blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2010
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010  (Read 84057 times)
stonecoldkiller

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2010, 05:13:06 PM »

Cant wait for the season to get started. Im liking Carolina +7, Green Bay -3 and Tennesee -6 for sunday. And over 47.5 for the curtain raiser on Thursday.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2010, 06:55:15 PM »

Cant wait for the season to get started. Im liking Carolina +7, Green Bay -3 and Tennesee -6 for sunday. And over 47.5 for the curtain raiser on Thursday.

For the first time ever, I'm more excited by the start of the NFL season than I was about the football season.  This is despite me not holding out much hope of the Eagles making the playoffs this year.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
smileriraq

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2010, 06:58:11 PM »

i always leave spread betting in the first few weeks till i get a grip of the teams,

however even tho i dont support either team im looking forward to saints v vikings

Click to see full-size image.
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »

We did our fantasy draft yesterday, good fun.

My team

QB - Drew Brees NO
RB - Adrian Peterson - MIN
RB Ryan Mathews - SD
WR Steve Smith - CAR
WR Mike Sims-Walker - JAC 
WR Brandon Marshall - MIA
TE Tony Gonzalez - ATL
K Stephen Gostkowski - NE
DEF New York Jets

Bench

BN         
Marion Barber RB- DAL

BN         
Laurence Maroney RB- NE

Eli Manning QB- NYG

BN         
John Carlson TE- SEA

BN         
Malcom Floyd WR- SD

San Francisco 49ers DEF

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2010, 07:00:32 PM »

there's a fair amount to be made in the ealry weeks, backing turnaorund teams priced as dogs to last year's winning teams

I like Washington at home to Dallas as my Week one special in this regard

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
stonecoldkiller

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2010, 07:06:32 PM »

For the first time ever, I'm more excited by the start of the NFL season than I was about the football season.  This is despite me not holding out much hope of the Eagles making the playoffs this year.

Kolb is a decent QB although i do think that letting go of McNabb who was the franchise is a mistake, especially letting him go to a division rival, that could come back to bite them on the ass. The NFC East is just a stacked division where any 1 of the 4 teams could win it, i would be siding with The Cowboys as they seem to have the most stabilty in the organization.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2010, 09:30:30 PM »

Kolb is a decent QB although i do think that letting go of McNabb who was the franchise is a mistake, especially letting him go to a division rival, that could come back to bite them on the ass. The NFC East is just a stacked division where any 1 of the 4 teams could win it, i would be siding with The Cowboys as they seem to have the most stabilty in the organization.

Kolb taking over from McNabb was always going to happen, so at some point we were always going to go into a 'transition' season.  Agree about letting him go to a divisional rival though - dreading the Redskins games this season.  Beyond that though, they've gone all out to bring fresh blood through the whole roster - 10 draft picks made the 53, plus 2 other rookies - so there's a huge amount of inexperience this season.  McCoy has to step up now that Westbrook is gone, a lot is expected from Maclin and Jackson in their 2nd and 3rd seasons, and we'll have a few rookie starters in the Defense.  I'm full of optimism for the next few seasons, but this one would require too many young players to exceed expectations too quickly, as well as Kolb getting off to a flyer.

I just hope that Kolb doesn't struggle in the early games and end up with the notoriously fickle Eagles fans shouting for Vick to start.  Home to Green Bay isn't the ideal start for him.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2010, 09:38:44 PM »

I have a sneaky feeling that the Rams will beat Arizona in Wk1.  Tempted to have a dabble @2.8.

stonecoldkiller

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2010, 09:41:39 PM »

Yeah Green Bay are real dark horses this year. Aaron Rodgers is a fantasy football teams dream QB. I really like Desean Jackson, will never forget the game last year against Chicago, it was a Sunday Night (1am) game and i was waiting on the Eagles -3.5 for a £70 4 team handicap acca, he catches a deep pass and is gone, he crosses into the endzone doing his best Usain Bolt impression and drops the ball at the 1 yard line lol. Luckily they got the TD and won the game by 4.
stonecoldkiller

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2010, 09:45:02 PM »

I have a sneaky feeling that the Rams will beat Arizona in Wk1.  Tempted to have a dabble @2.8.

Yeah i agree with you, Bradford looks a real star in the making and Stephen Jackson is a beast. I dont know why Arizona released Leinart as he does the fundamentals well he just doesnt have the cannon arm which is why he will always be a back up QB. Derek Anderson is very overrated imo.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2010, 09:47:18 PM »

My team

QB - Drew Brees NO
RB Ryan Mathews - SD
WR Steve Smith - CAR
TE Tony Gonzalez - ATL
DEF New York Jets

Bench

BN         
Marion Barber RB- DAL

BN         
Laurence Maroney RB- NE

Eli Manning QB- NYG

BN         
John Carlson TE- SEA

BN         
Malcom Floyd WR- SD

San Francisco 49ers DEF

Can't figure out how you got Peterson and Brees as they've both been going in the 1st round of all the drafts (mock and real) I've taken part in.  You must have been 1st or 2nd up to get Peterson, so am surprised that Brees was still there in the second.

How many in your league?  Makes more sense if there aren't many teams.

stonecoldkiller

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2010, 11:00:08 PM »

Hopefully Mike Carlsen will get the gig.

He's different class as an analyst.

Carlson got the gig, he was different gravy on five. Hopefully they can get a decent presenter that blends in well with him.
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2010, 12:09:36 AM »

My team

QB - Drew Brees NO
RB Ryan Mathews - SD
WR Steve Smith - CAR
TE Tony Gonzalez - ATL
DEF New York Jets

Bench

BN         
Marion Barber RB- DAL

BN         
Laurence Maroney RB- NE

Eli Manning QB- NYG

BN         
John Carlson TE- SEA

BN         
Malcom Floyd WR- SD

San Francisco 49ers DEF

Can't figure out how you got Peterson and Brees as they've both been going in the 1st round of all the drafts (mock and real) I've taken part in.  You must have been 1st or 2nd up to get Peterson, so am surprised that Brees was still there in the second.

How many in your league?  Makes more sense if there aren't many teams.

8 teams in our league.

I chose Peterson as my 1st pick, i think benji took a WR as 1st pick and rooks probs took something similar as well

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
stonecoldkiller

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2010, 12:23:11 AM »

You got a real good RB in Ryan Matthews he should accumulate alot of points in a weak division. If you had 1st pick why didnt you go with Johnson 1st?
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2010, 12:27:35 AM »

You got a real good RB in Ryan Matthews he should accumulate alot of points in a weak division. If you had 1st pick why didnt you go with Johnson 1st?

we told him every time ur RB fumbles it you get bonus points and he believed it!  so peterson was the obvious choice!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: