blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:04:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191586 times)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: November 30, 2009, 11:43:07 PM »

grrrr your maths suck

46g fat = 414 cal
255g carbs = 1020 cal
148g protein = 592 cal

2026ish total so you're about right

Not my maths just what fitday said.

How did you work that out?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 30, 2009, 11:50:36 PM »

http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/diet-fitness/how-count-calories-per-gram.html

so it says you are burning 4000 a day and that's not including exercise right? so you do 500 on the treadmill and you've done 4500?

if you're full up with less than 2500 then this should be a cakewalk dude

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 30, 2009, 11:52:11 PM »

obv as your weight comes down your BMR comes down too LDO but worry about that later

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 30, 2009, 11:56:47 PM »

http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/diet-fitness/how-count-calories-per-gram.html

so it says you are burning 4000 a day and that's not including exercise right? so you do 500 on the treadmill and you've done 4500?

yea it has a 24 hour clock, 45 minutes of that exercise i did at gym this morning burning 520 cals then the other 23.15 hours are burning 4000 cals but obv im sleeping for 8 hours etc so is that accurate?

Yea im feeling full up with what im eating at the moment. Also my weekly weigh is has been consistant for the last 4-5 weeks as ive lost 3lbs each week. Id be happy if this keeps up as you say i will reach my goal for vegas by july!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:01:33 AM by Girgy85 » Logged

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 01, 2009, 12:03:52 AM »

pretty gd  but coke zero is shit and prob a bit too many carbs in there

how can something with zero calories have carbs in it?

not that i'd wanna drink it or anything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Zero#Ingredients

think he meant too many carbs in my food rather than the coke zero!

ah, me dumb

lol byron

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 01, 2009, 12:11:09 AM »

Not starting work till 12.45pm 2moro so gonna make the most of it and do a bit extra in the gym. Gonna get up at 8.30 get to gym for 9, and gonna do 1.5hrs in the gym.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 01, 2009, 12:16:32 AM »

Well here goes with the daily meal updates, i think some of you may be suprised with what i actually eat....

Monday 30th November

Breakfast 10.30am

Scrambled Eggs on Toast
(3 eggs/2 yolks on 2 slices of wholemeal toast/no butter)

Snack 1.30pm

Banana and Pear

Lunch 4.00pm

Can of tuna with half tub of low fat cottage cheese
2 slices of wholemeal bread (buttered but only cos my mum made my lunch today!)
Muller Light toffee yogurt
Banana

Tea 9.00pm

Chicken Breast
Boiled Potatoes
Veg (sprouts and swede/carrot)
Gravy

Muller Light toffee yogurt

Drinks

2 bottles of Coke Zero (Thoughts on Coke Zero anybody?) I usually take a 1 litre bottle of water mixed with robinsons juice but i forgot it this afternoon.

So any advice would be taken on board!

Cheers
Hi Girgy
Your diet is pretty close to how I thought it might be. You gone very healthy, probably not enough fat in your diet, ok atm but will probs need adjusting as you get lighter.
Your daily intake seems heavy towards end of day. I would try to eat more for breakfast and lunch, particularly as you gym it in the morning and your body needs the intake.
Coke zero ok for a one off but too many chemicals in to be consumed regularly. What drinks are you consuming during the entire day? If it's just the 1 litre mentioned it's not enough. Robinsons no added sugar squash added to water is fine. I would add a couple of green teas a day, taste like shit but increase your metabolism and are good intestinal health.
Your carbs are a little high, ok for now but will need cutting down on as you continue to lose weight.
I would look at losing the potatoes from the evening meal, carbs late in the day don't get used up. Add some nuts for snacks, whole unsalted nuts. Good for protein and healthy fats.
Maybe add some salad to your tuna.
CounterfeitKing

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 01, 2009, 12:53:53 AM »

change white potatoes for sweet potatoes imo, protein shakes are a bad idea for you
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 01, 2009, 01:42:27 AM »

Just got back from holiday so I've not been able to throw in my opinion anywhere.

Summary of opinion:

Byron knows his shit.

Kev's post was one of the best I've ever read.

Well done Girgy.

I'm sure looking forward to going to the gym tomorrow.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
yorky34

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 01, 2009, 05:01:06 AM »

, just seen this mate ,keep up the good work mate if ya need any advice on training  give me shout , 17 years of playing rugby league and doing weights plus training in army i know quite abit
yorky34

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 01, 2009, 05:11:32 AM »

my diet advice wont be much use to ya though i have trouble  keeping weight on and have to take weight gain shakes to help maintain my waight , you probably think lucky me but i have always struggled with it very annoying
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 01, 2009, 06:23:56 AM »

I think the fitday estimation of calories burnt seems a bit on the generous side, it might be useful if somebody knew of another way of calculating your total??

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 01, 2009, 07:14:44 AM »

I think the fitday estimation of calories burnt seems a bit on the generous side, it might be useful if somebody knew of another way of calculating your total??

although you are probably right he's losing 3lbs a week so we have a calorie deficit so we're OK atm. i'm trying not to bog this thread down in minutia which i have definitely been guilty of in the past Smiley

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 01, 2009, 11:41:46 AM »

Struggled to get up this morning! In a little habit of snoozing for an extra half an hour which i need to get out of!

Today i did 36 minutes on the treadmill covering 3.5km. I then did 10 minutes on the rower and finished off with 10 minutes on the bike.

Just entered into fitday and its come out as 601 calories burned.

Gonna make a couple of slight changes to my food today. Gonna cut the bread out of lunch today. I also drink around 2 litres of juice a day buy i forgot to take it yesterday.

Being on the road 8 hours a day isnt ideal for eating but the changes i have made are massive compared to what i used to eat.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 01, 2009, 11:56:10 AM »

Struggled to get up this morning! In a little habit of snoozing for an extra half an hour which i need to get out of!

Easiest way to get out of this one mate is to put your alarm clock at the opposite end of your room.

You've then got no excuse but to get up to turn the thing off.

I can sypathise with this problem as it's one I suffer with as well. Like everything else it's just a habit and is easily fixed if you put another habit in it's place.

The silly thing is that just by doing this you'll burn an extra few calories per day. The sleep you get while snoozing isn't doing you any good so you might as well be up. When you're on your feet you're burning more than while you're in bed. Every little helps over the next 8 months.

Keep up the good work.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: