blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:38:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Trip Report...(Long)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Trip Report...(Long)  (Read 36090 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2009, 11:25:27 AM »

Part 3

As the dinner break hits I go for some food with Tom Rutter, James Atkin and a few other blondes. My memory of this is hazy as my objective was just to get into the buffet queue before ChipRich and Brent. I see PAUL HO at a table. ZOMG. Paul Ho. Much to my disappointment Paul is quite a normal and really nice guy when I expect him to be a fruitloop. At this point I go outside for a quick cigarette before the restart and Luke Fullflush introduces himself to me as we've had a bit of a run in offline before. He had parked his new Bentley right outside the front of the club and must have lost something as he checked the boot, driver's seat, glove compartment etc every 2 minutes. I think people may have realised it was his car at this point. He actually seemed alright though.

As my table is right up at the back it was broken in level 6 or 7 and I was moved only one table away, going with my peak chip stack by that point, of 70k. I recognised 3 faces there. Snoopy, Marenholz and another relatively new blonde, (CUTEMOFO). Snoops introduces himself and we exchange a quick hello though it's a bit awkward to chat at opposite ends of the table. Me and Cute had also played a billion hands against each other back in the £1/2 NL games on crypto when I was a real fish and had a bit of banter about that. I briefly tried to say a quick hi to Karl, mentioning the DTD overlay thread he made but either I got blanked or Karl didn't hear. I'm 99% sure it's the latter though. I couldn't be arsed to say it again as Karl doesn't exactly look like the happiest man ever at the table.

I opened my first pot and was immediately 3-bet. With there being no real banter on the table apart from a bit of chat between me and Cutefish I decided to put my ipod on and play steady. My plan worked half perfectly - I put my ipod on. The other half not too well - I did not play steady and kind of lost my way for a bit. Marenholz raised in MP and I called with dishonest intentions in LP with A7o, not that I'm trying to justify my play - it's plain bad here. The flop comes Q103 all hearts. My recollection of the hand is poor but one street was bet and I called holding a heart. I bet 5700 into circa 11k on the offsuit 9 river and Karl made a good call with 55. Shortly after I limped QJ in the small, for deception and wanting to play a pot with the BB really and ended up butchering the hand vs his J5 on a J75 board to double him up. Sighhhhhh they didn't call him Cute_Nit on Crypto for nothing. I call a Snoops raise with KQ and we both check the Q high board but I bet and take it on the turn. I'm so glad they break the table.

I've gone from a very healthy 70k to a much more back in the pack 44k and have some real words with myself as I look for my new table. I'm sat opposite Jerome Bradpiece and on the right of Gem Husnu, who's game I'm fairly familiar with. I'm playing steady and raising fairly regularly again but my chipstack hasn't moved much in 2 orbits. There's one guy on the table who's played 3 or 4 pots in 3 or so rounds by open shipping his 40bbs in every single one. He explains that 'he wants to see 5 cards if he's all in' when asked. Utg at 600/1200 and playing 49k or so I open to 2900 utg with AK and the button insta 3-bets to 7.1k. I 4-bet and we get it in. He has 109off and I'm thinking 'dont fucking doing it to me'. As the dealer goes to spread the flop I see an ace in the window. Before I can breathe a sigh of relief the other two cards are J 8. Two hearts on the board and the turn is the K of hearts. [  ] Truly feels like my hand just improved. I fade the heart/Q/7 river and I'm up to c.90k. As I'm stacking the big pot, Jerome raises, as he's doing pretty often and the sb calls. I call in the BB with K10ss. The flop comes 3JQ rainbow and we both check. Jerome checks behind and a king hits the turn. Again we both check and Jerome bets. SB passes and I call. Jerome makes a big bet of 10/11k or so into about 13k on the river. I think for a second and call. Jerome mucks.

I peak at 113k but end the day on 94k. Apart from that one nightmare level where I had a brainfart and played a few hands badly for the large part of the day, I kept my concentration, played well, really aggressively and was happy with how it finished. (If John Eames happens to read this and wants to know what I mean by the term brainfart or the expression 'playing hands badly' please ding me a pm and I'll do my best to try and explain). Average coming back for day 2 was like 66k.

We didn't spend too long in the bar on day 1 but it was nice hanging around and just generally having banter with a lot of the blondes who had turned up. Some of whom, despite having talked to a lot before I'd never actually met..i.e Messrs Horner, ChipRich, Middy, Pab, $Muscles$. I also met two heroes throughout the day, Mr Jakally and Dave Dubaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Shallow. My two 10% investments (Leknave and Numpty Dumpty) turned out to be very bad poker players and had already been knocked out.

Day 2 of the main event to follow....

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2009, 11:34:54 AM »

Good read man Keep it coming!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2009, 11:44:28 AM »

3 parts in and no Larry?

Jon Woodfield is the cleverist man in Europe!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2009, 11:56:05 AM »

3 parts in and no Larry?

Patience is a virtue. You think I'd leave Notts without some lobster lovin'?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2009, 11:58:37 AM »

3 parts in and no Larry?

Patience is a virtue. You think I'd leave Notts without some lobster lovin'?

Sighhhhhhh, I did post on the updates to tell rich to keep you off Larry ... that yellow suited lobster catcher hates you !!

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2009, 11:59:02 AM »

Fine report Cos  

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2009, 12:01:19 PM »

Loving this. You've even put a few curve-balls in, &, I suspect, got most of them through, great stuff, you are learning fast. I particularly enjoyed this one......

had also played a billion hands against each other back in the £1/2 NL games on crypto when I was a real fish

Terrific stuff, the little suggestion that you used to be a fish.

You should be in PR, or the Media.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2009, 12:10:21 PM »

Part 3

He had parked his new Bentley right outside the front of the club and must have lost something as he checked the boot, driver's seat, glove compartment etc every 2 minutes. I think people may have realised it was his car at this point. He actually seemed alright though.

Non sequitur ftw

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2009, 02:01:09 PM »

Sure didnt spend long in the bar on the Friday? What are you talking about?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2009, 02:01:56 PM »

Great work so far mate, showing how it shud be done for a blogger. BTW Blatch's rubdown on the cash game earlier had me loling, would be nce to see how you dress that up Smiley
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2009, 02:06:41 PM »

We spent ages in the bar on saturday mate, not friday.

Meanwhile you prob spent ages there both nights, what with your early exits lol!

@GreekStein on twitter.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »

We spent ages in the bar on saturday mate, not friday.

Meanwhile you prob spent ages there both nights, what with your early exits lol!

Is it me or you losing the plot!

I didnt even go on Saturday I was in my local pub you clown!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2009, 02:28:01 PM »

I briefly tried to say a quick hi to Karl, mentioning the DTD overlay thread he made but either I got blanked or Karl didn't hear. I'm 99% sure it's the latter though. I couldn't be arsed to say it again as Karl doesn't exactly look like the happiest man ever at the table.

Nah, it was the 1%....

I wish I had have heard though as I would have loved to have chatted about my favourite part of the weekend. The part where Mr Trumper asked us to give DTD a round of applause. "Players, just to let you know the tournament you've just paid £1k to enter doesn't have any overlay...give DTD a round of applause!" Either people didn't really know what they were clapping for or the marketing machine is well oiled in there.

Can't make any apologies for being overly serious at the table, but am not such a bad guy off it and would happily buy anyone a drink at the bar afterwards

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2009, 02:31:39 PM »

I briefly tried to say a quick hi to Karl, mentioning the DTD overlay thread he made but either I got blanked or Karl didn't hear. I'm 99% sure it's the latter though. I couldn't be arsed to say it again as Karl doesn't exactly look like the happiest man ever at the table.

Nah, it was the 1%....

I wish I had have heard though as I would have loved to have chatted about my favourite part of the weekend. The part where Mr Trumper asked us to give DTD a round of applause. "Players, just to let you know the tournament you've just paid £1k to enter doesn't have any overlay...give DTD a round of applause!" Either people didn't really know what they were clapping for or the marketing machine is well oiled in there.

Can't make any apologies for being overly serious at the table, but am not such a bad guy off it and would happily buy anyone a drink at the bar afterwards

Sorry fella, but all of us regulars are happy there wasn't an overlay. We actually want the club to be around in 5 years..............
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2009, 02:32:32 PM »

The part where Mr Trumper asked us to give DTD a round of applause. "Players, just to let you know the tournament you've just paid £1k to enter doesn't have any overlay...give DTD a round of applause!"

Haha brilliant
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: