blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:52:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde, going forward.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde, going forward.  (Read 36002 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »

People just won't pay for updates, everyone here is saying 'i would chip in' etc but it just won't happen, in all honesty why would someone pay when they can get better content elsewhere for free?

"better content"?

Where exactly?

I was referring to the live AWOP feed, almost every other site also does faster updates on top of little gimmicks to present this information to the reader.

Blonde's updaters are the best, of that i have no doubt.

The simple truth of the matter is those in charge got complacent when blonde owned the update stage, if you look at an update now to one 3 years ago there has been just 1 single innovation (the tournament clock) this has allowed other sites to come and take nearly all of blondes market share, there is no point dwelling on the past though, it can't be fixed, however if they are going to make a return they have to be done a lot better.

I disagree massively.

The lack of all the gimmicks and gizmos ADDS to the sense of community. Less is more imo.

When a Blondite is going deep in a big tournament, the feeling of community and support is overwhelming. Nothing like it on any other site.

Do we really need a video of Marc Goodwin saying how he did in the first two levels to improve it?

No but it would be nice too see a list of updated chip counts on a separate page, or a list of payouts etc

Or a video showing the action from the table so if i wish i can see the hand for myself rather than waiting for the picture of the cat first.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »

People just won't pay for updates, everyone here is saying 'i would chip in' etc but it just won't happen, in all honesty why would someone pay when they can get better content elsewhere for free?

"better content"?

Where exactly?

I was referring to the live AWOP feed, almost every other site also does faster updates on top of little gimmicks to present this information to the reader.

The simple truth of the matter is those in charge got complacent when blonde owned the update stage, if you look at an update now to one 3 years ago there has been just 1 single innovation (the tournament clock) this has allowed other sites to come and take nearly all of blondes market share, there is no point dwelling on the past though, it can't be fixed, however if they are going to make a return they have to be done a lot better.

fair enough i see what you're saying mate. Aren't blonde concerned they may lose a hellova lot of traffic to the likes of awop as they will now be the only updators at walsall in a few weeks? I wont be in the country but surely many who would normally tune in on here will now watch the live feed and their updates instead. If this means loyal blonde followers now get used to using another source for their updates (and even tikay and tighty have admitted awop is a better business model who know how to get the most from their traffic). Surely it is bad practice to force (and they will be forced if they cant see updates here) loyal customers to a competitor?

ariston

better lucky than good
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2009, 08:08:42 PM »

"better content"?

Where exactly?

fair enough i see what you're saying mate. Aren't blonde concerned they may lose a hellova lot of traffic to the likes of awop as they will now be the only updators at walsall in a few weeks? I wont be in the country but surely many who would normally tune in on here will now watch the live feed and their updates instead. If this means loyal blonde followers now get used to using another source for their updates (and even tikay and tighty have admitted awop is a better business model who know how to get the most from their traffic). Surely it is bad practice to force (and they will be forced if they cant see updates here) loyal customers to a competitor?

From what was said earlier it sounded to me Blonde may be doing some voluntary updates in the interim.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2009, 08:09:26 PM »

Surely it is bad practice to force (and they will be forced if they cant see updates here) loyal customers to a competitor?

They are not customers....they are community members, i can't see the members not posting on here any more, what is more likely is someone sets up a mini sweat thread on here and then we get people posting how the regular blonde players are doing in Walsall.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:17 PM »

I watched the live updates on AWOP of the GUKPT for the video footage and read the updates on Blonde not awop. I  think it all comes back to money, I don't think Blonde has/had the budget for It innovation. The business model just doesn't give them the income that awop has.

FTR although i enjoyed the awop live streaming it wouldn't make me want to play on their site so if that was their intention it failed over here.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2009, 08:12:04 PM »

There is a blonde comp starting at 8.30

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=39852.0

dont miss out.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2009, 08:13:01 PM »

I agree with Flushy- AWOP are doing more innovative updates at the mo and as much as I love the write ups on blonde sometimes I just want to know someone's chip count and this tends to be quicker on AWOP than blonde.

Saying that blonde's write ups are more enjoyable and accurate and the likes up snoops, noflops, jen etc etc are very good journalists.

I also agree that altho a loyal few would pay for them- the casual reader will go somewhere for free than contribute for updates

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2009, 08:15:46 PM »

Surely it is bad practice to force (and they will be forced if they cant see updates here) loyal customers to a competitor?

They are not customers....they are community members, i can't see the members not posting on here any more, what is more likely is someone sets up a mini sweat thread on here and then we get people posting how the regular blonde players are doing in Walsall.

and as long as a business sees people as a community and not potential customers then its deamed to fail. maybe awop succeeds because it treats its members as both a community but also customers? Ive not even seen the awop updates yet but as so many of you are watching them i will give them a try.

ariston

better lucky than good
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2009, 08:17:57 PM »

and as long as a business sees people as a community and not potential customers then its deamed to fail. maybe awop succeeds because it treats its members as both a community but also customers? Ive not even seen the awop updates yet but as so many of you are watching them i will give them a try.

But before you do why not open up a blonde account... Wink  If you don't want to play yourself you can tutor/sponsor me if you like....
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2009, 08:21:19 PM »

"better content"?

Where exactly?

I disagree massively.

The lack of all the gimmicks and gizmos ADDS to the sense of community. Less is more imo.

When a Blondite is going deep in a big tournament, the feeling of community and support is overwhelming. Nothing like it on any other site.

Do we really need a video of Marc Goodwin saying how he did in the first two levels to improve it?

IMO I have always felt that that the members can contribute/interact has been a big plus to the updates. I have viewed other sites when Blonde havent covered an event, and while the sites i have visited have been very good at the news they distribute its not quite the same.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2009, 08:27:28 PM »

I am rather sad to hear that but understand.

The updates are an important part of blonde but some events (like the EPT) I just don't give a crap about..unless a blonde runs deep in one.
A big bunch of no names at the EPT or WSOP holds no interest to me, so I stopped reading them.

The DTD 300 however I love to read...and I shall miss that....a lot.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2009, 08:29:22 PM »

The updates are an important part of blonde but some events (like the EPT) I just don't give a crap about..unless a blonde runs deep in one.
A big bunch of no names at the EPT or WSOP holds no interest to me, so I stopped reading them.

Hopefully this hiatus is for the short term Mr Bolidie.
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2009, 08:39:45 PM »

rather than waiting for the picture of the cat first.

lol excellent

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2009, 08:39:57 PM »

You won't miss it if we still do it. And we might.

Remember Obama's words.  YES WE CAN.

I never said they were dead. I explained the whole scenario, carefully.

We hope to restore them, if we can do it in a financially responsible manner.

At the moment, we have more pressing needs for our Cash. Tomorrow, or next week, who knows?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2009, 08:49:58 PM »

It's a sad thing to read but I'm finding myself agreeing with a lot of what Ariston and Flushy are saying, certainly from a business point of view.   The missing money from PT obviously didn't help, but Tikay has said that even with that it wouldn't solve the problem, so what will solve the problem is the question?   Is it not an option for the shareholders to invest more in to their business while their share holdings are worth a reasonable amount?  Without some investment things don't look too good, but even with it, what's going to change to stop blonde being back in this situation in a few months time?   Asking people to pay for the updates is putting a plaster over a gaping wound in my opinion.

I do hope you get things sorted, I'd be gutted if the place was go close.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: