blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:02:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1b
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1b  (Read 53270 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »

Now Pab's been getting a bit of stick for playing no hands.

The boy really doesn't need to prove himself with his online record, not to mention his near bracelet miss in 2007.

So I thought I would show how wrong people were by getting an updated chip count. The last time I counted Pab's stack he had 27k.

The new count would surely suggest some rampant raising and re-raising had been going on?

So I counted his stack.

See he's acccumulating!

Anyway I took some shots of Pab to show the world just how busy this boy's been. If anyone is shocked by one of the frames where it looks like Pab is reaching for chips, DON'T WORRY!

He was just posting his big blind. Enjoy the dynamism of the one, the only Paul Foltyn!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2008, 08:57:21 PM »

Priyan De Mel is OUT, busted by Cecilia Borg. Apparently he said deliberately because I was in earshot that he was busted by a girl because I'm a girl and girls can't play poker, or something, which probably would have amused me but I was blissfully not listening so all this was related to me by Flushy after Priyan had left the building.

Cecilia Borg up to 21k.

CORRECTION

Flushy informs me that it was in fact he who was insulting me and all girlkind, not the very pleasant Mr De Mel at all. We apologise for the slanderous allegations. Bad Flushy!
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2008, 09:01:46 PM »

I love the way one report sets up another sometimes.  Pab just near-doubled through, knocking out Roberto Romanello's verbal sparring partner of the last hour, Abed Eid.

Pab reraised all in preflop, and waited patiently while the final commentary came from Eid.  He was covered, and resignedly put the lot in saying, "I am sick of this day," and turning a dominated to Pab's .

The board:  Two Diamonds two hearts and off he went with what sounded like, "Hope I didn't annoy you!" from Romanello following him.

Eid deliberating

Pab springing to life

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2008, 09:05:12 PM »

I wandered over to see Erik Svanes bet out 1.5k on a two hearts flop. Dinh Le called to his left flat-called, but Robert Boon announced all in behind for another 10k exactly. Svanes passed pretty sharpish, but Le debated with his inner lagtard for a while. "Why?" he was asking. Eventually he called, and he was behind.

Le:
Boon:

Turn:

River:

The jack played, and in a Boon for Robert he more than doubled up to almost 30k.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2008, 09:11:31 PM »

Neil Channing - sports bettor, poker player, staker supremo.

And he's got chips!

He just played out a big pot which helped him reach this lofty perch.

Seeing a flop of he called a bet of 1,100 and saw the turn fall the .

Leading for 1,700 he watched his opponent insta check-raise to 4.2k. He called before seeing the fall on the river.

Check from his opponent, the Channing Chatter Machine was turned onto full blast.

"I thought I had you on the flop but then you check raised me on the turn and I thought, 'I've let you get there haven't I?'...oh I dunno. Have you got a set of fours? Ok six thousand is the bet."

Channing now turned off and perched hunched over the two bananas he has in front of him like a selfish gorilla who didn't want to share his fruit.

His opponent called, only for Channing to show down for the flush, and being shown by his opponent for his trouble.

Over 30k now, he has a last-longer and most-chipped-up side bet with Flushy ( and possibly about 30 others) which he looks likely to take down, especially in light of the most recent hand Flushy played (TBC)...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2008, 09:12:53 PM »

Oh deary deary me.

I caught the very end of a Bradshaw disaster, and the very beginning of the aftermath. The board read (or possibly , I'm afraid I only caught the very end and wrote it down very quickly) and Andrew Bradshaw bet 7k. Flushy very slooowwwwlllyyy called, and his was good against Bradshaw's . Flushy up to 36k.

The next hand, a clearly tilty Bradshaw raised in late position and then called a reraise all in from short-stacked Richard Stanley. Stanley turned over a very reasonable ... and Bradshaw turned over a rather esoteric . The two hearts board did nothing for anyone, and Bradshaw is down to 15k. Yikes.

Insert your own caption:

« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 09:56:15 PM by danafish » Logged
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2008, 09:17:10 PM »

I was only hovering over the Pab/Eid table because of a featurette I was about to post about who the talkiest players of today were.  Both Eid and Roberto qualified, but unfortunately I am going to have to disqualify Eid again because he's now OUT.  So in ascending order, who's like having the radio on at your table?  For whom might you need the Noise Cancelling function should you wish to concentrate?  Who could perhaps sell you a beanbag and convince you it was a Ferrari?

4th place

Padraig Parkinson  - although when on form he can quite literally hold a fairly amusing conversation with himself, or spread one over several different people at once, he's been concentrating at least a bit today and I can't hear him from the centre of the room, so he doesn't qualify for a ribbon position.  Still one of the masters, though.

3rd place

Louise Duffy - confident lady player Duffy in the last couple of levels seems to have been on the Redbull or something as every time I pass her table she is talking to someone or just kind of declaiming.  Like having the radio on low from where I'm sitting.  Her voice rates 4/10 on the Annie Duke Projection Scale though, so she's third in the list.

2nd place

Neil Channing - for reasons already discussed - recognisability of laugh, frequency of same, ability to get other people on his table to talk back to him, definitely deserves a runner-up spot.

Click to see full-size image.

1st place

Roberto Romanello - obv.  I genuinely think he traumatised Mr. Eid into pushing with that AJ.  Plus about 20 minutes ago all I could hear was, "I'll give you three to one!  No FIFTY to one!!! LAST LONGER, you want it, you want it? LAST LONGER what do you SAY?" which I think was directed at the same man.  He replied, "I only play for fun, you're the professional!" to which Padraig Parkinson added, "Professional fish fryer," and basically all together that table wins all vocal prizes, with the ribbon awarded to Romanello.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 09:20:38 PM by Djinn » Logged

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2008, 09:22:19 PM »

Flushy's up and down day continues, the latest debacle Flushy managed to get his chips in good for once though, raising with 9-9 only to see a Scandinavian player of unknown nomenclature, though possibly he is called Erik Anders Anderseriksson, shoved. Insta-call from Flushy to be shown K-8.

"One time!" said Flushy for the millionth time of his young poker career.

But it wasn't to be.  A king spiked, knocking Flushy back to 20k ish...AGAIN!

Maybe he needs to have a word with the patient chip accumulator that is Paul Foltyn.

Patience Young Padawan. Wait for antes you must!

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2008, 09:25:34 PM »

Flushy's up and down day continues, the latest debacle Flushy managed to get his chips in good for once though, raising with 9-9 only to see a Scandinavian player of unknown nomenclature, though possibly he is called Erik Anders Anderseriksson, shoved. Insta-call from Flushy to be shown K-8.

"One time!" said Flushy for the millionth time of his young poker career.

But it wasn't to be.  A king spiked, knocking Flushy back to 20k ish...AGAIN!

Maybe he needs to have a word with the patient chip accumulator that is Paul Foltyn.

Patience Young Padawan. Wait for antes you must!

lol, so fckin sick
murf223
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »

Any latest chip count on Nicky Power please??
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2008, 09:47:59 PM »

The young man in this photo being tailed by the secret service* is Adam Stoneham, the latest casualty of the GUKPT Grand Final.  After a good start to the day it looks like Stoneham's cards dried up and he was nursing a shortish stack by the time he busted.  Just prior to this, however, he'd clawed back 5-6k moving in on the turn against Roberto on a board of for around 10k and taking that pot down.

Here however, he saw a flop vs. Pab who'd dusted off his chips once more - this time Pab raised on the flop by flipping in two nonchalant yellow 5k chips, and it was just a formality to be sure that when Stoneham went for it he was covered all-in... he held against the drawtastic of Paul Foltyn.

Stoneham dodged the turn but the river made Pab the flush and bumped him from the tournament.

*Possibly a private hire bodyguard instead

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2008, 09:48:24 PM »

Any latest chip count on Nicky Power please??

Yes, he has three chips.

One is a 5k, the other two were hidden beneath this one, but didn't look like 1ks.

So he is on serious life support but laughing and joking with his table nonetheless.

Doing better is Dave Callaghan, holding steady on around 22k right now.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2008, 09:59:53 PM »

Yawn, another Flushy update.

Much though I would rather aim my interest elsewhere, whenever I pass Flushy's table his stack has either doubled or halved, forcing me to hear the latest tale of joy/woe from his fishy lips.

He's back over 30k again, this time as a result of raising A-7 from early position and being called.

The flop fell A-K-J and though I didn't have my pen on me at the time I beleive Flushy checked it before betting the 9 on the turn and facing a check raise.

He called and then called a big bet on the blank river.

A-7 was good and his opponent berated him for calling. "How can you call that!"

Though Flushy didn't give a proper answer, I can answer for him.

Because much like King's Cross...

Click to see full-size image.

...he is a massive station.

While Flushy related this hand to me, he pointed out (again) that he was unlucky to have "doubled up my scandinavian neighbour."

The icy stare he received back could have blown straight off an Icelandic Icecap. Nice to see he's making friends as usual Smiley
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:04:11 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2008, 09:59:57 PM »

Andy Kingan is OUT, running his into Neil Channing's preflop. No queens on the board, and he's gone. Channing threw a banana at him as he left.*

* May not be true.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2008, 10:01:51 PM »

Andy Bradshaw has been a little on the hyper side of active recently, after doubling through Richard Stanley a few hands later he was raising to 1,600 preflop, only for Jim Moult to flat call in position, and Richard Simmonds to push all in over the top.  Bradshaw relentlessly punished the lid of his GUKPT mint box while dwelling (it does make a satisfying popping sound when badgered) but passed, as did Moult.

The very next hand he limped in, Sunny Chattha raised to 2,125, and Jim Moult took his turn to shove pre for 12,975 total.  In went Bradshaw's call, Sunny bowed out and they were on their backs:
Bradshaw:
Moult:

No surprises and he's down to the felt... in fact the grapevine is now telling me he's OUT.

Pictured from left/back:  Andrew Bradshaw, Sunny Chattha, Jim Moult, some of Simmonds

« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:03:40 PM by Djinn » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: