blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684680 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: October 07, 2012, 06:24:04 PM »

Just finished a rewatch of Deadwood. Even though it's only 3 series it's in my top 2/3 series of all time. For those who haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and watch it. Incred.

I've not done it with Deadwood yet, but it's good to know I'm not the only one who rewatches shows Grin

Cheesy Only the very best ones. Done it with Sopranos, Deadwood, Breaking Bad and BSG which I have rewatched more than any other.

Have posted anbout this before, but Baron have you watched The Shield? If you like those sorts of gritty American shows, this should be included.

I have had it recommended a few times by someone who raves about it and watched it a a couple of times over. I think I'll have to if it falls into that bracket?

Marky does Lost really work in a rewatch?

The TV people tend to say that there are 3 shows from the 90s that will stand the test of time: Sopranos, The Wire and The Shield.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sweetman

View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 07, 2012, 06:28:22 PM »

Loved Lost but have struggled with a rewatch.

Just started watching Breaking Bad

The best TV I have ever seen, wish I could go back in time and not have knowledge of it, just to watch it again.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: October 07, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »

Well 2 outta 3 aint bad Smiley

I'd rewatch the first half of The Shield happily enough, but not sure about the 2nd which I didn't enjoy as much.

Have to say Walton Goggins who played Shane in The Shield, plays a great part in Justified opposite Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood)

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: October 07, 2012, 06:42:06 PM »

Re-watched the Sopranos and the Wire. Both better second time round I thought because you see bits you missed first time.

Haven't had the privilege of Lost yet. Might watch it when I've finished 24.

I know I know. WAL etc....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: October 07, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »

Well 2 outta 3 aint bad Smiley

I'd rewatch the first half of The Shield happily enough, but not sure about the 2nd which I didn't enjoy as much.

Have to say Walton Goggins who played Shane in The Shield, plays a great part in Justified opposite Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood)

Because I was a bit of a super fan, I happen to know that Goggins is a pretty extreme method actor in the Daniel Day-Lewis mould. He wasn't much fun to be around on set for the last few series but great away from it.

Michael Chiklis plays a truly incredible part. Second half of the Shield sees Forrest Whittaker playing a role that is parodied in a recurring joke in American Dad.

Definitely a show that was received better in the States than here.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: October 07, 2012, 07:52:58 PM »

Enjoy! V jealous.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: October 07, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »

The best TV I have ever seen, wish I could go back in time and not have knowledge of it, just to watch it again.

This.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: October 08, 2012, 09:15:47 AM »

I've seen all breaking bads so far. I seem to be the only person who thinks it's just ok!?

Could be because I have seen every episode of Malcolm in the middle and their is a subconscious connection between Walt and Hal, I dunno, but what I do know is Walt tilts me so bad as does Skye and I have found a lot of the episodes predictable. Jessie is a hero and really liked Gus (reminds me of Brother Sharif in the wire) but for me it shouldn't be uttered in the same breathe as proper decent tv dramas like Sopranos, the wire, the shield, Boardwalk and my new favourite Homeland.

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: October 08, 2012, 09:18:37 AM »

I've seen all breaking bads so far. I seem to be the only person who thinks it's just ok!?

Could be because I have seen every episode of Malcolm in the middle and their is a subconscious connection between Walt and Hal, I dunno, but what I do know is Walt tilts me so bad as does Skye and I have found a lot of the episodes predictable. Jessie is a hero and really liked Gus (reminds me of Brother Sharif in the wire) but for me it shouldn't be uttered in the same breathe as proper decent tv dramas like Sopranos, the wire, the shield, Boardwalk and my new favourite Homeland.

I think its ok
some bits are really good but some episodes are just dull

scared

Just me
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: October 08, 2012, 09:20:53 AM »

First episode of Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire was disappointingly meh.

American dramas' ability to spell everything out in...a...reaaaaallly...slowwww...and...obvious... wayyyy is infuriating

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: October 08, 2012, 09:22:26 AM »

I think its ok
some bits are really good but some episodes are just dull

scared

norrrrrrrr. i agree with Paul Ho on something.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: October 08, 2012, 11:22:04 AM »

American dramas' ability to spell everything out in...a...reaaaaallly...slowwww...and...obvious... wayyyy is infuriating

Switched it off about half way through. It's that bloody Irish woman that pisses me off!! Can't stick her!! Seriously what's the point of her?

Can't believe they've killed off so many quality gangsters already and kept her in it.

Ep 2 gets a bit better, hopefully it'll improve more as the series goes on. Can't see me watching many more if it carries on the way it has so far.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Sweetman

View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: October 08, 2012, 11:30:32 AM »

Sat down and started dexter series 6 yesterday.

turned it off after 25 mins.  Im done with Dexter.  Shame coz the first 4 seasons were really enjoyable.

At least I have the office season 9 and walking dead season three this month.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: October 08, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »

Sat down and started dexter series 6 yesterday.

turned it off after 25 mins.  Im done with Dexter.  Shame coz the first 4 seasons were really enjoyable.

At least I have the office season 9 and walking dead season three this month.

You'd think post-Apocalyptic zombie horror had been imagined to undeath by now and yet I still like The Walking Dead.

My desire to write a film/series where everyone is a zombie and the zombies have to set up a primitive society all over again is still in research and development.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: October 08, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »

Switched it off about half way through. It's that bloody Irish woman that pisses me off!! Can't stick her!! Seriously what's the point of her?

Can't believe they've killed off so many quality gangsters already and kept her in it.

Ep 2 gets a bit better, hopefully it'll improve more as the series goes on. Can't see me watching many more if it carries on the way it has so far.

Ep 3 not much better I'm afraid.

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: