blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:40:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde, going forward.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde, going forward.  (Read 35995 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2009, 09:24:15 PM »

Did the link up with Poker Player Magazine not have any benefit to blonde?

Apart from articles no

Three people used it to sign up

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2009, 09:25:14 PM »

Separately from the updates, I reckon people will notice the lack of results/info/galleries in about a week or so - these pages consistently got excellent hits and are possibly a less visible, but more important loss that departs with the beagle.

the results are ongoing and updated daily, I've been doing most of it for nine months, now Laxie has taken it on

My eyes are open wide
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2009, 09:28:16 PM »

The number of times I have shared a bed with Floppy makes me shudder (no offence, man, I'm certain you feel the same way about sharing with me Wink ).

That's ok, girls in my bed are usually shuddering for other reasons. Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2009, 09:29:30 PM »

I will also write a few articles for the Home Page, until, hopefully, we have snoops back on board. tikay style, not snoops style, I'm afraid.

Sadly, Results Service apart, Home Page traffic has always been very light. No idea why, as snoops writes beautifully.

Err, yo.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2009, 09:30:00 PM »

Separately from the updates, I reckon people will notice the lack of results/info/galleries in about a week or so - these pages consistently got excellent hits and are possibly a less visible, but more important loss that departs with the beagle.

the results are ongoing and updated daily, I've been doing most of it for nine months, now Laxie has taken it on

Except that I've not been able to get onto that part of the site since this morning for some tech reason, which I'm sure Bongo will help with when he gets a chance.   Grin

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2009, 09:31:13 PM »

The number of times I have shared a bed with Floppy makes me shudder (no offence, man, I'm certain you feel the same way about sharing with me Wink ).

That's ok, girls in my bed are usually shuddering for other reasons. Smiley

you've nicked the duvet?
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2009, 09:31:30 PM »

Wondered why my Luton result wasnt there Wink

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2009, 09:31:32 PM »

Thanks very much - I wasn't aware of that.  Incidentally, blondepedia comes up top when googling UK players a surprising amount, and that would definitely be a good thing not to let slide if Snoops is stopping updating that.  It always gave me a warm glow inside when a poker-related search came up with a link to something on blonde, and I hope that will still keep happening.

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2009, 09:32:46 PM »

I've slept with a few dogs in my time but even I would draw the line at sharing a bed with Snoopy  Wink

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2009, 09:33:10 PM »

It sucks that you have to take these measures, but if it's what has to be done, then so be it...

Feel bad for Snoopy and Floppy but I'm sure they understand.

I don't see why Blonde can't survive without the updates, although they are cool they certainly aren't a main reason I spend time on here...

Sorry, I'm reading through this thread slowly and periodically commenting as I see fit.

The problem is, it's not just the updates that are going.

I know that the forum is what all the regulars love most about blonde, but how do new members find blonde? Blonde is incredibly, impressively Google-able. When I have searched pretty much anything European-poker-related when writing articles and so on for other sites, blonde has come up on the first page of search results. If you google my name, the first thing you get is my Myspace page, and the second thing you get is my Blondepedia page. That's awesome. Getting this kind of visibility for a site requires a massive amount of maintenance work putting up articles at least once a day, badgering people for interviews and such, and being frankly anally retentive with the thoroughness of the results page, and with Snoopy gone it will all vanish in a matter of months. If people can't easily stumble on to blonde, there will be no new sign ups. The photo galleries will no longer magically appear on the site, because Snoopy spent endless tedious hours putting up all the photos, one by one. Although with no updates, there won't be any new photos anyway.

The forum will of course not be affected immediately, but keeping this visibility up is incredibly important. If the visibility goes, the forum can do nothing but stagnate. If people can't find blonde, they won't sign up to blonde.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2009, 09:34:05 PM »

Thanks very much - I wasn't aware of that.  Incidentally, blondepedia comes up top when googling UK players a surprising amount, and that would definitely be a good thing not to let slide if Snoops is stopping updating that.  It always gave me a warm glow inside when a poker-related search came up with a link to something on blonde, and I hope that will still keep happening.

I agree with you

I am speaking to Snoops about blondepedia, and have offered to keep it active in the short term. Ideally of course he'll be back to continue to strengthen it as its hsi tour de force

My eyes are open wide
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2009, 09:35:20 PM »

It sucks that you have to take these measures, but if it's what has to be done, then so be it...

Feel bad for Snoopy and Floppy but I'm sure they understand.

I don't see why Blonde can't survive without the updates, although they are cool they certainly aren't a main reason I spend time on here...

Sorry, I'm reading through this thread slowly and periodically commenting as I see fit.

The problem is, it's not just the updates that are going.

I know that the forum is what all the regulars love most about blonde, but how do new members find blonde? Blonde is incredibly, impressively Google-able. When I have searched pretty much anything European-poker-related when writing articles and so on for other sites, blonde has come up on the first page of search results. If you google my name, the first thing you get is my Myspace page, and the second thing you get is my Blondepedia page. That's awesome. Getting this kind of visibility for a site requires a massive amount of maintenance work putting up articles at least once a day, badgering people for interviews and such, and being frankly anally retentive with the thoroughness of the results page, and with Snoopy gone it will all vanish in a matter of months. If people can't easily stumble on to blonde, there will be no new sign ups. The photo galleries will no longer magically appear on the site, because Snoopy spent endless tedious hours putting up all the photos, one by one. Although with no updates, there won't be any new photos anyway.

The forum will of course not be affected immediately, but keeping this visibility up is incredibly important. If the visibility goes, the forum can do nothing but stagnate. If people can't find blonde, they won't sign up to blonde.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you Dana but I don't think there was any other choice at this time. i think everyones hoping this is just temporary.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2009, 09:39:25 PM »

different people keep throwing in the fact you wont go down the route of trillion.

sorry but this stinks of the old government trick of throwing in bad news when there is a big disaster going on. Just because you didnt want to screw people over and practise bad business shouldnt mean we applaud you.

the fact that tighty is the one who is suffering more than anyone is perhaps the fact that a bad business model is being run. If tighty is the one running the business then its only right he should be the one who suffers??? Im sorry if this seems harsh but in the current economic climate if more ceo's or mds suffered down to their bad business sense then maybe things would be better run all round.

before anyone assumes i am attacking tighty here i say it as i see it. I warned plenty of people about trillion and they didnt listen. When other things have seemed strange i have never minded saying what a lot of people though but didnt dare say. i was once banned from here over something and nothing but allowed back on. almost a year later i was attacked personally by a couple of well known blonde members and even the "boss" attacked me himself and made some very personal claims against me. After I asked by pm wtf was going on the thread was quickly removed and swept under the carpet. Even back then I thought what sort of man is this to be running a site. I will probably be banned again for saying this but where so many of you think tighty is the glue that holds the site together I think you have been sniffing it. I am allowed my opinion on this even though it will be probably be removed quite quickly.  

ariston

better lucky than good
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2009, 09:40:51 PM »

different people keep throwing in the fact you wont go down the route of trillion.

sorry but this stinks of the old government trick of throwing in bad news when there is a big disaster going on. Just because you didnt want to screw people over and practise bad business shouldnt mean we applaud you.

the fact that tighty is the one who is suffering more than anyone is perhaps the fact that a bad business model is being run. If tighty is the one running the business then its only right he should be the one who suffers??? Im sorry if this seems harsh but in the current economic climate if more ceo's or mds suffered down to their bad business sense then maybe things would be better run all round.

before anyone assumes i am attacking tighty here i say it as i see it. I warned plenty of people about trillion and they didnt listen. When other things have seemed strange i have never minded saying what a lot of people though but didnt dare say. i was once banned from here over something and nothing but allowed back on. almost a year later i was attacked personally by a couple of well known blonde members and even the "boss" attacked me himself and made some very personal claims against me. After I asked by pm wtf was going on the thread was quickly removed and swept under the carpet. Even back then I thought what sort of man is this to be running a site. I will probably be banned again for saying this but where so many of you think tighty is the glue that holds the site together I think you have been sniffing it. I am allowed my opinion on this even though it will be probably be removed quite quickly.  

no no lets keep your views up for all to see.

My eyes are open wide
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2009, 09:41:28 PM »

In the meantime, without Snoopy, there are volunteers for galleries and other parts that need updating (snoopy knows that I have offered to sort the galleries,  previously)

Like it has been said time and time again, hopefully this is a temp solution.

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: