blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:17:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191599 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: December 15, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »

Butter ok, margarine not. Which sounds good to me Smiley.

stephen fry told me that you can't buy margarine in the uk anymore so that shouldn't matter to you

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 15, 2009, 05:24:47 PM »

Butter ok, margarine not. Which sounds good to me Smiley.

stephen fry told me that you can't buy margarine in the uk anymore so that shouldn't matter to you

anything with trans-fats or hydrogenated fats is just terrible!

you got to laugh how in the late 80's early 90's 'marg' was sold as 'healthy'

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #812 on: December 15, 2009, 05:30:09 PM »

The rest of the site is quite interesting as well - vegetable oil, white flour and refined sugar are the worst things in the world from an obesity point of view (according to many posts on them). Based on a cursory reading of some of it, I'm not convinced he hasn't falled into his own trap of correlation implying causation with some of it, but it's interesting reading. Fructose bad, glucose good. Butter ok, margarine not. Which sounds good to me Smiley. At least he applies fairly rigorous scientific principles in most of his posts, as opposed to some of the crap you read on "nutrition" websites.

Still looks very much like the Anthropogenic Global Warming denialist's science at first glance.

Needs closer inspection...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 15, 2009, 06:10:57 PM »

The rest of the site is quite interesting as well - vegetable oil, white flour and refined sugar are the worst things in the world from an obesity point of view (according to many posts on them). Based on a cursory reading of some of it, I'm not convinced he hasn't falled into his own trap of correlation implying causation with some of it, but it's interesting reading. Fructose bad, glucose good. Butter ok, margarine not. Which sounds good to me Smiley. At least he applies fairly rigorous scientific principles in most of his posts, as opposed to some of the crap you read on "nutrition" websites.

Still looks very much like the Anthropogenic Global Warming denialist's science at first glance.

Needs closer inspection...

You da man Dan!!

Get on it......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: December 15, 2009, 11:59:13 PM »

Worth reading Ben Goldacre "Bad Science" book/blog/website before getting into stuff like this. Certainly enhances your bullshit-meter. And his tear into Gillian McKeith ("or to give her her full medical title, Gillian McKeith") is worth the book price alone Smiley.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #815 on: December 16, 2009, 11:29:14 AM »

Worth reading Ben Goldacre "Bad Science" book/blog/website before getting into stuff like this. Certainly enhances your bullshit-meter. And his tear into Gillian McKeith ("or to give her her full medical title, Gillian McKeith") is worth the book price alone Smiley.

It's a fantastic book.  He's also worth going to see live at a lecture/talk.  Very engaging and amusing.

The stuff about AIDS denialism is very scary though.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 16, 2009, 11:51:44 AM »

Just back from gym. Been swimming today and a jacuzzi and steam room. Its my mums birthday today so Happy Birthday Mama G x

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #817 on: December 16, 2009, 12:51:22 PM »

Happy Birthday Mama G!!

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 16, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »

Mama Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 16, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »

Just back from gym. Been swimming today and a jacuzzi and steam room. Its my mums birthday today so Happy Birthday Mama G x

Shall I pop round about 9 to give her my present?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 18, 2009, 11:39:08 AM »

Just back from the gym. Another good session on the treadmill doing another PB. I covered 5.08km in 45 minutes burning over 600cals so im very happy about that. I might up that to a 60 minute session tomorrow. Will probably be able to to 6.2km in an hour.

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 18, 2009, 11:43:21 AM »

good news Girgy keep it up m8  thumbs up thumbs up
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 18, 2009, 11:58:33 AM »

Just back from the gym. Another good session on the treadmill doing another PB. I covered 5.08km in 45 minutes burning over 600cals so im very happy about that. I might up that to a 60 minute session tomorrow. Will probably be able to to 6.2km in an hour.
I think its better to run more at 45 mins then run at the same speed for a longer amount of time.
I think the higher the intensity the better as your body could adapt to the same speed.
Do you go to the gym yourself? I find it alot lot better when with a friend as you can encourage each other.

I think you should train up and do a 10k running event. And make it into a prop bet or run for charity. I will happily give you £2 for every min under 60 and £1 under 75 

But keep it up (Y)

Just me
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 18, 2009, 04:38:21 PM »

I think its better to run more at 45 mins then run at the same speed for a longer amount of time.
I think the higher the intensity the better as your body could adapt to the same speed.
Do you go to the gym yourself? I find it alot lot better when with a friend as you can encourage each other.

I think you should train up and do a 10k running event. And make it into a prop bet or run for charity. I will happily give you £2 for every min under 60 and £1 under 75 

But keep it up (Y)

I have built my fitness up from doing 30mins at 7kmh to 45mins at between 7/9kmh so I think a jump to 60 minutes at 8/9kmh Is my next step! I will then try and build up the time that I can run for constantly rather than 11/2 min interval training.

I would like to do a 10km run and hopefully I might look into this for next year!

I don't have a training partner as I go in the mornings as I work afternoons! This is not a problem for me as I don't mind training alone!

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 18, 2009, 08:30:05 PM »

But keep it up (Y)

I have built my fitness up from doing 30mins at 7kmh to 45mins at between 7/9kmh so I think a jump to 60 minutes at 8/9kmh Is my next step! I will then try and build up the time that I can run for constantly rather than 11/2 min interval training.

I would like to do a 10km run and hopefully I might look into this for next year!

I don't have a training partner as I go in the mornings as I work afternoons! This is not a problem for me as I don't mind training alone!

you seen this before Girgy

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/exercise/running/3_mile_training_plan.htm

mite be of some use
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: