fun despite the continual movement of large amounts of chips from stack to stack.  Not so much action through his stack from what I see, however - I reckon no-one's noticed though the amount he's talking.

Just now Fran Egan raised under the gun, and small blind Nathan Lee called, inviting Channing in with, "You're going to join the party..."
"I'm going to be in it," confirmed Neil, "It's just a question of whether I bring a bottle."  In the end that translated to reraising a further 4,200, enough to get rid of both his opponenets.  Lee flashed him the before passing.  Channing's Verdict:  "That's third.  He has the second best hand and I have the best hand."  It sure did look like that, as he flashed Queens...

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2008, 08:27:41 PM »

Skalie and Roberto have ice cream too:

Roberto looks like he should be using Sensodyne.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2008, 08:30:42 PM »

Everyone is glad of the ice cream, but it could have been a little less intrusive. Padraig Parkinson moved all in on the river of a two hearts board, and while Abed Eid was deciding whether or not to call, the tension was broken by a waitress hollering over that anyone who wanted ice cream should raise their hand. "How many flavours?" piped up Roberto Romanello while Padraig on his immediate left tried really hard to ignore him. Eventually Eid folded. Everyone got ice cream.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2008, 08:30:52 PM »

Sunny Day for Chattha

Sunny Chattha has been quietly accumulating chips so far, flying under our radar somewhat but his dot appeared in sharp focus a few moments ago as he 4 bet the extremely active Jim Moult (who has been busily pwning Flushy a lot) preflop.

The action went raise, re-raise to 3825, re-re-raise to 9825, flat call from Jim!

Wow!

The board fell Two Diamonds and after Sunny checked, Jim also elected to check behind.

The turn fell the and Sunny spent only a few moments picking up his stack and moving all-in (13k or so)

Jim thought about it for a while, re-checked his hole cards and threw them in the muck, meaning a delighted Sunny picked up the 20k pot, moving him to well over 30k now.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2008, 08:34:30 PM »

Priyan De Mel is OUT, busted by Cecilia Borg. Apparently he said deliberately because I was in earshot that he was busted by a girl because I'm a girl and girls can't play poker, or something, which probably would have amused me but I was blissfully not listening so all this was related to me by Flushy after Priyan had left the building.

Cecilia Borg up to 21k.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:39:36 PM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2008, 08:37:13 PM »

Stuart Nash, still eating his tiny tub of ice cream, bet 2k on the turn of a board and Jeff Burke called. They both checked the river and Burke announced, "King," but it wasn't enough as Nash turned over Art two hearts to take the pot.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: