blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:45:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191676 times)
CelticGeezeer

Viva la Quinta Brigada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #450 on: October 06, 2009, 12:41:07 PM »

Good luck with this endeavor, find below a few links that I have found useful   

http://www.inspiringfitness.co.uk/;news;item/3/14/

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/HQ00594_D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5297790.stm

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 06, 2009, 12:49:42 PM »

ice that MFer then start doing wall slides when it gets better - top vid first stretch. unpossible for me to do them atm Sad but grad getting better

http://hillfit.blogspot.com/2007/10/shoulder-mobility.html

If it's a muscle tear and you think there's swelling inside then yes ice away.

If it's a joint problem then by icing it you're making it a lot worse.

Get it looked at first so that you know what you're dealing with then decide whether to use ice or heat.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Shawrie85

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 06, 2009, 12:59:09 PM »

Dan,

Do you have a push iron?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: October 06, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »

Probably works though.

Have you ever seen a fat fish?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=30601.msg1055551#msg1055551

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: October 06, 2009, 01:43:46 PM »

OK, I'd like to read some of those 'trials' and see how relevant and scientific they are.  For example, some are completely irrelevant to what you were talking about.  One is about the "Effects of eicosapentaenoic acid on major coronary events in hypercholesterolaemic patients" - what has that got to do with taking fish oils to aid with sports injuries/arthritis/prevention of heart disease?

A lot of what's written on that page is pseudo-science used in order to sell a product. 

Fish-oil MIGHT be beneficial in a number of areas.  It might not be.  A self-styled nutritionist guru like Gillian Mckeith isn't where I'd like to take my advice from.

Antioxidants are meant to help people live longer.  In properly conducted scientific trials, there was actually evidence that those on antioxidants were actually dying from heart disease at a younger age than those on the placebo.  Taking loads of vitamin C is meant to ward off colds and other ailments - based on what?  The fact that a deficiency in vitamin C can cause issues and therefore by extending the logic taking loads must be really good for you?

you keep bringing stuff up that I am not talking about to try to prove your point, I have not mentioned vit C or antioxidants, it was prob a mistake to link a tnation article but I did say that they sell the stuff

woteva

I was comparing lots of commonly held 'truths' that actually have no scientific evidence to back them up.  Just because something sounds plausible, it doesn't make it true.

For what it's worth I was taken in by the supplements peddlers for quite a time.  Must have spent a fair bit on all sorts of stuff.  Since then I've become very sceptical about a lot of things.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 06, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »

Dan,

Do you have a push iron?

yes why?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: October 06, 2009, 03:35:42 PM »

Oops...

I blame DTD.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 06, 2009, 04:34:21 PM »

Oops...

I blame DTD.

Click to see full-size image.

lmao

no excuse tom!!

Probs that extra scoop of mash on Sunday!

Or the sausage egg and chips!!

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 06, 2009, 11:36:35 PM »

Probably works though.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 06, 2009, 11:40:25 PM »

Probably works though.

Thank you

Thought it'd gone to waste

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Shawrie85

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 07, 2009, 11:05:42 AM »

Dan,

Do you have a push iron?

yes why?

Use it!!!
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 08, 2009, 11:16:33 AM »

2 day report....

Yesterday i struggled to get out of bed but i finally managed to get myself up and went to the gym! I did 36 minutes of hill walking on the tredmill, the last 8 minutes i did some flat jogging. Covered 3.2km burning 440 calories.

This morning i woke up wondering why my alarm hadnt gone off? I forgot to put the phone on charge last night and battery had died! I still woke up at a good time and headed off to the gym. Started off with a 6 minute program on the bike as the tredmills were all in use. I finally got on a tredmill and put in 45 minutes. I got about 25 minutes into the session and felt so knackered. I carried on but not as hard as i know i can go. I finished the 45 minutes, i had covered 4km and burnt 460 calories. I still came off wetter than Annettes pants after she had been dreaming about me!

Tomorrow is a day off so i will recharge my batterys for a big session on saturday!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: October 08, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »

Good work Mr Obrestad.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Shawrie85

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 08, 2009, 02:07:09 PM »

On a serious note.......Ive been following this thread with interest cos my younger/bigger brother has been on a 'change your life around' diet since July(around the time this thread popped up) and he's still going, very well actually!

Over x-mas, start of year he suddenly ballooooooned right up to 16st, obviously fambo n friends kept making remarks, some in jest some with malice(from me) but in general concerned for his health.

So one day in july he says "thats it, NO more beer NO more kebabs NO more burgers NO more chocky NO more SHIT!" and then says(with his very next breath) "i'm going to start exercise too" i basically rofl.............but 3 months later he's down to 13st4....amazing i know but he's not had 1 drop of beer, he bought a kebab had 2 bites and stuck it in bin(i were there) and no burgers, he does still buy the odd choc bar but i mean the odd one has he went through 3/4 at a time before.

So on to the exercise, all he's been doing is CYCLING. Thats it.

I took him out with me on his first time back on a bike in 2 years. He got about 15/20mins from home turned around and headed back home. I thought that was it, he wanted to be a lazy, fat, slob! To my suprise though he went out the next day only for 45mins, day after 50 next 1hour next 1hour 10mins etc.etc.etc. Now he's out for 3/4 hours at a time. He did this all by himself no stupid blogs just commitment!

Just think how hard "Wheres Girgy" will be if you lose them 3 chins! GO TO THE DTD 300 UPDATES RIGHT NOW and look at yourself in some of the pictures..............................Use them has your inspiration.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 09, 2009, 12:05:16 AM »

On a serious note.......Ive been following this thread with interest cos my younger/bigger brother has been on a 'change your life around' diet since July(around the time this thread popped up) and he's still going, very well actually!

Over x-mas, start of year he suddenly ballooooooned right up to 16st, obviously fambo n friends kept making remarks, some in jest some with malice(from me) but in general concerned for his health.

So one day in july he says "thats it,NO more beer NO more kebabs NO more burgers NO more chocky NO more SHIT!" and then says(with his very next breath) "i'm going to start exercise too" i basically rofl.............but 3 months later he's down to 13st4....amazing i know but he's not had 1 drop of beer, he bought a kebab had 2 bites and stuck it in bin(i were there) and no burgers, he does still buy the odd choc bar but i mean the odd one has he went through 3/4 at a time before.

So on to the exercise, all he's been doing is CYCLING. Thats it.

I took him out with me on his first time back on a bike in 2 years. He got about 15/20mins from home turned around and headed back home. I thought that was it, he wanted to be a lazy, fat, slob! To my suprise though he went out the next day only for 45mins, day after 50 next 1hour next 1hour 10mins etc.etc.etc. Now he's out for 3/4 hours at a time. He did this all by himself no stupid blogs just commitment!

Just think how hard "Wheres Girgy" will be if you lose them 3 chins! 2.GO TO THE DTD 300 UPDATES RIGHT NOW and look at yourself in some of the pictures..............................Use them has your inspiration.

This is a bit over the top imo,ffs he's overweight being fit and skinny isn't all there is to life and cutting everything you like doing out just to get healthy is bs imo you could get run over the moro enjoy life.Society today with dieting is a load of crap,yeah being healthy is good but no drink,no nice food,no blah blah blah but at least I'm healthy,no thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: