blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:15:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1b
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1b  (Read 53075 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2008, 11:03:31 PM »

Poor old Pab.  "I just want this day to be over."  Leaving sickbed only long enough to buy in to the tournament, Paul Foltyn has been dosing himself with the admirable combination of Day and Night Nurses and is feeling rough.  It hasn't stopped him raising his stack up to just under 60,000 however, so whatever sympathy the other players might have for his snivelly condition is probably mitigated.  When I suggested just skipping the last level and getting that all-important extra hour's sleep, he admitted that he just couldn't bring himself to do that.  "Plus there's Moorman to catch up with..." 

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2008, 11:04:04 PM »

The Count!

Some of you with slight dyslexia may have thought I was referring to James Dempsey again there but no, here's some counts from random, assorted players.

Dave Callaghan - 27k
Neil Channing - 28k
Paul 'Pab' Foltyn - 61k
Roberto Romanello - 30k

Roberto was on 25k but then was seen betting a 2-4-6-4 board for 5.5k. His opponent was dwelling and the Radio went into overdrive.

"I've got the best hand but my kicker's not so good. Yeh definitely a few kicker problems but my hand is best I know. If you're calling you'd better have a good kicker. Well, what is it?"

The answer was a fold and as Roberto swept up the pot, continuing to talk about his bad kicker, he was admonished by Padraig Parkinson.

"Just shut up and post your blind!"

"I'm back playing my best poker now, I've got my game back!"

"You've got your mouth back!" retorted the Irishman a little tetchily, perhaps finding it unusual not to be the most vocal player at the table.

Meanwhile Roberto's now eliminated brother was stood behind him, laughing hysterically.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: November 28, 2008, 11:08:23 PM »

More minor misfortunes for Liam Flood, who called a 2.5k raise from Mickey Wernick. "Leave me alone, you old Irish fox," warned Mickey, but it was too late for that and they proceeded to a flop, which both players checked. Mickey checked before the dealer turned over the turn, Flood checked behind, and Mickey checked the river blind too -- and then exploded with laughter when the dealer turned over the . He still checked, though, and Flood bet 2.5k. Mickey called and Flood flipped A-Q -- but Mickey turned over A-K to take the pot.

Mickey Wernick: 35k
Liam Flood: 50k
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 11:10:20 PM by danafish » Logged
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2008, 11:10:39 PM »

Poor old Pab.  "I just want this day to be over."  Leaving sickbed only long enough to buy in to the tournament, Paul Foltyn has been dosing himself with the admirable combination of Day and Night Nurses and is feeling rough.  It hasn't stopped him raising his stack up to just under 60,000 however, so whatever sympathy the other players might have for his snivelly condition is probably mitigated.  When I suggested just skipping the last level and getting that all-important extra hour's sleep, he admitted that he just couldn't bring himself to do that.  "Plus there's Moorman to catch up with..." 

Self-indulgent though it might be to quote my own post, I must inform you all that in the last 15 minutes another space has opened up on Pab's table and perhaps being under the weather agrees with him as he's now Chip Leader on just over 120,000!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2008, 11:13:10 PM »

Which somewhat takes the shine off my Leaderwatch table which was going to feature Liam Flood (75k) and tablemates Mickey Wernick (50k+) and Stuart Nash (45k) and Darshan Sami (48k). 

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2008, 11:14:26 PM »

And Flushy has doubled again. Honestly it's getting boring!

He raised on the button with and Ram made the call.

The flop fell and when Ram checked, Flushy bet out, only for Ram to check raise all-in.

Flushy called and gave me this explanation.

"He's got a wide range there, I have to balance his range with tens and smaller flush draws so it's a +EV call."

This was his actual thought process.

Click to see full-size image.

Anyway, he called, Ram had T-6 for two pair. Obv Flushy gets there and is now sitting atop a 35-40k stack again.

"Well played sir!"
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 11:18:13 PM by Djinn » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
shellby
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2008, 11:14:57 PM »

Any update on Fran Egan please?
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2008, 11:16:23 PM »

Self-indulgent though it might be to quote my own post, I must inform you all that in the last 15 minutes another space has opened up on Pab's table and perhaps being under the weather agrees with him as he's now Chip Leader on just over 120,000!

QUOTE FROM MOORMAN AT THE START OF THE DAY:

"If Pab finishes with more chips than me, I'm giving up poker!"

Pab is now only 27k from that magic number, meaning he has a level to put Moorman out of business.

Is this the end for Chris?Huh?!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2008, 11:17:22 PM »

He's in the Danger Zone with 8,100.  Recently a few chips went Ketul Nathwani's way after he flat called Egan's late position raise (2,200) on the button, flat called 2,700 on the two hearts flop, and then took the pot when it was checked to him on the turn.  Hmmm...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2008, 11:20:44 PM »

Recently eliminated:

Cecilia Borg
John Rigoli
Rob Sherwood
David Powell
Stephen Devlin

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2008, 11:22:17 PM »

He's in the Danger Zone with 8,100.  Recently a few chips went Ketul Nathwani's way after he flat called Egan's late position raise (2,200) on the button, flat called 2,700 on the two hearts flop, and then took the pot when it was checked to him on the turn.  Hmmm...

No - scratch that - just doubled up.  Break just starting - full chip counts of remaining players will follow.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2008, 11:28:35 PM »

QUOTE FROM MOORMAN AT THE START OF THE DAY:

"If Pab finishes with more chips than me, I'm giving up poker!"

Pab is now only 27k from that magic number, meaning he has a level to put Moorman out of business.

Is this the end for Chris?Huh?!

omfg. 1time plz Pab

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2008, 11:32:30 PM »

Controversy!

Once again the news comes from table Flushy. Table partner Andrew Bradshaw and Ram Vaswani were also involved.

Flushy started the party off, making it 1,600 from UTG, picking up a call from Ram Vaswani who threw in a 5k chip to signify it was a call.

This is where the arguments started. Andrew Bradshaw was apparently told by the dealer "5k on you" so put in a 5k chip to call, only for Flushy to query it.

"Huh? It was only 1,600 to call so he called 1,600?" Bradshaw was not at all happy about this.

"I was told 5k so I called 5k! If I thought it was 1,600 I might have raised!" He now stood on his chair and began flailing about - a classic debating technique, oft used in the house of commons - while the floor was called.

The floor were called over and it was ruled that as the dealer told him it was 5k, his bet was a raise to 5k...

Flushy passed, a disgruntled Ram called and before the flop was dealt Andrew moved it all-in blind.

It came K-8-8 Andrew was all-in and Ram called, unsuprisingly as he had !

Bradshaw flipped over Aces and once two blanks hit the turn and river, Ram had doubled through to a more dangerous looking 25-30k whilst Andrew was down to dust with 4 or 5k.

awful ruling. Surely the common sense ruling would have been the dealer has made an error and declared 5k to call so action should have gone back to andy and he would have had the option to call the 1600 or raise (fold is not an option). There is no way they can say andys 5k is a raise when the dealer has told him its 5k to call.

think the correct ruling would have been for it to class as a call for 1600 i think by the gukpt rules

ariston

better lucky than good
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2008, 11:34:13 PM »

"He's got a wide range there, I have to balance his range with tens and smaller flush draws so it's a +EV call."

lol

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2008, 11:40:37 PM »

The players got a short break following level 8 but they're back in action at the felt for the final, frenetic level.

Questions to be answered:

Will Flushy go broke on a flush draw?

Can Pab retire Moorman from the poker scene?

Will Channing produce any more bananas?

An exciting finish is in the offing!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: