blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:48:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272581 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 2  (Read 50704 times)
Amy Winehouse

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 01:57:55 PM »

GOOOOOO Moorman - Just remember not to stick yourself in the eye...

...Maybe on the bubble with  perhaps?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:59:42 PM by Amy Winehouse » Logged
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 02:00:19 PM »

if Fran Egan wins i will run naked through grafton street in dublin christmas eve....i feel confident my veg will not be frozen anyone want to take that prop bet up?

If he wins, will make for an interesting news report on RTE to be sure.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
MadTurk

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2008, 02:04:51 PM »

Just made up some prices. If anyone wants to ring or approach me very discreetly at the Vic. Havn't got time to type them all out.

moorman     10/1, Pab 14/1, Jeff Duval 16/1, Michael Tureniec 16/1,Liam 20/1, Chufty 20/1, Ash, Robin, Glenn shworth, William Martin, Ali Mallu all at 25/1, Stuart Nash,

Dan Carter, James Akenhead,Surinder, Martin Green, Gryko, Sam Trickett, Javed and others at 33/1, Richard Wheatley, Tim Flanders, Darshan Sami at 40/1, Nik Persaud, myself, Graham Pound, Dave Callaghan at 50/1, Maz at 66/1, Davood 100/1 and Flushy at 250/1.

Flushy has tod me he doesn't plan to limp at any stage today and limp-folding is definitely a no-no. He only needs four double-ups to get to slightly below average.

]is that u neil if it s i ll have 30 pound on darsham sami is that ok?
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 02:06:19 PM »

Just made up some prices. If anyone wants to ring or approach me very discreetly at the Vic. Havn't got time to type them all out.

moorman     10/1, Pab 14/1, Jeff Duval 16/1, Michael Tureniec 16/1,Liam 20/1, Chufty 20/1, Ash, Robin, Glenn shworth, William Martin, Ali Mallu all at 25/1, Stuart Nash,

Dan Carter, James Akenhead,Surinder, Martin Green, Gryko, Sam Trickett, Javed and others at 33/1, Richard Wheatley, Tim Flanders, Darshan Sami at 40/1, Nik Persaud, myself, Graham Pound, Dave Callaghan at 50/1, Maz at 66/1, Davood 100/1 and Flushy at 250/1.

Flushy has tod me he doesn't plan to limp at any stage today and limp-folding is definitely a no-no. He only needs four double-ups to get to slightly below average.

it is neil, but he is at the table now turk - you will have to give him a call
MadTurk

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2008, 02:08:33 PM »

sorry i dont have his number can any1 ask him if it s ok to confirm please?
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2008, 02:10:14 PM »

The Day Two-ers are ready, set, and this second - GO!

A subdued field rustles and chip-clicks with little other sound - the Vic has yet to regain its full weekend bustle and I think a good few players haven't had a great night's sleep.  Not naming names.

Straight off the bat and Richard Gryko gets it in preflop, raising Ali Mallu all-in and getting snapped by .  Gryko's wasn't in great shape, and though on the turn he picked up a flush draw, the King-high board remained with too few clubs to crack Mallu, who actually had the goods this time, and now has a stack of over 100,000 to play with.  His table's faces are collectively glum, apart from Pab who's just been moved to Mallu's immediate left.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2008, 02:20:37 PM »

ACTION!

Triple all-in preflop!  Nik Persaud standing up and talking doesn't mean necessarily that all his chips are over the line... but this time it did and he was looking wryly at the in front of Long Zhang... It looked like A-K for the GUKPT rankings climber, who had moments earlier been trying to claim a "free T-shirt or something" for having been the only person to play all legs of the GUKPT.

If you're going to make silly faces when someone points a camera at you, you deserve what you get...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »

Young Irish festival journeyer Gary Clarke (sat two seats away from Fran Egan, no less) just busted Nichlas Mattsson.  Mattsson shoved pre with as it turned out, only to find his neighbour reshoving with .  They held; we're down another.  Here they are pictured in that tense 'on their backs' moment, with Gary doing the "Don't crack me," head prop.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2008, 02:24:32 PM »

Two of the short stacks - Neil "Bad Beat" Channing and James "Flushy" Dempsey had a last longer bet running which has just been decided.

Neil passed the first few hands, stopping only momentarily to compliment Davood Mehrmand on his impressively lofty bouffant - but then....suddenly....ACTION!

Neil shipped it in, only for Martin Green to make the call with K-Q.

It was a good call as Neil could only table J-8.

The board fell absent of any pairs for anyone, meaning K high was good and we were one player down...

Flushy was seen dancing like a little leprechaun at having won the last longer bet...

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:40:36 AM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2008, 02:26:13 PM »

MONEY MONEY MONEY

Entries 184
1st £167,050
2nd £96,600
3rd £69,000
4th £46,900
5th £35,900
6th £27,600
7th £22,100
8th £16,550
9th £13,800
10th £8,300
11th £6,900
12th £6,900
13th £6,900
14th £5,500
15th £5,500
16th £5,500
17th £5,500
18th £5,500

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2008, 02:29:33 PM »

Having won the last longer bet, Flushy was now called into action.

With 1.2k in the BB and 2k back, when he saw Moorman raise to 3.6k from UTG and Stuart Nash re-pop to 9k, he called his last 2k off...

Moorman also called and the two active players went to a flop of ...

Check, check.

TURN:

Check, check.

RIVER:

Moorman check, Nash 15k, Moorman folded what he later revealed was 9-9 and Nash showed AQ for the nuts.

Flushy showed a jack and said "PAIR!" hopefully, misunderstanding the rules of poker as usual but once the hand rankings were explained to him again, his tournament was over and the dream had died.

Bad luck Flushy!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2008, 02:32:51 PM »

In other news Pab hits 200k allegedly winning a big double up off Ali Mallu...more details as they arrive.

Go Pab!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2008, 02:38:44 PM »

David McConnon, late nite table irritant but enthusiastic qualifier to the tournament, has come back in a much calmer frame of mind, perusing his text messages rather than chatting at his table.  I hope by the time I post this, the details of the huge hand which decimated Ali Mallu's Gryko-busting stack will be clear... in any case, the finishing blow to his stack was dealt by McConnon with - Mallu was clearly in no mind to sit and patiently grind through the day - he'd had 100k and by god he was going to have it again or bust trying... his final hand was two hearts which failed to conquer the Ladies.

Pictured: McConnon in hat flanked by Peter Wood and Dan Carter.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2008, 02:44:55 PM »

sorry i dont have his number can any1 ask him if it s ok to confirm please?

Sorry couldn't get your message to Neil - he's now busto and the pace here has been pretty frantic.  If I stop typing for even a minute, I will miss an exciting exit (like that made-up fact about sharks swimming or they suffocate I used to like so much).

But here's a picture of Mr. Sami - hope that's a bit of appeasement:

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2008, 02:50:20 PM »

In other news Pab hits 200k allegedly winning a big double up off Ali Mallu...more details as they arrive.

Go Pab!

Yes yes indeed, Pab is now our MONSTROUS CHIP LEADER!!!

I have no idea how this all came to pass, but I strolled over to his table to see him all in with A-K, A-9 in front of Ali Mallu and an entirely nine-free 8-J-3-T-4 board out in front of them. Mallu had over 100k after knocking out Richard Gryko, and thus Pab enjoys a full double up to around 200k, while Mallu dropped down to a mere 6k. He doubled through David Mcconnon a few hands later, but remains in some hot water with around 10 big blinds. Yikes.

MONSTROUS CHIP LEADER:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: