blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:30:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Brighton: Day 2
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Brighton: Day 2  (Read 63228 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2009, 09:25:41 PM »

The key thing here, disragarding Iwan's involvement, is should verbal declarations be binding? Under the current Grosvenor rules they are. Of course, verbal statements may be ambigous, in which case, they are not binding, e.g 'It's lilkely I will call', 'I might call', etc. 'I will call' or words to that specific effect that are unambiguous are taken as declarations of intent, and are therefore ruled to be binding under the current set of rules. Rules are not set in stone, they can be changed and the Grosvenor rules committee does listen to opinions of players when considering contentious issues like this. Rest assured it will be discussed at our next meeting and before then we will investigate the verbal declaration rules of other organisations and take on board the comments of players.

Evening Jonathan,

I agree rules are rules, and I think the rules you have mentioned are 100% correct, but why did the TD not enforce/apply the rules instead of another player. The point I am making that in all poker games there is banter at tables, which does not require the player to make a play based on anything said.

If there is a split pot and nobody notices I pipe up. Sometimes the guy who thought he won gets narked. But it is what it is imo. Should I just let the error ride and keep quiet cos I'm not in the hand?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2009, 09:31:43 PM »

Nathan Lee raises to 20k on the button. Gary Cooper decides it's High Noon again and pushes for an additional 49.9k. Keir Ratcliffe folds with a grimace. Lee also folds after a moments dwell despite trying to get some info from Cooper by trying to get him to call.

Cooper shows .

"Awww, no, I folded A-J!" says Ratclife.

jambo22

Me and my boys in Vegas for the 2007 main event

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2009, 09:31:52 PM »

The key thing here, disragarding Iwan's involvement, is should verbal declarations be binding? Under the current Grosvenor rules they are. Of course, verbal statements may be ambigous, in which case, they are not binding, e.g 'It's lilkely I will call', 'I might call', etc. 'I will call' or words to that specific effect that are unambiguous are taken as declarations of intent, and are therefore ruled to be binding under the current set of rules. Rules are not set in stone, they can be changed and the Grosvenor rules committee does listen to opinions of players when considering contentious issues like this. Rest assured it will be discussed at our next meeting and before then we will investigate the verbal declaration rules of other organisations and take on board the comments of players.

Evening Jonathan,

I agree rules are rules, and I think the rules you have mentioned are 100% correct, but why did the TD not enforce/apply the rules instead of another player. The point I am making that in all poker games there is banter at tables, which does not require the player to make a play based on anything said.

If there is a split pot and nobody notices I pipe up. Sometimes the guy who thought he won gets narked. But it is what it is imo. Should I just let the error ride and keep quiet cos I'm not in the hand?

I understand what your saying, but i think its completely diffrent. Cards speak, but when someone is heads up in a play I dint agree with interference.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »

Evening Jonathan,

The hand is over at this point. I'm talking about chat during the hand

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2009, 09:33:50 PM »

Hey Jon, well done for picking up the trophy at the European Poker Awards.

Talking about trophys, have they been scrapped for winners of GUKPT events this year?

The main events still have them, the side events have bottles of champagne according to Jon Raab.

bovie

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2009, 09:37:02 PM »

My veiw is, the three strongest t/d are marty wilson,barry monday,and jeff from the vic,and i dont think they would have ruled this way................. are you not allowed to tell lies these days ??
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2009, 09:38:53 PM »

Evening Jonathan,

I agree rules are rules, , but why did the TD not enforce/apply the rules instead of another player. The point I am making that in all poker games there is banter at tables, which does not require the player to make a play based on anything said.

Hi James,

It was the TD that made the ruling, not another player. The other player only called for the ruling.

There can still be banter at the tables as there are lots of ways to banter other than making false statements of intent. In this instance, it was not banter. Approaching the bubble in a £1,000 tournament is when things are getting serious.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2009, 09:42:46 PM »

An exit I missed earlier, Ian Frazer went out with A-J against James Sudworth's A-Q.

Chip counts about to come up.

jambo22

Me and my boys in Vegas for the 2007 main event

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2009, 09:45:55 PM »

Evening Jonathan,

I agree rules are rules, , but why did the TD not enforce/apply the rules instead of another player. The point I am making that in all poker games there is banter at tables, which does not require the player to make a play based on anything said.

Hi James,

It was the TD that made the ruling, not another player. The other player only called for the ruling.

There can still be banter at the tables as there are lots of ways to banter other than making false statements of intent. In this instance, it was not banter. Approaching the bubble in a £1,000 tournament is when things are getting serious.

I understood the TD made the decision. I just thougt if he was at the table why did another player ask for the ruling. I also appreciate these things are always harder to quantifiy if your not there.

Cheers

James
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:49:32 PM by jambo22 » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2009, 09:47:13 PM »

Andreas Hoivold raises to 16k. Bernard Litman calls.

two spades

Litman leads out for 15k.

"Have you got some of that?" asks Andreas.

"I have no idea," says Bernard.

Andreas calls.

Two Clubs

Bernard bets 30k, call. The pot is getting big.

Check from Bernard, Andreas bets a very small 35k. Bernard folds. Hoivold must be over 300k now.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2009, 09:48:21 PM »

Chip counts at the break, courtesy of BlueSquare.

Table   Seat   Player   End of Level 15
1   1   James Sudworth   170600
1   2   Kerry Taylor   227100
1   3   Nicholas Holbrook   268400
1   4   Michael Greco   63300
1   6   Richard Lewidon   122300
1   7   Nathan Lee   159700
1   8   Gary Cooper   76700
1   9   Keir Ratcliff   132000
2   1   Alan Trueick   41900
2   2   Bernard Litman   234600
2   3   Kjetil Naess   63700
2   4   Ramsey Arjam   116100
2   5   Andreas Hoivold   265600
2   6   Mohamed Muse   109500
2   7   Matt Perrins   144600
2   8   Craig Brignall   147300
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:00:43 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2009, 09:51:52 PM »

My veiw is, the three strongest t/d are Marty Wilson,barry monday,and jeff from the vic,and i dont think they would have ruled this way................. are you not allowed to tell lies these days ??

You are allowed to lie about the strength of you hand, but not when it comes to you betting intentions. In some places they even have a ridiculous rule that you can only lie about the strength of your hand and will penalised if you tell the truth.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2009, 09:53:13 PM »

In response to LeKnave's post - Lewindon is primarily a cash player on Crypto. Normally plays £1/2 to £2/5 (has played up to £25-50) but has been playing tournies on there and doing well lately. Name is Loser18.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2009, 09:54:46 PM »

Hey Jon, well done for picking up the trophy at the European Poker Awards.

Talking about trophys, have they been scrapped for winners of GUKPT events this year?

Thanks Sunny.

Sadly, there are only trophies for the main events this year. Bottles of Champagne for the winners of side events. Credit crunch excuse invoked.
tufat23

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 17, 2009, 09:55:20 PM »

i went to school with lewi and taught him everything i know about mtts, so hes a total killer in this game now. BEWARE
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: