blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:25:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273055 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Clarkson did it again but what's wrong with the Beeb?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clarkson did it again but what's wrong with the Beeb?  (Read 13883 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2009, 08:41:05 PM »

Interesting thing in the Times today.

Mr Cameron has said that "If I were to be prime minister I'd try to make devolution work and work closely with the devolved governments".

Mr Salmonds reply" The Scottish people will never forget what 18 years of Tory rule has brought them"

GG WP Salmond, you giant giant tool.

Salmond hasn't met Brown in the past year (though they have spoken over the phone) so he's not working well with Labour down south and is already throwing his toys out of the pram just in case Cameron gets elected. Very mature and it only re-enforces my belief that Scotland doesn't have 1st class politicians. Your prime minister lives 13 years in the past...what chance have you got as an independent nation?

Excellent.

Showing a bit of love to get what you want is obv a strat with too many meta levels for Salmond.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2009, 12:00:11 AM »

for the pasrt 10 years we have the best scotish politiians running the UK and guess what they are no better than the best england had to offer

Really?  Who are these best politicians that you speak of?

Gordon Brown hahaha
Ali Darling lol
John Reid - murdering bassa!! 
Douglas Alexander - nh gg wp.  I do everything that Uncle Gordon tells me.

Who else would you consider to be in their?

The best Scottish MP's in the Labour Party got nowhere near powers of position.

you just answered my question

dont forget blair who is scottish by birth

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2009, 11:26:07 AM »

Interesting thing in the Times today.

Mr Cameron has said that "If I were to be prime minister I'd try to make devolution work and work closely with the devolved governments".

Mr Salmonds reply" The Scottish people will never forget what 18 years of Tory rule has brought them"

GG WP Salmond, you giant giant tool.

Salmond hasn't met Brown in the past year (though they have spoken over the phone) so he's not working well with Labour down south and is already throwing his toys out of the pram just in case Cameron gets elected. Very mature and it only re-enforces my belief that Scotland doesn't have 1st class politicians. Your prime minister lives 13 years in the past...what chance have you got as an independent nation?

Excellent.

Showing a bit of love to get what you want is obv a strat with too many meta levels for Salmond.

First point if that's as the Times reports it then someone's at it. The rest of Cameron's quote was along the lines of he'd do anything in his power to prevent Scottish Independance. Puts Salmond's reply in a totally different light no?

And remembering Thatcher & the destruction of major industry in Scotland isn't living in the past - because it's affecting our present. Hence the smug "Scotland's got no industry, how would you survive" comments.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2009, 11:28:48 AM »

for the pasrt 10 years we have the best scotish politiians running the UK and guess what they are no better than the best england had to offer

Gordon Brown hahaha
Ali Darling lol

Sad line of debate Iron. You advocate staying under the rule of a country who couldn't put up anyone better?  idiot

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2009, 04:56:59 PM »

The rest of Cameron's quote was along the lines of he'd do anything in his power to prevent Scottish Independance. Puts Salmond's reply in a totally different light no?

No, not really buddy. How does Salmond's comment/attitude about the Tories previous regime get today's Scotland closer to independence? It just doesn't. So why say it? A politician with class would pursuit a strat that gets him closer to his country's ultimate goal in spite of history and his own angst about it. Your defence is because Cameron said x Salmond can retaliate in kind and it's ok. That's like saying Prescott was ok to lamp the egg-thrower because the egg-thrower started it. Maybe he was, but he still looked like a bumbling idiot throwing his wild punches at people rather than a politician with dignity and purpose.

Yes, history affects the present but we're debating the future. The future is determined by the present so why dredge up the past at any opportunity just cos of what Cameron or anyone else says? A politician looking forward into the light rather than back to the dark would have class. The world is changing, as we have seen in America, so hanging onto the past is just restricting his own country's progress imo and clearly shows the guy is either bitter or stupid.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2009, 05:08:27 PM »

The rest of Cameron's quote was along the lines of he'd do anything in his power to prevent Scottish Independance. Puts Salmond's reply in a totally different light no?

No, not really buddy. How does Salmond's comment/attitude about the Tories previous regime get today's Scotland closer to independence? It just doesn't. So why say it? A politician with class would pursuit a strat that gets him closer to his country's ultimate goal in spite of history and his own angst about it. Your defence is because Cameron said x Salmond can retaliate in kind and it's ok. That's like saying Prescott was ok to lamp the egg-thrower because the egg-thrower started it. Maybe he was, but he still looked like a bumbling idiot throwing his wild punches at people rather than a politician with dignity and purpose.

Yes, history affects the present but we're debating the future. The future is determined by the present so why dredge up the past at any opportunity just cos of what Cameron or anyone else says? A politician looking forward into the light rather than back to the dark would have class. The world is changing, as we have seen in America, so hanging onto the past is just restricting his own country's progress imo and clearly shows the guy is either bitter or stupid.

Debating the future is OK when you can control your own future. Personally I find the desire from politicians to whitewash what's been done wrong in the past to be totally lacking in class, but hey you're allowed your own view as am I.

My point still stands, the Times tried to make Salmond out to be a churlish Scots rebel snapping at the hand of friendship using misleading quotes & some have bought it. Instead he was rightly warning that the party that so abused Scotland (to the point of breaking the law of the Union), hasn't changed its' spots, and that there's plenty with a long enough memory not to blythely vote them in because of a few weasel words.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2009, 05:47:29 PM »

I dunno buddy. Nelson Mandela put up with a lot of shit didn't he? I would suggest that his country's attitude to black people trumped the English attitude to Scots, and he also did a long stretch inside for pratically nothing. When he came out he didn't snipe or incite hatred he just carried himself with dignity and class. And South Africa moved forward.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2009, 05:50:52 PM »

Gordon Brown hahaha
Ali Darling lol

Sad line of debate Iron. You advocate staying under the rule of a country who couldn't put up anyone better?  idiot

no i am advocating that if this is the best scotland can produce then we are in a right hole look what they have done to the UK

but my main arguement is that since the 70s scotland was handing over its cast revenues to the south of england which has profited at scotlands expense, now scotland has nothing england is having to support us using the barnet formula scotland hasnt had it so good compared to england, lets get scotland moving again BEFORE we cut the ties and go it alone. the time for independace is not now it was 30 years ago and sometime in the future but this is the wrong time.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2009, 06:02:50 PM »

I dunno buddy. Nelson Mandela put up with a lot of shit didn't he? I would suggest that his country's attitude to black people trumped the English attitude to Scots, and he also did a long stretch inside for pratically nothing. When he came out he didn't snipe or incite hatred he just carried himself with dignity and class. And South Africa moved forward.

Mandela's statement on his release.....

Our resort to the armed struggle in 1960 with the formation of the military wing of the ANC (Umkhonto we Sizwe) was a purely defensive action against the violence of apartheid. The factors which necessitated the armed struggle still exist today. We have no option but to continue. We express the hope that a climate conducive to a negotiated settlement would be created soon, so that there may no longer be the need for the armed struggle.

Doesn't come across as let's forget what has happened and go skipping through the tulips hand in hand to me. He did a while later call for an end to the armed struggle just in time for the free elections. His work in enabling the Truth and Reconcilliation Commission is highly commendable of course, a setup I think should be brought to Northern Ireland once the ceasefire is fully implemented IMHO.

Still doesn't seem like a 'lets all forget the past' argument to me.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 06:05:56 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2009, 06:04:31 PM »

Gordon Brown hahaha
Ali Darling lol

no i am advocating that if this is the best scotland can produce then we are in a right hole look what they have done to the UK

but my main arguement is that since the 70s scotland was handing over its cast revenues to the south of england which has profited at scotlands expense, now scotland has nothing england is having to support us using the barnet formula scotland hasnt had it so good compared to england, lets get scotland moving again BEFORE we cut the ties and go it alone. the time for independace is not now it was 30 years ago and sometime in the future but this is the wrong time.

How will Scotland get moving under a British Government then? And by the way the governemnt that LIED about Scotland's ability to be self-sifficient in the 70's is the same party casting doubt on everything now. Fool me once, fool on me???

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »

blonde referendum on whether the scots should have their own forum imo

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2009, 06:10:23 PM »

the mistake they are making now is no-one is leading a massive pro union campaign that there was in the 70s, because the major partys in the UK know they would be better off without scotland ATM, when scotland is ready to go it alone you watch as the tories and labour kick off with big adverts with how scotland is better off in the union, and the people will have forgot the last 30 years and fall for it again

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2009, 06:23:10 PM »

I would love to have the power to grant Scotland independence ...

blondes could quite easily form the Scottish government ...

Fergus for Chancellor OBV.
Ironside for Education minister
Ecosse for Foreign Secretary

Im sure you guys can come up with some others Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2009, 06:37:48 PM »

I would love to have the power to grant Scotland independence ...

blondes could quite easily form the Scottish government ...

Ironside for Education minister

i am highly educated tyvm i just cant type or spealt

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2009, 07:27:07 PM »

We express the hope that a climate conducive to a negotiated settlement would be created soon

That would have been a much classier response to Cameron's comments imo.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 07:29:39 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: