blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:26:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Trip Report...(Long)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Trip Report...(Long)  (Read 35942 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »

Part 1

I left work on thursday evening and headed for Kings Cross. I was aiming to make it to DTD for 8pm which was going to be tight as I don't finish work in central London until 5.30. I rushed to the station and jumped into the queue for tickets. The trains for Nottingham and Sheffield were leaving within 2 mins of each other and arriving at the desk 2 minutes before departure was cutting it fine.

"Ticket to Nottingham please"
"£134.50 please sir"
"gdjfgskdjgsdkthsdg"

A quick phone call to Blatch and I would be arriving in Nottingham via Limousine as his horses should be treated Leicester at 7.10pm with only a £60.50 hit to the wallet. I don't know why I never book train tickets in advance. Actually I do know - I'm a lazy shit. I'm met at the station by Blatch and Kev (AutobetKev on here) and we drive to DTD whilst Neil is on the phone to Betfair. Upon giving his details to the guy, he's asked if he's Neil Blatchly from blonde poker. Toasty life - Neil has been phone recognised.

We arrive just a tiny bit into the first level of the sat and find our seats. 106 runners iirc and 20 seats gtd. 2k starting stack with £50 rebuys. I have 11k within 20 minutes and have had no rebuys. Table is complete heaven and I just know I'm on course to get a seat...that is until the 2nd level begins....

Toby Lewis is in and comes over to chat to me when I think there are 7 limps on my big blind at 50/100. Only the button is playing more than starting stack (7k). He limps, SB makes up and I look down at 88 and just ship while I'm talking to Tobias. Everyone folds pretty quickly and the button dwells. I obviously don't mind a call but am guessing he probably has overs but seeing as I know he never has better than 88 I'm not too bothered. He says, "This is the best hand I've had all night".

I give Toby a quick wtf look as we've been playing for approx 28 mins and this guy's going on like he's been card dead for 12 hours. He slides his stack in and turns AJ. Ahhh the good old limp for 1 bb and call for 69 more. Marv. Before the cards are dealt Toby already has his anti-railing shoes on and says, 'unlucky mate' just before the ace rolls off in the window.

Unfortunately I had to dip into makeup for 2 rebuys and an add on after that, costing me a total of £200 instead of £50. [  ] At least my train fare was cheap. I soon chipped up nicely again and was the biggest stack on my table along with said villain until I caught him overplaying A5 when he limp called vs my KK. He flopped a flush draw and led on a 662 board with 2 spades. I called to take a card off as he pretty much only has a bluff/flush draw or small overpair himself here and I wanted to make sure a spade didn't come off before I got it in. Over rolls a red 9 and he moves in, I snap and send him home. Now with 25k with the average at 7k and only around 30 needed to make a seat I guesstimate.

The plan was to stay at Stuart Hopkin's but he was at a Marilyn Manson concert (lol i know wtf). As he would be drinking there was a distinct possibility Stu would be too drunk to remember and go home in auto pilot mode so i was prepared for the possibilty of having to find a hotel last minute. However with 30 players left and Sunny Nagi (FreeRollin) on my left I got a surprise visit from the Chuckle Brothers (Clown and Pie) so knew I was safe to stay at the new born Emo-goth freak businessman/clown's house.

I was coasting along until about 30 left when I moved in on the SB and Sunny woke up with QQ in the BB to knock me down from 40 to 23k. Despite that I managed to chip up. I raised K10 in late position and a nit in the BB moved all in. I can't remember stack sizes but with it being a satellite it was a really marginal spot and Con Cronin called a clock on me in what was an unreasonable amount of time. He was annoyed because I'd raised his blinds 3 times. Sigh live players. I folded and then moved tables as we broke to 27.

Here I chipped up really well as everyone had just stopped playing and were waiting for the 2 shorties to get knocked out. I've now got 60k and coasting. The button raises to 16k at 2k/4k and I ship the BB with AQ. He makes a rather bad call for his remaining 22k with 1010. Bearing in mind 2 stacks had less than 6k and 12k respectively and he has an orbit til the blinds hit him again I hate the call but I'm unphased when I lose the hand. Down to 24k I'm still in a good spot for a seat with now 22 left. One guy on our table is in the BB and playing 6k. 4k of that is in the middle and I look down at 2 kings. Wii...until UTG an old nit playing 70k raises to 11k. I can't ship and I'm not flatting so into the muck they go.

Once when I was 11 and in my first year at secondary school I deliberately forgot my swimming kit as I hated swimming lessons. My teacher (Mr Kent - you bastard I'll get you one day) threw me a pair of trunks from Lost property and forced me to wear them. I had to share a towell with a friend too. Folding Kings pre flop brought back those similar feelings of just dirtyness and being uncomfortable in my own skin.

Shorty puts his last 2k in and loses to AQ with a 4 card flush. Luckily I didn't have the K of hearts and would have lost so I felt a little better. The other guy went out on the other table and I had a seat locked. Nice.

Part 2 soon, just need to make sure I don't get sacked until at least tomorrow now.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »

Nice start Cos, keep it coming please.

We need more of this sort of stuff.

Hard to believe that you could upset Con Cronin. A true gentleman.

PS - can I get this through sans smiley?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Sweeney

"I am utterly and abjectly pissed off"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 01:10:13 PM »

Enjoyable read.  "Bah! Humbug! I call the clock..."

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner yet, so unless you want a kickin'..."
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 01:11:18 PM »

tl;dr

c + p

HI HELEN!
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 01:19:14 PM »

Part 1
I was coasting along until about 30 left when I moved in on the SB and Sunny woke up with QQ in the BB to knock me down from 40 to 23k.

Wiiiiiii..... good hand. Smiley
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 01:21:06 PM »

Great stuff Cos. Hurry up with the next installment.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 01:30:03 PM »

Great reportage Cos.

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 01:37:37 PM »

Great schnozzle Cos.

Good read too Wink

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 01:40:54 PM »

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 01:41:13 PM »

Great schnozzle Cos.
Take cover, it's gonna blow

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 01:43:59 PM »

Haha. So clever, I'm going to steal it.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 01:44:54 PM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 01:46:50 PM »

rofl thanks guys.

Will do part 2 now.

@GreekStein on twitter.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 01:52:44 PM »

lol even in a satty where you have a seat locked and can just fold AQ you like to make life hard for yourself! Sicko

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 01:55:11 PM »

lol even in a satty where you have a seat locked and can just fold AQ you like to make life hard for yourself! Sicko

Hahah yeah I definitely could and probably should have folded that, but I wanted to make life difficult for the other guy.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: