blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:05:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 497959 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2700 on: December 01, 2015, 10:01:38 PM »

what a dog
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: December 01, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »

Lovely to see Bob bow out like that.

What a star.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: December 01, 2015, 10:03:35 PM »

Bob for SPOTY.

Absolute boss.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: December 01, 2015, 10:10:17 PM »

the mugs champion delivers
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: December 01, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »

How much will he earn at each month?

Surely there are more races to be won with him before hanging up his collar?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: December 01, 2015, 10:19:27 PM »

LOL, I know what you mean. I stupidly backed something else in the race.

Never did back him winning.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: December 01, 2015, 10:22:19 PM »

LOL, I know what you mean. I stupidly backed something else in the race.

Never did back him winning.

Know you are watching a decent animal when you dont mind losing money.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: December 02, 2015, 12:14:21 AM »

Don't mind finishing second to bob.  Have made plenty out of him on Friday's nights over the years when he was buying money out of t6 in the lucky last.  Lovely to see him finally win a major.  As for keep running him.  He would make £200 a win on a Friday night on rpgtv.  Hardly worth risking him for. He is a romford 6 bend legend and it is great to see him go out on top on sky.  Gutted for bubbly but don't mind losing to bob.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: December 06, 2015, 12:01:55 AM »

BAGS track championship starts this week. Have you bet yet Arb?

I've had decent bets on Newc/Romford, and had small bets on PerryBarr/Poole.

What a finish to yesterdays south meeting. Sittingbourne were 8/15 to go through with yesterdays meeting being at their venue and the last at Wimbledon.

Romford won the last 2 legs to make it go to the wire on the last meeting which is at Wimbledon (who cant go through).

Standings :

Sittingbourne 167
Romford 163
Crayford 155
Hove 134
Wimb 51

Obviously Sittingbourne still favourites but any 1 of 3 could go through really.

Romford progress today winning two races round Wimbledon today as well as 2 runners up and a 3rd and 5th Smiley

Who said Romford won't be able to compete around 480m tracks? 37 points and 41 points in the last two legs at two decent gallops in Sittingbourne and Wimbledon to progress.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:08:09 AM by MattyHollis » Logged
crgGG
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: December 24, 2015, 02:34:39 PM »

Good afternoon,

This is my first post on your forum, so hello to everyone.  I don't play poker myself, but I came across your forum by chance when I Googled "Britain at the bookies" a few months ago.  I've found some of the threads to be very interesting.

Can someone provide a bit of advice for me please?

Before the start of the competition I backed Romford each way for the trainers' track championship, in a Billy Hills shop.  If I recall correctly the place terms were first four (I think).

According to the RP (http://www.racingpost.com/news/greyhounds/towcester-team-on-top-in-championship-thriller/2008546/top/), the final scores were Towcester 67, Newcastle 57, Hall Green 51, Belle Vue  37, Romford 37, Monmore 31.

This looks to me like a dead heat for the final each way place, so I should be paid out to half my stake, and lose the other half.

I'd like to get my facts right before I go into the shop, as I suspect there's a possibility that I'll have to argue my case.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Craig
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: December 24, 2015, 02:44:22 PM »

Good afternoon,

This is my first post on your forum, so hello to everyone.  I don't play poker myself, but I came across your forum by chance when I Googled "Britain at the bookies" a few months ago.  I've found some of the threads to be very interesting.

Before the start of the competition I backed Romford each way for the trainers' track championship, in a Billy Hills shop.  If I recall correctly the place terms were first four (I think).

According to the RP (http://www.racingpost.com/news/greyhounds/towcester-team-on-top-in-championship-thriller/2008546/top/), the final scores were Towcester 67, Newcastle 57, Hall Green 51, Belle Vue  37, Romford 37, Monmore 31.

This looks to me like a dead heat for the final each way place, so I should be paid out to half my stake, and lose the other half.

I'd like to get my facts right before I go into the shop, as I suspect there's a possibility that I'll have to argue my case.

Thanks and regards
Craig

Hi Craig

Welcome to forum.  Pretty sure all ties were split by a variety of tie breakers yesterday the first one being number of wins during the 10 races yesterday.  Not 100% on this.  Don't know what the second tie break is either. The ew terms pre event were 1/4 1,2,3,4 with all firms at the start of the competition.  No idea if tie breakers are used for splitting places further down or just for winning the event.  Either outcome could happen tbh.  

I placed the same bets in a hills shop pre event as well (on Newcastle, not Romford) so i know the ew terms are 1/4 1234.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 02:53:03 PM by arbboy » Logged
crgGG
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: December 24, 2015, 02:55:38 PM »

Thanks Arbboy, it looks like we're either going to get paid out, half paid out or not paid out at all, depending on if and how they split Romford and Bell Vue.

There's only one way to find out — the shop is across the road from my house, so I'll look in now.

I'll let you know how I get on.
crgGG
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: December 24, 2015, 03:22:28 PM »

Hills dead-heated Bell Vue and Romford, so I got paid out.

If any of you backed either of these tracks each way with Hills at the start of the competition, you're due a return.

Presumably other firms will also be paying out as dead heats.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: December 24, 2015, 09:30:50 PM »

Hills dead-heated Bell Vue and Romford, so I got paid out.

If any of you backed either of these tracks each way with Hills at the start of the competition, you're due a return.

Presumably other firms will also be paying out as dead heats.

Nice one, thank you.

I thought I had lost all each way money to be honest as assumed it would be on countback on races won, which Romford would have lost h2h v Belle Vue.

Just logged in to my account to see i've been paid dead heat e/w terms which is a nice bonus! Cheers for the heads up.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: December 25, 2015, 12:16:21 AM »

Good afternoon,

This is my first post on your forum, so hello to everyone.  I don't play poker myself, but I came across your forum by chance when I Googled "Britain at the bookies" a few months ago.  I've found some of the threads to be very interesting.

Before the start of the competition I backed Romford each way for the trainers' track championship, in a Billy Hills shop.  If I recall correctly the place terms were first four (I think).

According to the RP (http://www.racingpost.com/news/greyhounds/towcester-team-on-top-in-championship-thriller/2008546/top/), the final scores were Towcester 67, Newcastle 57, Hall Green 51, Belle Vue  37, Romford 37, Monmore 31.

Thanks and regards
Craig

Welcome to blonde!......that Tony Kendall gets everywhere  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: