blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:46:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Everyone has one so why not..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 366 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone has one so why not..  (Read 630949 times)
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2010, 02:00:33 AM »

Reasons may be rubbish but here goes...
I lived abroad for 4.5 years but went to a British school. The majority of people there are pretty well off and pretty smart. They plan that you do your GCSE's, do your A-levels then go to uni. That is how you get a good job. Nobody leaves at 16 and nobody goes of to learn a trade (plumber, electrician, etc)
Came back to the UK in time to do GCSE's and went on to do A-Levels as i thought was natural. So sat there in 6th form looking through a uni prospectus trying to decide what to do at uni (thinking this is my only option). Had no idea what i wanted to do (that's a lie - i wanted to do International Football Management at Bucks uni but my Dad wasn't having it) so decided to do a business based course to leave my options open for after uni. I always thought i'd be good at marketing so that is what i had in mind - do a business course and pick the marketing options.
Ended up doing something like Accounting, Finance and Business at De Montfort. Dropped out after a term. I liked the uni life but i didn't enjoy doing just 2 hours a day 4 days a week. It was so little teaching time it didn't keep me interested.
My dad is an accountant and the company i work for now is the company he works for. I told my Dad i wasn't going back to uni and i was going to look for a job while i decided what i wanted to do. A week later somebody at his work quit in the admin department. It was only scanning, photocopying etc but i wanted to work so i took it. I did that for nearly a year with the intention of going back to uni to become a primary school teacher when somebody at work who knew i'd planned to do accountancy as part of my degree told me that they were taking on a Trainee Accountant in the Newcastle office and wanted one in the Leicester office too would i be interested.
I had got used to earning a wage and the thought of doing that while getting a qualification was appealing so i took it.
It was unplanned but glad it happened as i enjoy my job. I did get sick of studying at one point but think i'm over that. Just a bit tilting/depressing that at 22 i was sat in a room studying with 19 year olds. Wish i'd done it straight after GCSE's.
I can't see me doing accountancy forever but i want to continue studying just so prospects at my current company improve and i think it would be good if i moved into other parts of business. Might be going into business with a friend and the more i know the better really.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2010, 02:03:56 AM »

Have a wierd dream to tell that involves a member of blonde but taxi's just come,i bet nobody will guess who ?

Is it sexual? 

Haha,no.

It was about Byronkincaid,someone I've only met once and don't no much about.

We had just arrived in Vegas and where sitting in a hotel room,we where sitting playing poker but the hand was dealt face up,Byron had k5 I had k9 he says to me "you wanna play this hand for rolls" I had 8k with me just as I'd took last summer.So I knew his hand and he knew mine so I was a bit confused then said ok why not,he then said lets up the stakes make it 30k I was like WTF ok,he then said make it 37k,eh ok.He then proceeded to do the flop turn and river all in one on his mobile,I looked at the screen and just seen the middle card was a 5 so started kicking off he said calm down you hit trip 9's weeeee bink.Then for some reason my boss from work had a shoebox with 10k in and was steaming and gave me the 10k and said you'll get the 27k in a minute.I got my 37k got a flight straight home but on the plane I was feeling bad that I'd took the bet when If I'd lost I couldn't have paid.I got home told my family I'd won it in a tourney then the dream ended.

So many messages in there I'm sure,was such a strange dream especially as I hardly ever remember my dreams and they seem to last 2 seconds but this one I remembered vividly and seemed to last ages.

You missed the bit where you lost it all to me playing pool.

HI HELEN!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2010, 04:41:34 AM »

Have a wierd dream to tell that involves a member of blonde but taxi's just come,i bet nobody will guess who ?

Is it sexual? 

Haha,no.

We had just arrived in Vegas and where sitting in a hotel room,we where sitting playing poker but the hand was dealt face up,Byron had k5 I had k9 he says to me "you wanna play this hand for rolls" I had 8k with me just as I'd took last summer.So I knew his hand and he knew mine so I was a bit confused then said ok why not,he then said lets up the stakes make it 30k I was like WTF ok,he then said make it 37k,eh ok.He then proceeded to do the flop turn and river all in one on his mobile,I looked at the screen and just seen the middle card was a 5 so started kicking off he said calm down you hit trip 9's weeeee bink.Then for some reason my boss from work had a shoebox with 10k in and was steaming and gave me the 10k and said you'll get the 27k in a minute.I got my 37k got a flight straight home but on the plane I was feeling bad that I'd took the bet when If I'd lost I couldn't have paid.I got home told my family I'd won it in a tourney then the dream ended.

So many messages in there I'm sure,was such a strange dream especially as I hardly ever remember my dreams and they seem to last 2 seconds but this one I remembered vividly and seemed to last ages.

Don't do drugs kids or you will end up like this.

I never get poker related dreams.
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2010, 09:23:37 AM »

Is it sexual? 

Haha,no.

Christ, really? I get them regularly. Almost always that I'm play live NLHE, and I misread my hand, or it keeps changing every time I look at it, or I have 3 or 4 cards, or something like that. No doubt means something or other.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2010, 10:12:07 AM »

Is it sexual? 

Haha,no.

Ah, that's where all my money went!

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2010, 11:39:19 AM »

I quite often dream that I win some big tournament and am minted, and am rather disappointed when I wake up to find I'm not!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2010, 03:28:18 PM »

Reasons may be rubbish but here goes...
I lived abroad for 4.5 years but went to a British school. The majority of people there are pretty well off and pretty smart. They plan that you do your GCSE's, do your A-levels then go to uni. That is how you get a good job. Nobody leaves at 16 and nobody goes of to learn a trade (plumber, electrician, etc)
Came back to the UK in time to do GCSE's and went on to do A-Levels as i thought was natural. So sat there in 6th form looking through a uni prospectus trying to decide what to do at uni (thinking this is my only option). Had no idea what i wanted to do (that's a lie - i wanted to do International Football Management at Bucks uni but my Dad wasn't having it) so decided to do a business based course to leave my options open for after uni. I always thought i'd be good at marketing so that is what i had in mind - do a business course and pick the marketing options.
Ended up doing something like Accounting, Finance and Business at De Montfort. Dropped out after a term. I liked the uni life but i didn't enjoy doing just 2 hours a day 4 days a week. It was so little teaching time it didn't keep me interested.
My dad is an accountant and the company i work for now is the company he works for. I told my Dad i wasn't going back to uni and i was going to look for a job while i decided what i wanted to do. A week later somebody at his work quit in the admin department. It was only scanning, photocopying etc but i wanted to work so i took it. I did that for nearly a year with the intention of going back to uni to become a primary school teacher when somebody at work who knew i'd planned to do accountancy as part of my degree told me that they were taking on a Trainee Accountant in the Newcastle office and wanted one in the Leicester office too would i be interested.
I had got used to earning a wage and the thought of doing that while getting a qualification was appealing so i took it.
It was unplanned but glad it happened as i enjoy my job. I did get sick of studying at one point but think i'm over that. Just a bit tilting/depressing that at 22 i was sat in a room studying with 19 year olds. Wish i'd done it straight after GCSE's.
I can't see me doing accountancy forever but i want to continue studying just so prospects at my current company improve and i think it would be good if i moved into other parts of business. Might be going into business with a friend and the more i know the better really.

That's the big thing for me,It's so important to enjoy what you do imo,you spend to much of your life at work to not enjoy what you do.Football management would've been immense,fathers eh Smiley

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:15:10 AM by mondatoo » Logged
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2010, 03:44:06 PM »

I don't have very many dreams about poker,I've had a few about being back in Vegas and it's always with different people.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »

Is it sexual? 

Haha,no.

Christ, really? I get them regularly. Almost always that I'm play live NLHE, and I misread my hand, or it keeps changing every time I look at it, or I have 3 or 4 cards, or something like that. No doubt means something or other.

Yeah I have a very vivid dreams about previous jobs and doing my A-Levels, Uni Exams etc. Never poker which is good imo, shows it doesn't stress me out and I can switch off from it.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2010, 12:05:29 PM »

About to start a session now,only guna play 12 tables today so if it happens again it will be managable,could do with a decent day if I'm guna manage some profit for the week.
yorky34

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2010, 03:06:11 PM »

You want to try dealing poker for ten hours a night , i dont just dream about it i actual deal in my sleep ha ha mind you going back as a croupier  soon so might be bitharder  to spin up roulette in my sleep lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2010, 05:57:03 PM »

Not a great session today,loads of min cashes, 4ths and 5ths,sigh.Managed to bink in the last one I was playing for $60 profit at least.

Had no problems with tn so that was a bit of a relief.

Kinda frustrated that I've played 6 hours and only played 80 when could been like 120 but nevermind.

It's going to be my first losing week which is disappointing but mostly just down to the tn problems.Things should will be back on track next week.

Current bankroll : $1884.28
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2010, 12:42:41 PM »

Anyone know where I can find the structure/results for the 300 UKIPT side event for the Manchester leg ?

Cheers

Thinking of playing the main at Coventry if I sat into it or might put a staking thread up to try and sell 50% haven't decided yet.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2010, 12:47:36 PM »

http://www.ukipt.com/tournaments/structure/

UL last week. am sure you'll get back to crushing soon!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2010, 01:09:21 PM »

http://www.ukipt.com/tournaments/structure/

UL last week. am sure you'll get back to crushing soon!

Yeah looking to grind hard this week to make up for last week.Hopefully everythings fine with tn now had no problems with it on Saturday.

It's the 300 side event I wanted the structure for,the one you luckboxed in Galway :0

Anyone been playing the sats on Stars,any info would be appreciated;runners,seats,valluuooo ??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 366 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: