blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:44:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Manchester: Day 1A
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Manchester: Day 1A  (Read 60410 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2009, 03:52:07 PM »

I was already above ave chips at this point - why risk it?

because KK looks like this:

how can you fold something that looks that heaven?!

best answer ever.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: April 29, 2009, 03:52:42 PM »

I cant believe the negativity in some of the responces - perhaps this explains why you hear so many people at comps moaning, "that tosser had AJ - and you guessed it, the ace always comes" or "How can I lay down kings there - I know he's got ace fooking rag".

So, reverse the situation and say the sb has AK or ace/rag and I call effectively for my tournament and the ace comes down on the board, I was only in for 3500 and could quite easily have passed, I would have been the donk there - as well as being unlucky.

We should remember that we were playing for a first prize of just under £90k - I think if it had been a £50 freezeout with a £5k first prize then my reasoning may have differed here.

so you take more +ev lines in a 50f than a 1000f?

i think im the complete opposite.

do u srsly muck the KK if the guy accidently flips up A2o after shoving?

That late in the day and with just 3.5k in the pot, easy fold.

Steve I know you're on the black belt programme- think this would be a great hand to discuss next week (read on the blog you're discussing hands in smaller groups)

I totally agree with you george.

maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2009, 03:53:05 PM »

haha
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 29, 2009, 03:53:58 PM »

I cant believe the negativity in some of the responces - perhaps this explains why you hear so many people at comps moaning, "that tosser had AJ - and you guessed it, the ace always comes" or "How can I lay down kings there - I know he's got ace fooking rag".

So, reverse the situation and say the sb has AK or ace/rag and I call effectively for my tournament and the ace comes down on the board, I was only in for 3500 and could quite easily have passed, I would have been the donk there - as well as being unlucky.

We should remember that we were playing for a first prize of just under £90k - I think if it had been a £50 freezeout with a £5k first prize then my reasoning may have differed here.

Steve I know you're on the black belt programme- think this would be a great hand to discuss next week (read on the blog you're discussing hands in smaller groups)

Whats to discuss?

Well not much obviously but think Steve would benefit from what others think of the hand.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2009, 03:54:39 PM »

fk that

Looks so much more incred....in green obv. [  ] would sure fold this hand also

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2009, 03:55:37 PM »

think Steve is just trying to get everyone to 3 bet him when he has Kings.

lol, I wish.

you sure do wish

you sure wudnt fold.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2009, 03:58:21 PM »

[  ] I didn't just stare at this for about 4 minutes thinking how truly beautiful it is

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2009, 04:00:49 PM »

[  ] I didn't just stare at this for about 4 minutes thinking how truly beautiful it is

hahaha

Ive sure stopped looking at it.

avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: April 29, 2009, 04:01:00 PM »

Whats to discuss?

Well not much obviously but think Steve would benefit from what others think of the hand.

I think the general consensus is that you all snap call in this insta if your putting your oppo on AK - oppo hits ace on turn -  then the thread would be full of your bad beat ramblings - when you had the option to fold p/f

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 29, 2009, 04:03:02 PM »

Whats to discuss?

I think the general consensus is that you all snap call in this insta if your putting your oppo on AK - oppo hits ace on turn -  then the thread would be full of your bad beat ramblings - when you had the option to fold p/f

What if a King comes on the river?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 29, 2009, 04:03:34 PM »

your defo not trying to turn this into a massive level

[  ] was a level originally

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 29, 2009, 04:13:04 PM »

Whats to discuss?

I can't tell whether you're being serious Steve?

@GreekStein on twitter.

avillan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: April 29, 2009, 04:33:05 PM »

Steve would you mind if i asked you about your thought process during some of these hands? Will obv wait till after you have finished with the tournament.

I made a couple of mistakes late on day2 at Walsall that effectivily cost me a bigger pay day and I didnt want to make the same mistake at the end of the day1 in Manchester, Now in most of your eyes, had oppo had AK and I fold KK pre then it's a bad lay down p/f, but on this ocasion it would have been the correct lay down with the ace coming on the turn... and there was no King on the river.

I was asked about my thought process while playing some of these hands, Now I have responded as honestly as I can - now, how you choose to play these hands out is entirely up to you as is your thought process.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 29, 2009, 04:41:52 PM »

Steve would you mind if i asked you about your thought process during some of these hands? Will obv wait till after you have finished with the tournament.

I made a couple of mistakes late on day2 at Walsall that effectivily cost me a bigger pay day and I didnt want to make the same mistake at the end of the day1 in Manchester, Now in most of your eyes, had oppo had AK and I fold KK pre then it's a bad lay down p/f, but on this ocasion it would have been the correct lay down with the ace coming on the turn... and there was no King on the river.

I was asked about my thought process while playing some of these hands, Now I have responded as honestly as I can - now, how you choose to play these hands out is entirely up to you as is your thought process.

Steve,

Your thinking is completely results orientated which is wrong. Whether or not the board came KK256 or AAA22 is irrelevant. You need to be making the play that is going to be +EV in the long run.

If I'm standing at a roulette wheel and I say to you 32 is going to come in now, if it comes in it's still and you backed it it's still a bad bet because long term what you are doing is going to lose you money.

I think this is what you aren't seeing in your play and what you should be.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 29, 2009, 04:49:51 PM »

definitely the most aesthetically pleasing starting hand in hold em

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: