blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:26:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Manchester: Day 1A
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Manchester: Day 1A  (Read 60191 times)
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2009, 03:34:07 PM »

lol surely Steve must be joking, can't believe people are taking the bait
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2009, 03:34:12 PM »

Hmmm yeah I can see why.

AK has 3 outs. TT has two outs. Makes the decision so much easier imo.

HI HELEN!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2009, 03:36:48 PM »

Hmmm yeah I can see why.

AK has 3 outs. TT has two outs. Makes the decision so much easier imo.

Yeh but the ace always hit Rooks

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2009, 03:38:04 PM »

In the words of Rio Ferdinand i think we got merked.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »

In the words of Rio Ferdinand i think we got merked.

I think not.

An Ace does always come out tbf.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:40:56 PM by ChipRich » Logged

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2009, 03:41:02 PM »

think Steve is just trying to get everyone to 3 bet him when he has Kings.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »

I cant believe the negativity in some of the responces - perhaps this explains why you hear so many people at comps moaning, "that tosser had AJ - and you guessed it, the ace always comes" or "How can I lay down kings there - I know he's got ace fooking rag".

So, reverse the situation and say the sb has AK or ace/rag and I call effectively for my tournament and the ace comes down on the board, I was only in for 3500 and could quite easily have passed, I would have been the donk there - as well as being unlucky.

We should remember that we were playing for a first prize of just under £90k - I think if it had been a £50 freezeout with a £5k first prize then my reasoning may have differed here.

so you take more +ev lines in a 50f than a 1000f?

i think im the complete opposite.

do u srsly muck the KK if the guy accidently flips up A2o after shoving?

That late in the day and with just 3.5k in the pot, easy fold.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2009, 03:44:41 PM »

I cant believe the negativity in some of the responces - perhaps this explains why you hear so many people at comps moaning, "that tosser had AJ - and you guessed it, the ace always comes" or "How can I lay down kings there - I know he's got ace fooking rag".

So, reverse the situation and say the sb has AK or ace/rag and I call effectively for my tournament and the ace comes down on the board, I was only in for 3500 and could quite easily have passed, I would have been the donk there - as well as being unlucky.

We should remember that we were playing for a first prize of just under £90k - I think if it had been a £50 freezeout with a £5k first prize then my reasoning may have differed here.

Steve I know you're on the black belt programme- think this would be a great hand to discuss next week (read on the blog you're discussing hands in smaller groups)

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2009, 03:45:07 PM »

but surely that late in the day is the time to double up or go home?...better than coming in the next day and being out after 5 minutes.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2009, 03:46:27 PM »

but surely that late in the day is the time to double up or go home?...better than coming in the next day and being out after 5 minutes.

I was already above ave chips at this point - why risk it?

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2009, 03:48:21 PM »

errr, to move towards winning the torn and not just being above av?

avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: April 29, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »

In this situation, yes.

No one on the table had deliberated over a decision so you can take it that if he's got A/rag then there's a 99% chance there's 3 aces live.

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2009, 03:50:59 PM »

because KK looks like this:

how can you fold something that looks that heaven?!
avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: April 29, 2009, 03:51:14 PM »

think Steve is just trying to get everyone to 3 bet him when he has Kings.

lol, I wish.

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 29, 2009, 03:51:35 PM »

Steve I know you're on the black belt programme- think this would be a great hand to discuss next week (read on the blog you're discussing hands in smaller groups)

Whats to discuss?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: