blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:08:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  stt help
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: stt help  (Read 16168 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2008, 01:11:02 PM »

So I've started playing a few stt's and it started out ok, I had a decent ROI, albeit on a very small sample,but things were looking good.

Then I started watching some CR vids and since, it's all gone wrong.  Orignally I decided to play such a few hands until late comp but the vids showed that I was playing too tight and missing out on value.  Sure enough, I opened up in the early stages and mid comp often had a healthy stack but not long after I seem to lose it all and I'm not sure why.     Perhaps I need to play the same for the first couple of levels, tighten up, then open up again later on?   I'm not talking a massive opening range early on, but I'd tend to fold small pairs etc instead of opening with a raise from time to time. 

Anyway, not sure what I'm after but it feels better to put it down.

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 01:15:57 PM »

what stacks do you tend to lose ur chips too? i always like attacking the mid stacks when 4-5 left in a 10 man SNG, these are the ones who tend to wait until they are then paid

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 01:23:34 PM »

I'm  more playing the cards, stuff like AK/AQ and being called by stupid small pairs.  Perhaps it's just variance.  I should look at who I'm attacking too though, perhaps there's something in that.  Little point shoving in to some equally as desperate as me I guess.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »

Post hands Silo, i think you are looking for a generic solution and there isn't one even for sngs.

Playing like a complete nit early in sngs will show a profit long term as long as you get your end game right. Fwiw i limp most pairs 99 and below as long as i have correct implied odds to call a standard raise to set mine. If it is folded to me in co/btn and i will open for a standard raise.

The mid game/end game in speeds/turbos is almost all push/fold based and sngwiz is what you want for that.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 06:57:30 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/?q=node/3448

http://blondepoker.com/?q=node/3498

http://blondepoker.com/?q=node/3523

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 07:39:05 PM »

E-mail me a couple of tournament historys is you like and I'll look through em and offer a comment or two.

Pick a couple of games where you finished 1st or 2nd and send em over.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:41:21 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 08:06:58 PM »

Cheers, I'll see if I can dig something out.

It's the ones where I don't cash I'm concerned about Wink  Mind, it's obviously those that I'm perhaps getting lucky with.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 08:11:16 PM »

It's just so I can see a sample of all stages of the game is all.

I'm still very much a student of the game myself, but I may be able to point out any obvious leaks.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 08:15:11 PM »

Cheers Tank, I appreciate that.  Would uploading them to the Cardrunners replayer be easier?  Are you a member?

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 08:40:48 PM »

Doh!  I've recently got a new computer and just realised that I didn't have the Save Hand Histories locally box ticked on Tilt so I don't actually have any at the moment.   I may be able to get some of my old computer but I may just play some more and ship them over if that's ok?  May take a couple of days but I'd definatley like to take up your kind offer.

Now I just need to win one !!

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 08:42:55 PM »

Just the text file is cool as I can pop em through the popopop replayer. That's best for me as I know how to use all the popopop jizz.

I'm not currently a member of cardrunners.

Yeah, just play a few and ship em over whenever.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 08:43:19 PM »

Cool, will do thanks Smiley

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 09:32:13 PM »

Silo, what levels are you playing at currently?
If your still playing lowish than standard v tight early is probs the way to go. Just get the end game icm on the right lines.
I'm not a member, but i'm guessing that the CR vids are probably more useful against a better standard of player.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »

if silo and tank don't mind could we post the tournament histories and tank's comments here? would be useful to a lot of people

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 10:06:53 PM »

I'm only starting at the $5's on Tilt so I don't go busto too easily!  I'm getting there though, I watched the next in the CR vid section and it bought a few things together, mainly don't play the mid game the same as the start but Tank has kindly commented on one of my histories and it's been really useful.   

if silo and tank don't mind could we post the tournament histories and tank's comments here? would be useful to a lot of people

That's more down to Tank I'm afraid.  I have no problems, but then my end is just a tourney I didn't play that well.  I'm not sure that regular stt players will find it useful, there were several basic errors that I'm guilty of and hopefully it's helped erase those.

I don't want it sharing if you're all hitting the $5-$10 stt's though Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:08:35 PM by Silo Graham » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: