blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:22:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 Deepstack DECEMBER
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 Deepstack DECEMBER  (Read 140655 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: December 08, 2009, 01:57:22 PM »

and by repute Stuart, you played the worst big stack ever seen

Wink

I am updating the Monte Carlo. See you there, looking forward to seeing what my camera manages to snap logo wise!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 08, 2009, 01:57:32 PM »

i dno what happened at the FT to make everyone so rattled. but reading through this post, the rubs are com and obv working.
so here are mine. gladiator, its really tilting that u write 'ov' instead of the usual 'of'.  secondly, do something about ur fashion sense man. ask ur mum to buy u some more cloths? put it on ur christmas list? maybe employ a personal stylist with all them monies u won in the last 2yrs?  i can point u in the right direction of a nice run-good cardigan if u want?  x
Nothing happened at the ft, it was what happened before hand! I made a school boy error, a little bit of excitement kicked in     Whats so tilting that i write ov instead of ''of'' stop talking bollocs or should i say balls lol!
Also i need to do nothing about my fashion sence, i might have to when i start looking like you     Can i have the details OV the cardigan please  Wink

You want details of his "cloths" - or even his "clothes"....... ?

You know its bad when old man Teeeekers gets involved

Standard diversionary tactics Stu, designed to dampen down fires.

Weather a lot better today, too, eh?

Weathers pretty shitty to be honest.
Reinstated the Xmas do at work today after having a mardy yesterday and cancelling it.
My arm looks like its been through a mangle.
Not sure why Im telling you about my day?
Hows your day going?
When will I see your lovelyself at DTD?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
gladiator2007

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 08, 2009, 02:02:10 PM »

and by repute Stuart, you played the worst big stack ever seen

Wink

I am updating the Monte Carlo. See you there, looking forward to seeing what my camera manages to snap logo wise!
Thats AK pre flop for you, what can you do Sad
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 08, 2009, 02:20:09 PM »

Tikay/Stuart L - you guys ever played together?

Yes, we played a few of the old Wallsall £300 Finals together.

I admired Stu's game - it's aggro, & good - & my only bone of contention - which Stu will confirm I said directly to him, on numerous occasions - is that I'd rather like to see him smile a little more, take poker, & himself, a little less seriously. But there's no rule saying anyone should smile, or even look as if they are having fun. It'd be rather nice if there were, actually, but that's a very left-field view. He was a VERY tough oppo, & I was, & am, despite views to the contrary, a superb short-stack player. Plenty of practice, see, because I have such a weak-tight game.

Oddly, I get to know players better whem I'm not playing them, just observing from the Rail, just watching the game dispassionately. Add up APAT, Virgin Fessies, SPUKT's, SPT's, & Sky Poker commentary stuff, & I've done more "observing" (& less playing recently!) than most. And I've watched Stu many, many times, from the rail, mainly in APAT Events - I particularly recall him running over the Table at the Dublin APAT in which Brendan finished 2nd iirc. His game was a cut above, & I like to see good game, but I was forever in fear of his stern face, & how it would affect the APA ethos. But he "warmed", & it was OK

He's OK, but it's non-cool for youngsters to smile much these days. And you need to be extremely old to understand why. I qualify.

As to the whole hoohah, I did not wanna get involved, it was banter from one side & uppity from the other. I just kept thinking "please stop digging".

And then the perfect result - several peeps poured water on the fire, Stu fessed up, acknowledged, & everyone kissed & made up.

The whole thing has uncanny paralels with the Bainn/blonde Bash saga - during which I sooooo wanted Bainn just to say "yup, I got it wrong, I'm sorry", & all wouilda been well, he'd be back in the fold, & all would be well, & Harmony would have been released from her embarrassment at the mess.

It's not generally realised, the extraordinary power of "yup, I got that one wrong, I'm sorry". That's strength, power, not weakness.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 08, 2009, 02:24:11 PM »

A few times yes. Tikay is an outstanding player, love that mans game Smiley
Our last meeting was at Walsall if i remember on the ft of the £300 where you played the best short stack i have ever seen played

I'm sorry Stu, & I don't wanna start it all off again, but that's just so wrong. I had nearly 4 x BB's.

PS - Clown - please decode that for Cos, thanks. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 08, 2009, 02:30:22 PM »

Wow you have a good recollection of APAT from that long ago Tikay - considering Stu seems to have been pro for a few years now.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #651 on: December 08, 2009, 02:34:33 PM »

Do you hate money too?

HI HELEN!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 08, 2009, 02:34:39 PM »

Wow you have a good recollection of APAT from that long ago Tikay - considering Stu seems to have been pro for a few years now.

Don't start Greek Boy.

It was 3 years ago, I think.

I can remember things from when I was a kid. Be impressed at that.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 08, 2009, 02:34:51 PM »

Bainn.......

Blonde Bash........

Dont get me started.........

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 08, 2009, 02:35:32 PM »

Do you hate money too?

Wink

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 08, 2009, 02:35:50 PM »

Don't start Greek Boy.

Invention of the Wheel?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 08, 2009, 02:36:31 PM »

Don't start Greek Boy.

Invention of the Wheel?

That was later.

gladiator2007

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 08, 2009, 02:40:17 PM »

Yes, we played a few of the old Wallsall £300 Finals together.

I admired Stu's game - it's aggro, & good - & my only bone of contention - which Stu will confirm I said directly to him, on numerous occasions - is that I'd rather like to see him smile a little more, take poker, & himself, a little less seriously. But there's no rule saying anyone should smile, or even look as if they are having fun. It'd be rather nice if there were, actually, but that's a very left-field view. He was a VERY tough oppo, & I was, & am, despite views to the contrary, a superb short-stack player. Plenty of practice, see, because I have such a weak-tight game.

Oddly, I get to know players better whem I'm not playing them, just observing from the Rail, just watching the game dispassionately. Add up APAT, Virgin Fessies, SPUKT's, SPT's, & Sky Poker commentary stuff, & I've done more "observing" (& less playing recently!) than most. And I've watched Stu many, many times, from the rail, mainly in APAT Events - I particularly recall him running over the Table at the Dublin APAT in which Brendan finished 2nd iirc. His game was a cut above, & I like to see good game, but I was forever in fear of his stern face, & how it would affect the APA ethos. But he "warmed", & it was OK

He's OK, but it's non-cool for youngsters to smile much these days. And you need to be extremely old to understand why. I qualify.

As to the whole hoohah, I did not wanna get involved, it was banter from one side & uppity from the other. I just kept thinking "please stop digging".

And then the perfect result - several peeps poured water on the fire, Stu fessed up, acknowledged, & everyone kissed & made up.

The whole thing has uncanny paralels with the Bainn/blonde Bash saga - during which I sooooo wanted Bainn just to say "yup, I got it wrong, I'm sorry", & all wouilda been well, he'd be back in the fold, & all would be well, & Harmony would have been released from her embarrassment at the mess.

It's not generally realised, the extraordinary power of "yup, I got that one wrong, I'm sorry". That's strength, power, not weakness.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 08, 2009, 02:44:05 PM »

Bainn.......

Blonde Bash........

Dont get me started.........

Does he still post on blonde or just peoples' facebook statuses now?

Squire.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
gladiator2007

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 08, 2009, 02:55:18 PM »

You would think 50/50
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: