blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:40:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Au revoir
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Au revoir  (Read 3886 times)
Dingdell

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2009, 02:39:21 PM »

Well this has been some time coming I think bit I have fallen out of love with poker. I'm just not getting the fun and enjoyment from it I used to - don't know why - it just isn't there.

With me failing badly to tame an addictive personality and slot machines - not a great combination - I think the best course of action is to say goodbye to anything that tempts me to put money in a machine - and that includes playing poker - because where there's poker there are those happy laughing glittery larry lobster type machines begging me to put money in. Ridic but thats just the way it is.  I'd rather avoid it before it becomes a major issue.

I am never going to make my fortune playing poker and when the funs gone it doesn't make much sense to keep doing it. If I was a young gun I'm sure my thoughts would be different but at the moment, particularly with the credit cruch still biting, my time and money is probably better spent developing my businesses and a social life outside of discussing three betting!

Secondly there are some great people on here but times change and it's just not the same for me here anymore. I do feel under pressure sometimes when posting, from particular individuals, and life is too short to have to spend time on here always having to justify myself. I know it's a forum, I know we are all entitled to ask and interact but when it becomes personal I just don't see the point to it.   

I have enjoyed some of the best times playing poker, the DTD event with the Steve Davies and Mackem episode was probably one of the funniest and even now I still laugh remembering Gatso doubled up in fits until even the dealer was laughing and the game almost couldn't continue. It was the best game ever.

So - I don't have any intentions of posting or popping in, if things change and I win the lottery and I no longer have to graft for a living I hope you will welcome me back. As I don't buy a ticket winning the lottery may prove a bit tricky but you know what I mean!

I intend to have more holidays, do up my flat and spend my money wisely. I may even do one of those 'open up a restaurant once a week in your own home' type adventures once the kitchen is done so there is some great fun on the horizon.

Those friends on MSN and facebook please keep in touch, as I will, and I hope you are all lucky at the tables and win lots!! xxx
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 02:49:43 PM »

Sad

Very sad to read that, but wish you all the best for the future. x

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 03:02:16 PM »

Bloody Hell Tracey. Do what you must  you will be missed  by an awful lot of us.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 03:03:42 PM »

“You and I will meet again, When we're least expecting it, One day in some far off place, I will recognize your face, I won't say goodbye my friend, For you and I will meet again”

Tom Petty.

Good luck Trace, and remember...  Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened.

The older I get, the better I was.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 03:06:31 PM »

wow .,.,sad to hear this hun.,..,keep coming back and fore like i did.,.,it costs nothing.,.,and you seem a nice person too.,.,.,
we all feel down sometimes and this might be a down time for you.,.,.,relax,.,unwind.,.,.,think 1 week from now and it will all be that bit clearer..,x.,x.,x.,

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 03:15:24 PM »

Wow thats a real shame. Your one of the original & unique blondes, the place will not be the same. Good Luck, Have Fun.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 03:33:26 PM »

Wow thats a real shame. Your one of the original & unique blondes, the place will not be the same. Good Luck, Have Fun.

+1 
Good luck with whatever you do Trace,you will be missed.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 03:37:14 PM »

+2.

Good luck, Ding.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 04:18:02 PM »

Wow that's a real shame. Your one of the original & unique blondes, the place will not be the same. Good Luck, Have Fun.

+3

Maybe a break is all you need...3/6/12 months.....relax and enjoy.

fivebetjam

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »

Why is everyone leaving messages when he won't be logging in again?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 04:27:01 PM »

Why is everyone leaving messages when he won't be logging in again?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 04:50:49 PM »

All the best Ding - hopefully your win that million and be back one day.
ScottMGee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 05:00:50 PM »

A real shame Tracey - even with you stealing my blinds at every opportunity.

Hope you change your mind and we see you back at DTD.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 05:30:50 PM »

Stop messing about Trace, self-banaments are not binding...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 06:08:46 PM »

Sad

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: