blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:31:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 2
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 2  (Read 50592 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2008, 10:22:21 PM »

Boom!

Busto!

Robin Keston has been sent packing, despite being in control for much of the day with a big stack.

He even had a big stack when he busted but his aggressive play ran into the aggressive play of Eirik Svanes. Give them both a big pair and the fireworks were guaranteed to go off.

In this case it was Svanes who held the advantage, his pocket cowboys crushing the pocket ladies of Keston and with no surprises to the river, a whopping pot was shipped to the Norwegian who now has amassed a HUGE stack of 750k or so, more than double 2nd place.

Pics to come...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2008, 10:24:43 PM »

Aloha, Dana here once again on the Cardroom Work Station:

Blind on blind, Mazarus Nawab and short stack Jim Moult saw a three diamonds flop and Maz bet enough to put Moult and his sad shirt stack in -- maybe 25k. Call.

Moult:
Nawab: a rather lacklustre Two Diamonds

Turn:

River:

"Oh no," said Maz, genuinely sorry to suck out on the unfortunate Moult. No use crying over spilt Moult though, as he's gone and we're down to 14.

DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »

Paul 'The Pabra' Foltyn.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2008, 10:30:00 PM »

Aloha, Dana here once again on the Cardroom Work Station:

Blind on blind, Mazarus Nawab and short stack Jim Moult saw a three diamonds flop and Maz bet enough to put Moult and his sad shirt stack in -- maybe 25k. Call.

Moult:
Nawab: a rather lacklustre Two Diamonds

Turn:

River:

"Oh no," said Maz, genuinely sorry to suck out on the unfortunate Moult. No use crying over spilt Moult though, as he's gone and we're down to 14.

Here's Maz next to the empty seat which used to have Moult on it.  Doesn't it look like he's a bit anguished about it?  Come to think of it so does Martin Green, and he wasn't even in the hand...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2008, 10:30:45 PM »

Here is Eirik being shipped that potentially tournament winning pot.

I am liking the chips!

We got a few expert commentators and players to give their reaction to this shocking elimination and super-sized pot...

Dana Immanuel
- poker journalist slash musician.

What do you make of it?

Stu Rutter Poker player and professional scarf wearer.

What are your thoughts right now?

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: November 29, 2008, 10:40:06 PM »

Excellent fortune for Guy (Don't) Steel (My Blind). Jeff Duvall raised from the button and then called the shove from Steel, and it couldn't have been better for the Not Iron Man.

Steel:
Duvall:

Board: just a hint of drama with two hearts

Double up for Steel.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2008, 10:41:11 PM »

There has been quite a lot of action down on the last two tables in five hands, starting with:

Jeff Duval l has button.  He notes that Guy Steel, hitherto not in the habit of going in light and with a short stack is on the big blind.  So he just whacks in some yellow 5k chips, and suddenly Steel goes all in!  It's not a lot, in fact the initial raise might have had him covered, but as he turns his eyebrows go up as he sees Steel's !  Suddenly back in it, Steel has 170k, which is still short, to be fair, while Jeff Duvall had to wait about four more hands before he did bust someone...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 29, 2008, 10:42:51 PM »

Yep, Ash Hussain's lessthan3bb go in right away and big blind Surinder calls with three clubs - against Ash's .

The flop is promising:  but the turn absolutely crushes him with the and the river pours lemon juice on his paper cut with the .

14th for Ash and £5,500 for his efforts.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2008, 10:43:53 PM »

Good fortune for Tony Cascarino too:

Click to see full-size image.

Ash Hussain shoved his short stack in from the button, and Cascarino stuck his even shorter stack in from the big blind. On their backs.

Hussain:
Cascarino:

Board: two spades

A double up to a still frankly woefully short stack for Cascarino but it's considerably better than nothing; Hussain, pretty damn short before, is now down to the absolute felt and I suspect he may be in danger of getting eaten by the antes at this stage.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2008, 10:44:51 PM »

And now is when Duvall strikes - and takes out Martin Green in 13th place!  Green, who seemed to me to have been playing solidly all day (not in the sense of nit either) had a decent stack, and we were quite surprised to see it in preflop and a happy Jeff Duvall up against him... with the .  Green held , they did him no good and we are now down to 12.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2008, 10:49:39 PM »

JUNGLECAT HERE:

Stu Rutter sees Richard Ashby raise to 20k from late position and re-pops to 55k...

Richard thinks about it before folding A-T face-up...

Stu shows Q-9 for a nice re-steal and has taken to wearing his scarf very aptly in the manner of a bandito!

Go Stu the bandit!

Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2008, 10:50:58 PM »

JUNGLECAT HERE:

Stu Rutter sees Richard Ashby raise to 20k from late position and re-pops to 55k...

Richard thinks about it before folding A-T face-up...

Stu shows Q-9 for a nice re-steal and has taken to wearing his scarf very aptly in the manner of a bandito!

Go Stu the bandit!

sickhead. go stu! any chance of a count?
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2008, 10:52:01 PM »

A concerned and short stacked Ash Hussain, on the bubble. 
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 29, 2008, 11:00:04 PM »

I said the barometer of Jeff Duvall was going up slowly but continually - with the occasional flood of chips recently building his now nearly 500k stack.  I still tip him for the final, only much less tentatively than this afternoon.  Go Jeff Duvall!  I would like to see him and Eirik Svanes play on the final... especially now that Henning has come over and outed Svanes as a cash game player who's...

"The worst at tournaments in Norway.  Isn't that right?"
"Hmm?" goes Svanes interrupted from the table by grinning Henning.
"You are actually the worst tournament player in Norway!"
At this the sanguine mainly fairly expressionless Svanes grinned suddenly and laughing agreed.

Then he went back to looking at his 750k:

While Duvall with his 500k stack just reraised out of the small blind getting Surinder, who's not comfortably stacked any more, to pass and give up his button raise.  Note how neither player in this hand will look the other in the eye...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 29, 2008, 11:04:29 PM »

Blind on blind, Eirik Svanes raised and Stuart Rutter called.

The flop:

Swanes bet out 28.8k and Rutter flat-called.

Onwards to the turn:

Cagey check, cagey check.

And finally the river:

Swanes fired out 44k followed by an INSTAcall from Rutter, who turned over for trips. A nod and a muck from Svanes, and Rutter is up to 240k.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: