blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:39:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 497764 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: October 21, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »

Agree.

Cheers mate, I've taken the 6/4 with both sb and 364. Got to stay with him after those performances.

If anyone wants to watch replays of major races or look at form cards for future bags then this site does the trick

http://www.bagsracing.com/rewind-centre.html

Link is for the rewind centre, if you click on Sittingbourne you can watch Jumbo win the triple crown, closer than I thought but he knew he had more to give at the death.

Form is up for the Leger, the race before Jumbo is Tough Tackle who is in the Leger, quite impressive. Going through it this week, hopefully me and Scotty will have a couple of nice ones to follow.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 21, 2014, 12:32:34 PM »

I was at sittingbourne Sunday, think 5 didn't want to go by Jumbo, defo looked like he ponced around anyway.

Tackle dog was really impressive, it's got 28.35 on its card over 4 bends at Wimbledon, huge runner in Leger
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 21, 2014, 12:53:15 PM »

I was at sittingbourne Sunday, think 5 didn't want to go by Jumbo, defo looked like he ponced around anyway.

Tackle dog was really impressive, it's got 28.35 on its card over 4 bends at Wimbledon, huge runner in Leger

Looking at the race it looked like it should have taken him coming round the last bend, no heart. Tackle does look impressive, took some of the 12's with Sj after watching the race but its been cut now to joint fav with Teddy, have asked bf to open up a market but i think the small bit of value is all gone. Hopefully some crackpot (Choral) open up bigger and there's a chance to grab a bit. Ill be watching closely.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 21, 2014, 03:57:25 PM »

Haven't done a great deal on it yet but like Racenight Jenny of the prices available for the Leger. Will do a full thingy on Thursday probably, and bounce a few ideas about.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 21, 2014, 04:00:50 PM »

Looking at the race it looked like it should have taken him coming round the last bend, no heart. Tackle does look impressive, took some of the 12's with Sj after watching the race but its been cut now to joint fav with Teddy, have asked bf to open up a market but i think the small bit of value is all gone. Hopefully some crackpot (Choral) open up bigger and there's a chance to grab a bit. Ill be watching closely.

Doubt you will get anything near mate.

The two you mentioned are both headline Dogs in the Outlook this week.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 21, 2014, 04:08:58 PM »

Doubt you will get anything near mate.

The two you mentioned are both headline Dogs in the Outlook this week.

Who writes that for rfo?  Dave 'the kid' Clarke from RPGTV?  If so they will probably drift!
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 21, 2014, 04:35:08 PM »

Yes. It is him.

I shall wait for the drift then!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 21, 2014, 04:44:33 PM »

Yes. It is him.

I shall wait for the drift then!

Dave is quite a good judge of dogs, as ever doesn't always get them right but then who does. It's very doubtful we will get a price on Touch Tackle now but you never know what can happen after the first heats, he still hasn't gone under 42's which a few have. Def looks a tough ante post market.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 21, 2014, 04:56:37 PM »

Been doing quite a lot of studying today, still not fully deceided what I'm going to put up but Chicago is def in the short list (I have already backed him at 25-1 with Hills a month ago) two non bookmakers had the same price but I haven't posted because it seems they don't take bets, however now Laddies have put up 25-1, I can't see anyone going higher and feel 16-20's is probably about right. It has shown some blistering form since moving to six bends and they may have got the dog right in time.  Cannot see it opening higher when we finally get some bf prices (market up but nothing yet). I've gone in again in the each way first 4. I believe Scotty might be looking at this as well.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 22, 2014, 01:12:49 AM »

9:48 Peter, Blissful Pudsy @5/2, can see this going off shorter, has ran pretty well in it's first two races and only lost to Isheforreal last outing which can be a decent dog and runs in OR's, this is a B1.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 22, 2014, 03:28:55 PM »

Been doing quite a lot of studying today, still not fully deceided what I'm going to put up but Chicago is def in the short list (I have already backed him at 25-1 with Hills a month ago) two non bookmakers had the same price but I haven't posted because it seems they don't take bets, however now Laddies have put up 25-1, I can't see anyone going higher and feel 16-20's is probably about right. It has shown some blistering form since moving to six bends and they may have got the dog right in time.  Cannot see it opening higher when we finally get some bf prices (market up but nothing yet). I've gone in again in the each way first 4. I believe Scotty might be looking at this as well.

Another I've been looking at is Ballymac Bonnie, Irish raider, good six bend form in Ireland, does seem to start slow but cuts through the field and probably one of the fastest finishing dogs, after Dragon Posse it concerned me slightly however this is six bends so leans itself to dogs that can back run. Anyway I was on at 20's and again was going to put it up but it got cut and 16's seemed a bit skinny. So Chorals have opened at 20's, thin bf market but it is shorter. I like it each way at 20's.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 22, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »

St Leger Shortlist

Romantic Rambo @14 generally
Chicago @25 Ladbrokes (bf 32 win only)
Ballymac  Bonnie @ 20 Coral
Airmount Paco @16 generally

I've had the most on Romantic Rambo 14-1 Generally (12.5 bf thin market), he is in one of the toughest heats and will be up against Touch Tackle and Bubbly Gold, however after bouncing this off Scotty and another couple of dog men it looks like Rambo may have been laid out for this, he is lightly raced since May, holds the track record here over this distance (41.24 May 2014) and also over 730 at Nottingham. It's only other races have come in the Yorkshire St Leger, it was far from Disgraced coming second to Millwards Teddy in the final after winning it's first heat and coming second in the semi's to Farley Rio. After watching the final a few times I would certainly take nothing away from Teddy but at 8-1 compared to 14-1 for Rambo I think it's obvious where the value lies, you could even make a case for Rambo (finished 2 lengths down) that he didn't get the run of the final having to go wide at a number of bends, then moving inwards each time which would have lost him some ground. I've also just watched the Select Stayers Stakes (15th July) where he broke the track record at Nottingham, although it may not have been a stunning 10 length victory, he certainly ran a very clean race, broke in second, stayed in middle all the way around and pushed on from the second last bend, won by 1 3/4 lengths but was still in front at the pickup and I would say was going away.

I like Touch Tackle but I think the price is short enough, I had a small win only on bf at 11.5 and 11.0 and managed to get 12-1 ew with before it was cut. I'm not touching it at sub 10-1.

I've already wrote about Chicago and Ballymac Bonnie. Airmount Paco is 17.5 on bf so is the correct price but I love the way this dog kicked on in it's last race as soon as the danger was coming and last  three runs have been sub 41 secs at Newcastle.   Could certainly improve on these runs and could be a real contender, I've had a bet because I love the way the dog runs, the price is probably right though.

Scotty is putting a few up some may be the same some different. I'll be following his as well, if you only do one of mine it would be Rambo. Good luck.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 22, 2014, 09:48:36 PM »

decent outside bias romford tonight on rpgtv
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 22, 2014, 10:18:13 PM »

9:48 Peter, Blissful Pudsy @5/2, can see this going off shorter, has ran pretty well in it's first two races and only lost to Isheforreal last outing which can be a decent dog and runs in OR's, this is a B1.

Run comes to an end, even the outside bias couldn't help!!!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 22, 2014, 10:20:31 PM »

Run comes to an end, even the outside bias couldn't help!!!

No bias at posh omm.  Only romford!  Never catching 2 when it led.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: