blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:41:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1b
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1b  (Read 53074 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 02:59:36 PM »

Fold to Nichlas Mattsson on the button, who has the unenviable job of nicking the blinds of both John Duthie and Jeff Burke.  Valiantly, he gave it a shot, raising to 150, called immediately by Duthie, and then raised by Burke to 550.  He made the call, as did the EPT magnate with the newly-doubled-through-Julian stack.

The flop:   Check to the raiser, who bet 1,700 immediately, which won him the pot. 

"That's the second bluff you've done..." speculates Liam Flood.
"No," interjects John Duthie, "If I'd've called that would have been a bluff."  For some reason much hilarity ensues.

Duthie and Burke pictured pre-hilarity

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 03:02:10 PM »

Sad news!

Amazingly it looks like the first casualty of the day is none other than the only man to have picked up two GUKPT titles, Julian Thew.

Crippled by that hand against John Duthie, Julian was probably looking for a spot to accumulate quickly and when he flopped top pair, top kicker with A-K on a board he was happy to get it in, although his opponent held a massive draw with .

The flush came in and that spelt the end of Julian's tournament.

SHOCKING!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 03:03:39 PM »

Gl Pab!  thumbs up
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 03:05:59 PM »

Just a mini list picked from the entrants so far (full list will be posted when available), in case anyone has any bets/friends/bets on friends:

Jon Kalmar
Priyan De Mel
Maz Nawab
Padraig Parkinson
Roberto and Antony Romanello
Pab
Nik Persaud
Neil Blatchley
Joe Grech
Simon Trumper
Ali Mallu
Neil Channing
Henning Granstad
Adam Stoneham
Peter Gould
Fran Egan
Martin Green
Nicky Power
Stuart Nash
Rob Taylor
Albert Sapiano
Rob Sherwood
Sunny Chattha

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 03:06:10 PM »

Meanwhile, in non-Thew related news, we have no fewer than two Romanellos on a single table, Roberto looking like he could do with a nap, Anthony looking like he could do with the attention of the waitress. Looks like when they both perk up we might be treated to some hot Romanello-on-Romanello action. Something for the ladies to look forward to, then.

Click to see full-size image.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 03:09:10 PM »

Gl Pab!  thumbs up

Pab has an interesting table with another very solid line-up facing him.

Sat all in a row are Jon "Skalie" Kalmar, 2007 WSOP ME finalist, Roberto Romanello, who has a very good record at the GUKPT, Padraig Parkinson and Pab.

With Roberto and Padraig likely to be chewing the ears of anyone who will listen throughout the day, it's no wonder the dealer was complaining he'll be suffering from earache before long!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:12:18 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 03:11:55 PM »

Unlucky/lucky Julian can now go back to bed, but for the rest of us in here it looks as though it might be a long day and currently blank stares and crazy vacant eyes abound.

GUKPT London winner Ketul Nathwani:

Beemeister and keen studier of poker Albert Sapiano:

Lone Scandie Henning Granstad:

Peter Gould:

Jen Mason:

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 03:15:55 PM »

Also in the running are some familiar blondeite faces, some of them wearing disguises.

Mr Curtis "Sheriff Fatman" Ledger, disguised as the Sheriff Of Guinness:

Jeff "Jaffacake" Kimber, disguised as a sportsman:

James "Flushy" Dempsey, disguised as a complete idiot:

Card_Shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 03:17:31 PM »

If Ian Nelson is playing today please pass on my best wishes to him from Steve Read..... Thanks peeps.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 03:19:44 PM »

I would just like to say that that is the bloodshot, dark circled eye of someone suffering from two months' worth of 8am building work involving a high-pitched grinding noise making instrument which when applied to the outside of one's bedroom windows interrupts sleep with probably the most efficiency of any power tool.  I am borderline between taking pot shots at the builders with an air rifle thereby discouraging this habit or getting up and helping them in order to facilitate their speedy withdrawal.  Either way the players are just lazy.  I have an excuse for my blank morning stare.

What's his excuse?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 03:25:41 PM »

The £3k buy-in has attracted the creme of the English and Irish pros and there are some juicy tables out there.

The first table greeting us as we made the circuitous journey from the Vic Press Room was that containing double GUKPT-winner Julian Thew, Liam "The Gentleman" Flood, Stuart "Foxy" Fox and EPT Supremo John Duthie, who has put no less than 7 people on AQ or pocket Tens so far.

Not to be outdone, their neighbouring table has a ring of star quality to it boasting such players as seasoned pro "Maltese" Joe Grech, Simon "Aces" Trumper, Ali "Any Two" Mallu, Rob Garfield.

Only James "Flushy" Dempsey, fresh from an unsuccessful tilt at the CPC is letting the table down in terms of celebrity. I jest of course. It's been quite a year for Flushy so far and if he can translate some of his online form into live success, he will be a threat for the title.

Already two of the players on this table have clashed. More on this shortly...

Apparently Rob Garfield is not playing today. This must be a lasagne-munching imposter

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 03:29:12 PM »

Good luck Sheriff, chip updates pls!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 03:33:41 PM »

James "Flushy" Dempsey, disguised as a complete idiot:

That's no disguise!!!

Sunny Chattha updates plz! Go my 1%!

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 03:41:42 PM »

The £3k buy-in has attracted the creme of the English and Irish pros and there are some juicy tables out there.

The first table greeting us as we made the circuitous journey from the Vic Press Room was that containing double GUKPT-winner Julian Thew, Liam "The Gentleman" Flood, Stuart "Foxy" Fox and EPT Supremo John Duthie, who has put no less than 7 people on AQ or pocket Tens so far.

Not to be outdone, their neighbouring table has a ring of star quality to it boasting such players as seasoned pro "Maltese" Joe Grech, Simon "Aces" Trumper, Ali "Any Two" Mallu, Rob Garfield.

Only James "Flushy" Dempsey, fresh from an unsuccessful tilt at the CPC is letting the table down in terms of celebrity. I jest of course. It's been quite a year for Flushy so far and if he can translate some of his online form into live success, he will be a threat for the title.

Already two of the players on this table have clashed. More on this shortly...

Apparently Rob Garfield is not playing today. This must be a lasagne-munching imposter

Apologies for my updating dyslexia. That is actually David Rudling. And he jsut played out a big pot...more to come....

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 03:42:34 PM »

Zahour of Bewilderbeast:

"Clock!" calls Samer George, attracting a floorperson and a smattering of press.  He's not in the hand - the decision is actually up to Mohammed Zahour, who faces calling for his tournament life on a flop of - but he says, "He called time on me so I'm doing one back," just in case anyone on the rail were to judge this decision unfavourably. 

Anyway, it looked like Zahour had raised preflop, been reraised by LHS neighbour Adam Stoneham, and called - then they'd got to the flop, he'd bet and then been raised all in.  After the pot had been straightened, there was 12,500 in there and it was going to cost him the rest of his stack if he made the call. 

"Thirty seconds..." Still Zahour deliberated.

"Ten.." Suddenly the stack was over the line, his was over, and he was scowling at Stoneham's .  Two Kings gave the both of them two pair, but Aces up took that tidy pot and busted the third player to leave the event so far.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: