blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 06:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272828 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  "Dusk till Dawn" Poker Club In Nottingham Diary (by Rob Yong)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Dusk till Dawn" Poker Club In Nottingham Diary (by Rob Yong)  (Read 449679 times)
Mr F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: March 22, 2006, 02:31:18 PM »

I didn't follow this thread at all when it started, to be honest it was so long by the time I noticed it it seemed like hard work to get into.  After the first bash i found some time and read the whole lot and awlays look out for it.  I've always been impressed by the honesty and Rob's attitued to the whole thing. 

I would be really dissapointed if it stopped as would the vast majority of Blondeites (I think).  But I can see your reasons and respect that.  I like the way you want to stick by your principles even though it would probably be more beneficial to go against them this one time.  Have to respect that.

"Love is better than a warm trombone"

"Table Tennis Rules, they're so confusing it's not played by fools"
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: March 22, 2006, 02:57:12 PM »

I have read each page of the story as it has unfolded, it has been a great journey so far.

2 questions

If you feel you cannot update on blonde, will you have a similar diary of progress on the DTD site that everyone could read?

Are you giving yourself 2 weeks off the project to go to the WSOP this year?

Good Luck however it goes and I am another that is looking forward to visiting it when it is open.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 22, 2006, 03:04:57 PM »

Fair enough Rob & I applaud your integrity. Sticking what you think is right rather than what you can 'get away with' shows that integrity.

I'm saddened as, like many blondeites, I find myself with an avid interest & even an emotional investment in the development of DTD.

Please think about continuing the diary on the DTD website as this isn't a new business to a lot of us, it's the work of some friends & we want to know how it's going.

PS I know I come across as a soppy big shite with that emotional guff, but to hell with it - I want to know what's going on 

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 22, 2006, 03:09:42 PM »

Having read the thread from the beginning and got more and more excited about the prospect of your poker paradise i will be a bit gutted not to know whats going on. But as said before you do what is right and it's fair enough.

Good luck with the rest and i can't wait till dtd opens.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: March 22, 2006, 03:36:29 PM »

Fair enough Rob & I applaud your integrity. Sticking what you think is right rather than what you can 'get away with' shows that integrity.

I'm saddened as, like many blondeites, I find myself with an avid interest & even an emotional investment in the development of DTD.

Please think about continuing the diary on the DTD website as this isn't a new business to a lot of us, it's the work of some friends & we want to know how it's going.

PS I know I come across as a soppy big shite with that emotional guff, but to hell with it - I want to know what's going on 

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: March 22, 2006, 03:50:01 PM »

Rob,
If your are going to stop posting about DTD, please start a blog, its a must read ive followed this thread from day 1.
We are going to be left in the dark if not.

Cheers

Jason

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 22, 2006, 04:54:31 PM »

Rob,
If your are going to stop posting about DTD, please start a blog, its a must read ive followed this thread from day 1.
We are going to be left in the dark if not.

Cheers

Jason

It is not the answer pulling people away from this Forum to read a fellow Blondeites diary regarding a pokerroom.
I think Blonde can Benefit from the  DTD dairy by attracting people to the Forum as the only place to read about
it.

Regards

M
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 22, 2006, 05:12:13 PM »

I personally hope DC or Tikay intervenes and insists you keep going with this. this forum is a place to exchange important iformation. DTD in no way effects my decision weither or not to use Blondepokerleague. we all hold accounts with lots of companys anyway. DTD nor Blondepokerleague are likely to become my exclusive place to play.

don't stop this thread mate
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: March 22, 2006, 05:17:04 PM »

I agree M and Adam, but from what I know about Rob he goes with his instincts (only got that idea about him from his posts on here) so if he says hes going to do something he probably will.
Im sure Tikay and El would not want this thread to end as im sure it benefits both parties too.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: March 22, 2006, 05:17:45 PM »

1. Not sure if going to WSOP this year, the fields were so huge, after 8 hours you look round and still have 800 runners to get through! Plus I'm not sure whether I can spare the time. I would say its 50:50 at moment.

2. I dont think I'll do a blog, but we will launch the DTD web site (when it eventually gets done!) we'll put on some pictures of the progress of the refit.

3. At the moment we have no plans to do a forum style site, just information based, so maybe a detailed interactive type diary like on BP is not really possible, and I'd rather stay away from forums as BP fullfills this purpose more than effectively. We will have a standard news section on the site where people can keep up to date on how things are going.

4. If anyone has any questions about DTD feel free to PM me through BP, I reply to every message as people know.

I'm sorry that some of you feel this way about me stopping the diary on BP, but I hope you appreciate my reasons. TK and DC are good friends of mine and I know they would not mind me continuing, but I'm not comfortable marketing DTD on the back of another site's success as I already mentioned.

Please don't feel like I don't want everyone on BP informed or can't be bothered to keep doing the diary, I just think DTD should promote itself and not free roll on BP. The exposure that DTD has had is amazing, and I know that a large % of this is due to BP. However, the next 6 months of marketing are even more key, and I feel we should do it entirely off our own back.

We had a number of approaches frrom 3rd party organisations in Poker to get involved with DTD and turned them all down, we want to remain totally independant and do everything in house. One online site even offered to buy all our poker tables, chips etc if they could have there logo on them but we said no. It's a somewhat strange mentality to do business but it does sort of work for me in the long run. If DTD is to be a success then we make that happen ourselves, whilst getting on really well with as many other people/organisation involved in poker.

See some of you at Vic at weekend.

Rob

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 05:22:08 PM by robyong » Logged
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 22, 2006, 05:47:07 PM »

perhaps if Blonde are too generous to take money from DTD and Rob is too consciensious to write on here for free another solution can be found.
How about DTD throws the occassional $500 freeroll via blondepokerleague.com that way Blonde gets the players onto the site, Rob gets to pay a fair price to advertise to Blonde members and we get a free tourney and and we get to keep the DTD diary thread going.
poker_biker

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 22, 2006, 06:43:25 PM »

I completely understand what you are saying Rob and of course it is your decision.

As an alternative, how about a DTD blog on the DTD website when you get it up and running. That would keep those of us that are interested in developments informed on progress and would be entirely independant of BP.

Carl

ooops Posted this without reading to bottom of thread. Good luck with the venture Rob.  I'll be logging in as soon as the DTD website is up and running.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 06:49:58 PM by poker_biker » Logged
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 28, 2006, 05:20:31 PM »

Just wondering if you had second thoughts Rob regarding reporting  the live aspect of DTD.

Fixture and fittings etc

Regards

M

SKA Dealer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: March 31, 2006, 02:38:13 PM »

Quality. I've kept up reading this thread since it's beginning. Shame the updates will come to an end but can totally understand the reasoning behind it.

As for doing everything in-house, that's even better. Don't sell your soul to these monsters!!! DTD will be 10 times the poker club for it and you know it!

Good luck with the venture, I'll try and stay up to date with everything from Canada. No doubt I'll swing by in 2007 to see this place with my own eyes.

Scott

"Know religion, no peace.
 No religion, know peace."
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: April 02, 2006, 11:05:49 PM »

SKA, T do hope you swing by as Nightfly thinks you are working there!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: