blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:39:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The GUKPT Champion of Champions Event thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GUKPT Champion of Champions Event thread  (Read 27791 times)
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2009, 11:28:57 PM »

What's happening to the prizemoney won by the stacks of people that did not turn up?

Nothing, the prizepool remains the same    ....     the entrants that turned up just had a few less competitors for it.

Their stacks were left in play to be blinded out,and a fair few of them have blinded into the money positions,in fact I believe Richard Gryko is still in!!  Cheesy
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2009, 11:34:21 PM »

I don't really follow the argument, whereby I say the vote looks a terrible idea and therefore somehow I am slagging off grosvneor blue square for adding 600k to the pool or slagging off the tour/organisers etc.  It simply doesn't follow at all.

And FWIW I must have added about 10K to the prize pools of these over the years so I should get a say too Wink  And I am sure I'll be back donating next year.

Thanks for your donations doobs. I'm sure it was much appreciated by those who cashed in the events you played in. I wasn't making an argument as such that nobody should criticise what they don't like. In fact I'm in favour of criticism when it is constructive. However as an organiser it is sometimes a bit dismaying when people latch on to one or two things they don't like and focus on things that may not be quite right yet make no or little reference to the positives. There were not many positive comments on this thread before I made my earlier post.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2009, 11:36:46 PM »

I don't really follow the argument, whereby I say the vote looks a terrible idea and therefore somehow I am slagging off grosvneor blue square for adding 600k to the pool or slagging off the tour/organisers etc.  It simply doesn't follow at all.

And FWIW I must have added about 10K to the prize pools of these over the years so I should get a say too Wink  And I am sure I'll be back donating next year.

Thanks for your donations doobs. I'm sure it was much appreciated by those who cashed in the events you played in. I wasn't making an argument as such that nobody should criticise what they don't like. In fact I'm in favour of criticism when it is constructive. However as an organiser it is sometimes a bit dismaying when people latch on to one or two things they don't like and focus on things that may not be quite right yet make no or little reference to the positives. There were not many positive comments on this thread before I made my earlier post.

Simples Jon ... people just take it for granted.

Sad but true.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2009, 11:38:00 PM »

What's happening to the prizemoney won by the stacks of people that did not turn up?

Nothing, the prizepool remains the same    ....     the entrants that turned up just had a few less competitors for it.

Their stacks were left in play to be blinded out,and a fair few of them have blinded into the money positions,in fact I believe Richard Gryko is still in!!  Cheesy

Nobody has blinded their way into the money. Those who do not turn up earn no prize, will not be classified as in the money and their prizes wil go to the next placed players who are in attendance.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2009, 11:39:28 PM »

did anyone from aberdeen turn up ?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2009, 11:45:01 PM »

Nobody has blinded their way into the money. Those who do not turn up earn no prize, will not be classified as in the money and their prizes wil go to the next placed players who are in attendance.

Righto.
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2009, 11:51:17 PM »

did anyone from aberdeen turn up ?

John Angus came down and has recently been eliminated. However Weland Holyroyd and Sean Garswood did not.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2009, 11:51:40 PM »

Surely if Gryko chooses to go to a concert over playing this then he should still be allowed to blind away into the money? Seems v unfair. Might as well just hand out money to anyone who actually enjoys poker next year Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2009, 12:09:35 AM »

I think putting it to a vote of the players was an excellent idea.

Maybe you should have an option where you had a payout structire like 1, but everyone received £100.

Also, weighting of votes is an excellent idea.

Hat's off to Grosvenor and Blue Squirrel for the added money.

Which won't be added much longer if it gets overshadowed by a bit of detail........

Poker players love to knock, but rarely seem able to praise initiatives like this. A few years back a £100,000 Freeroll would have been a headline, now it's taken for granted.

The Directors of Grosvenor will take note.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2009, 12:26:11 AM »

Maybe you should have an option where you had a payout structire like 1, but everyone received £100.

Which won't be added much longer if it gets overshadowed by a bit of detail........

Poker players love to knock, but rarely seem able to praise initiatives like this. A few years back a £100,000 Freeroll would have been a headline, now it's taken for granted.

Yeah poker players love to moan but that is normal enough. There's a specific whinge thread just below this one currently running at 85 pages which is proof enough of the popularity of moaning. But then again the whole general public love to moan and that is just a fact of life that's very unlikely to change. My God, anyone who deals with the public in any business knows how it is. In fact only a few moans is the barometer of great success imo. Grosvenor should realise they are in the business of putting on tournaments for moaning bastard poker players and not take things too personally. By the way, god awful weather we're having at the moment.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2009, 12:27:48 AM »

Couldnt agree more Tikay

Whats to knock?

"Jimmy White told me the other night he hates name droppers,i had to agree"
Dave Johnson August 2010
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2009, 01:19:39 AM »

Surely if Gryko chooses to go to a concert over playing this then he should still be allowed to blind away into the money? Seems v unfair. Might as well just hand out money to anyone who actually enjoys poker next year Smiley

Nice try Dubai, but I ain't biting. 
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2009, 02:52:17 AM »

sick that they cant blind into the money imo
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2009, 02:55:20 AM »

sick that they cant blind into the money imo

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Woody_Deck
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2009, 05:55:54 AM »

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 07:07:45 PM by Woody_Deck » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: