blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:18:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 - Day 1
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 - Day 1  (Read 35365 times)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2009, 01:59:08 AM »

cracking updates, thanks guys 'n girls...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2009, 02:03:00 AM »

Tom Rutter has a small 7k dent in his stack after calling a reraise all-in with against the of Jeremy Betts.

Tim Blakes is out. A-J no good versus the limp/call of Q-9.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2009, 02:13:32 AM »

Bit of a turn up for the books.

After the last half hour break, Jonathan Pudney who is seat 1 on table 68, came back only to find his stack completely missing. Yes, that's right he had no chips! Fortunately there was a chip count at the break so they've been able to replace his 6k or 7k and they're now reviewing security camera footage as to how Pudney's chips went missing. Tim Blake pointed to his 4k and said, "Obvious culprit here!"

More news as we get it.

Tim Blake has a theory on what happened here. He said that Chris Gavriel knocking out two players with A-A vs Q-Q vs 7-7 was the last hand before the break and what may have happened is that the dealer has accidentally raked across Pudney's chips at the same time over to Gavriel's stack. Pudney was in Seat 1, while the two players who went out were in Seats 2 and 3. The area of the table is actually in a bit of a blind spot so it's hard to see on camera. Although Tim's idea is speculation, it seems to fit as probably being the most reasonable explanation to me. It's pretty doubtful that anyone would ever risk trying to do something underhand here with cameras everywhere.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2009, 02:13:37 AM »

Triple all-in! 

John Stritch gets the in position on a short stack who'd shoved with three diamonds and with a stack who covers both of them in the blinds only too happy to oblige with a call with .  Nothing straighty/flushy/over a Ten (or, er, between Deuce and Four) to scare Stritch and he claps his hands (just once, reservedly almost) and near-triples up, busting one player and putting Queens-caller Denison Ranson on life support with 4k.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2009, 02:17:53 AM »

Also OUT are Jed Tribe and Daniel Cochrane.  The latter moved all in for 3,425 after his neighbour had raised to 2,000.  There was no question of a fold - the only unknown turned out to be the small blind who really looked like he was on the verge of repopping it to isolate the all-in Cochrane... but didn't.  The big blind thought about it, but also passed, leaving the autocall for what turned out to be A-J.  Cochrane made that eye-rolling, half laugh half cry face as he flipped his A-T and that was all she wrote.

************************************* break and chip race ********************************************
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 02:22:31 AM by Djinn » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2009, 02:30:57 AM »

Red Dog nicked my hoodie.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2009, 02:31:36 AM »

Mad Turk says, "I am calling you!"

But he says that after he's moved in on a two spades flop; what he's referring to is preflop, when opponent Rab Bain says he should have re-raised.  "I am calling you!  I am gonna show you," he offers, while his opponent deliberates calling what looks like is going to be all-in himself or close. 

Finally, Bain passes.  He shows .  Mad Turk shows the , clearly not lying about being happy to call preflop, but having taken the shove initiative and run with it.

Yucel Eminoglu: Mad

Rab Bain:  Even-tempered

Incidentally, the trend for sort of half-woolly-hat-half-cap type headwear both baffles and intrigues me.  The part of me that likes my glow-in-the-dark gloves and Chris' hoody kind of wants one.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2009, 02:40:24 AM »

Just now someone left this important-looking piece of technology on the side of my office.  It was only for a matter of seconds, but the temptation to 'bust' a few choice players, give some ridiculous middle names and reorder the chip leaders with Chris at the top was almost too much for me to bear.  DTD.  I bet everyone has an iphone and a blackberry and one of those mini projectors that fit on your keyring too. 

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2009, 02:43:16 AM »

Chris gets Moore.

Chris Moore pushed all-in over the top of Ben Dobson's button raised, but was irked when he was quickly called.

Moore:

Dobson:

A little ray of light...

Removal of cloud cover?

Radiant sunbeams.

"They'll probably put that on blonde," says someone at the table.

Dammit, I need to work on my stealth technique. Perhaps I should get a cloaking device.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2009, 02:45:30 AM »

Just now someone left this important-looking piece of technology on the side of my office.  It was only for a matter of seconds, but the temptation to 'bust' a few choice players, give some ridiculous middle names and reorder the chip leaders with Chris at the top was almost too much for me to bear.

Now, no-one would find that funny, because it would be completely believable to everyone.

Geist

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2009, 02:51:53 AM »

Great updates as usual but off to bed now. Hope tomorrow not to  early a start for you.

If there 2 levels left then can see the field drop off a lot in the next hour or so.

The two sweetest words in the English language: de-fault!  De-fault!  De-fault!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2009, 02:57:41 AM »

Tom Rutter raises preflop from UTG and Ali Mallu calls in the big blind.

Check from Mallu, Tom bets 3k. Ali makes it 11k and Tom thinks before calling.

Before the dealer even puts out the turn, Ali moves all-in and Tom calls fairly sharpish.

Ali:

Tom:

on the river, and Ali Mallu is out, whereas Tom Rutter is up to 80k.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2009, 02:58:14 AM »

Gareth Compton just propelled himself into undoubtedly the chip leader spot after squaring off against hitherto unstoppable Chris Gavriel!

I noticed a 35k+ pot already brewed, the board all out and looking like:  two hearts .  Both players were chipped up, the leaders on the table, and although Gavriel covered everyone, he could be seriously dented by Compton.  "All in," he announces.  The table hushes as eventually an unhappy looking but not-going-anywhere Compton made the call for his tournament life with his Two Diamonds Two Clubs for the maisonette (small house).  Gavriel mucks and that adrenaline comedown ends with Compton just sort of babbling about the hand a bit, "Even if I'm beat, I have to call.. didn't like it...Have to call."  You know how you do.

When he calms down, he'll find that his 120k+ stack is definitely at the top of the pack now in level 9.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 03:01:04 AM by Djinn » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2009, 03:00:25 AM »

Bit of a turn up for the books.

After the last half hour break, Jonathan Pudney who is seat 1 on table 68, came back only to find his stack completely missing. Yes, that's right he had no chips! Fortunately there was a chip count at the break so they've been able to replace his 6k or 7k and they're now reviewing security camera footage as to how Pudney's chips went missing. Tim Blake pointed to his 4k and said, "Obvious culprit here!"

More news as we get it.

Tim Blake has a theory on what happened here. He said that Chris Gavriel knocking out two players with A-A vs Q-Q vs 7-7 was the last hand before the break and what may have happened is that the dealer has accidentally raked across Pudney's chips at the same time over to Gavriel's stack. Pudney was in Seat 1, while the two players who went out were in Seats 2 and 3. The area of the table is actually in a bit of a blind spot so it's hard to see on camera. Although Tim's idea is speculation, it seems to fit as probably being the most reasonable explanation to me. It's pretty doubtful that anyone would ever risk trying to do something underhand here with cameras everywhere.

This has been confirmed as what happened. Good to know that it was a honest mistake and nothing more. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 03:06:27 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2009, 03:04:35 AM »

Sidicki Mohangee races his aip against ... and wins with a satisfying straight flush after the board comes Two Diamonds .  Overkill on the river, but it looks nice Smiley  He's up to 20k now.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: