blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:21:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Neil Channing announces Black Belt team LIVE on the Poker Show tonight
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Neil Channing announces Black Belt team LIVE on the Poker Show tonight  (Read 14767 times)
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2009, 03:31:33 AM »

Keith has it spot on.

I can't even sleep I'm so fucked off.

I've never gone at something so hard, and been so unrewarded

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2009, 03:33:17 AM »

Keith has it spot on.

I can't even sleep I'm so fucked off.

I've never gone at something so hard, and been so unrewarded

Unlucky James- I know Neil (Blatchley) was disappointed not to make blue either.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Rivertony

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2009, 03:42:23 AM »

WTF!! How can riverdave get nothing and i quit after Day 1 and i make a belt!! Mut Be Rigged

White Belt FTW!!!!!!!
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2009, 03:46:32 AM »

Cheers Rupinder,

It's taking the piss that I didn't get a blue. Admitedly I ballsed things up and didn't deserve a brown belt; but I travelled to London 5 times from Lincoln for this, I wrote blogs, articles, analysis, I was involved on the board, I did skype sessions, I played all my hours and even extra tables. I lost money cos I played the wrong games but from the outset they said profit was only a small factor.

The thing that really pisses me off was I nearly quit 2 weeks in cos I could see things were going badly and didn't think I had a shot at a brown belt so no point in continuing. But Neil told me if I stuck at it and kept contributing how I was, I was on for at least a blue belt, with a valid shot at a Brown belt.

Apologies for my rant, but when you put a month of your life into something (I was literally a recluse for the last 4 weeks), it's a real kick in the bollocks when they land this on you without any forewarning...

I talked to Jen and Neil since I found out but it obviously hasn't made me feel better. Disillusioned is a good word that Keith used. So is 'mug' as Flushy used.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2009, 03:58:20 AM »

Am I missing something - wouldn't the people who missed out be playing poker anyway so haven't 'lost' anything as such ?

sola virtus nobilitat
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2009, 04:03:54 AM »

Am I missing something - wouldn't the people who missed out be playing poker anyway so haven't 'lost' anything as such ?

Perhaps you don't realise how hard the grading was and the effort involved. I manage to play poker professionally without it taking over my whole life as it did the last month.

I gave up rakeback (which on $4.5k rake is obviously considerable) and the steady money that I usually make.

Your post is misguided because it doesn't consider the people playing lower than their usual stakes aspect of the grading either...

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:37:31 AM by MC » Logged

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2009, 04:09:36 AM »

You think I grind for 6 hours a day (table time only, this doesn't include writing time and everything else), 5 days a week continuously on a software that I hate for NO rakeback?!!!

No idea what you do but I assume that this opportunity to do what you've just done was +EV versus what you could have done.

sola virtus nobilitat
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2009, 04:17:39 AM »

Perhaps if I'd have shipped a bracelet!

2nd shot at hitting the hay, lets hope I don't come back and say more things I'll probably end up wishing I hadn't said 2moro!

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2009, 04:22:46 AM »

weeeee for Kev Allen we'l have to have 'finding triggs tooth, vegas edition'

ul to Alex, Atkin + Penly, it must suck Sad
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2009, 05:41:03 AM »

wp kids, really chuffed for the guys that got it, esp Kevin, Keysie, Sida.

also, im gonna forgive the twisted fk that rang me b4 the 8th phonecall from a private number. Not particularly funny at the time after grinding for nearly 200 hours. But thanks, i find it pretty funny now Tongue

Cheesy
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »

I know a few lads who were told they were definitely on course for Blue Belts and none got one so don't think it's just you that was a little misled James.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2009, 10:05:20 AM »

You think I grind for 6 hours a day (table time only, this doesn't include writing time and everything else), 5 days a week continuously on a software that I hate for NO rakeback?!!!

But wasn't that the gamble you were taking?
(i.e. you were all putting up your rake for the month with the winners prizes being (part?) funded by the proceeds).

jakally

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2009, 10:08:39 AM »

Incidentally I thought that Mr Channing was very impressive on the radio show last night.
One of those people who are very easy on the ear.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2009, 10:16:37 AM »

Incidentally I thought that Mr Channing was very impressive on the radio show last night.
One of those people who are very easy on the ear.

He was, but please god, will they invest some money on a sound engineer who could do the levels on the microphones so Jesse's laugh doesn't deafen everyone, and Padraigs mike needs turning up ... its a great format and I would listen a lot more than I do now if they could just sort the sound levels.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2009, 10:43:49 AM »

so when you get a belt, are you staked for the online cash or still just for live tournaments?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: