blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:47:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  1000th Post
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1000th Post  (Read 13369 times)
Girgy85

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2009, 10:23:24 PM »

So i have been a part of Blonde for for just over 15 months now and i have finally made my 1000th post. Most of my previous 999 post have been utter bollox but i am going to try and make this one of my better ones.

I have met a few of you around Leeds and DTD and hope to meet a lot more of you at BB8 this September.

I am a recreational player and play a small amount online. I have been playing for over 4 years and have just started working as a poker dealer in Leeds which i am enjoying at the moment. I have had times where i have hated the game but the game is very addictive and always seams to pull me back in.

I don't think my game has developed much recently and think i have fallen behind a bit which often makes me feel frustrated with how i play.

Well enough about the poker and a bit more about myself.

I have been piling on the pounds recently and often eat lots of junk and i think its about time i made a few changes in my lifestyle. I am un happy with my weight at the moment and i intend to use this thread as motivation in order to help me achieve a few goals.

I have always been a big lad and like my grub but i decided that on my 1000th i was going to sort out a goal that i think is reachable. I have just weighed myself and i top the scales at 23st 4lb.

So out goes the takeaways/chocolates/crisps and late nights and in come the healthier food, earlier nights and my running sneaks.

My goal is to get down to 20st by the time of the Blonde bash in September. So i make that just over 3 months in which to do this in.

So i hope when i am feeling down that this thread will pick me up and set me back on track!

Thanks for reading and hope to see you all at BB8 in Leeds.

Girgy

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 10:24:26 PM »

GL with that mate..see you in Leeds Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 10:28:45 PM »

I saw your facebook profile a while ago your hobby list includes going to gym Wink

gl with your effort to lose some weight.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 10:38:55 PM »

Struggling with funds for a gym membership atm but its summer and the racecourse is close by so until i get back on my feet that will have to do!

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 10:46:05 PM »

gl Girgy.

Hope it all goes to plan.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 10:53:09 PM »

good post mate and gl.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 11:51:01 PM »

Good luck sweetie !
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 12:15:30 AM »

good post mate and gl.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 01:15:41 AM »

congrats on your 1000th post and 

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 11:15:41 AM »

I think you dealt at a table I was playing on at Gala a week or so ago. Good luck with this, the only thing stopping you from doing it will be motivation - though the dealing is probably going to challenge the late nights as well as give opportunity for late snacks etc.

You dont need a gym membership if you have a pair of traniers. There are loads of places in Leeds where you can go walking etc.

All the best with it.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »

I think you dealt at a table I was playing on at Gala a week or so ago. Good luck with this, the only thing stopping you from doing it will be motivation - though the dealing is probably going to challenge the late nights as well as give opportunity for late snacks etc.

You dont need a gym membership if you have a pair of traniers. There are loads of places in Leeds where you can go walking etc.

All the best with it.

Yea the late nights when working can't be helped and gonna have to cut out the junk i eat at work! Jacket potatoes FTW!

And i dont live in Leeds but there is lots of places near me where i can go!

Cheers

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 10:56:27 PM »

Congrats, If its motivation ur looking for why dont you have some kind of prop bet. Not to the redic lengths elky went to though

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 10:59:15 PM »

congrats on your 1000th post and 

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 10:59:51 PM »

Congrats, If its motivation ur looking for why dont you have some kind of prop bet. Not to the redic lengths elky went to though

Any ideas?

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 11:02:03 PM »

you could either do a straight weight loss prop bet like elky did, or you could enter a 10k race (theres plenty around leeds) in say 2 months and set yourself a time

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: