blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:44:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 691079 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3945 on: June 14, 2016, 07:50:08 PM »

Anyone else watching Preacher? I like it.

Any tits ,dragons or dwarves in it ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: June 14, 2016, 08:20:57 PM »

It's got a vampire if that's any good?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: June 14, 2016, 08:41:06 PM »

I can't work out whether Billions is a sharp, tongue in cheek morality play or a formulaic, titilation-driven plod.

I still seem to be enjoying it, anyway. I do find myself feeling guilty for liking it and not thinking about the inequity of power and how it corrupts those with it.

But then the show doesn't seem to want me to do that, or at least, if it does, it doesn't give me any real encouragement to do so. Axe is too likeable and human and his wife supportive and genuine, rather than Lady Macbeth.

It's full of contrasts and safe plays. Nevertheless, it's well shot and Lewis is terrific. 

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3948 on: June 14, 2016, 09:24:26 PM »

I can't work out whether Billions is a sharp, tongue in cheek morality play or a formulaic, titilation-driven plod.

I still seem to be enjoying it, anyway. I do find myself feeling guilty for liking it and not thinking about the inequity of power and how it corrupts those with it.

But then the show doesn't seem to want me to do that, or at least, if it does, it doesn't give me any real encouragement to do so. Axe is too likeable and human and his wife supportive and genuine, rather than Lady Macbeth.

It's full of contrasts and safe plays. Nevertheless, it's well shot and Lewis is terrific. 

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: June 14, 2016, 09:43:06 PM »

1/3 so far but it's a similar level of NSFW content to your GoT stuff. Far more swearing.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: June 14, 2016, 10:57:37 PM »

Just watched the last episode of Banshee.

A fine and suitable ending to one of the best programmes I have ever seen(if you enjoy that sort of stuff).

Ended before it lost it, but will be seriously missed nonetheless.

Just finished it too. Cracking season, really enjoyed it.

hellytelly
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: June 15, 2016, 01:32:11 PM »

Hello there

I'm not sure if this is a good place for me to post, but I'm a TV producer and I'm looking for people with particular skills to apply for a new Channel 4 series. 

Minnow Films are currently producing an exciting new series for Channel 4 about the recruitment and training process of becoming a spy, where we will explore the type of person it takes to serve Britain under cover.

We are looking for a group of 20 ordinary British citizens, men and women to attempt a course based on the authentic Recruitment and Training phases of the Britain’s Intelligence Services. The course will be as close to the real thing as possible, immersing the Candidates in a world of psychological pressure and uncertainty.  The key aim of the series is authenticity. We want to deliver genuine insight on what it takes to join the Britain’s Intelligence Services. It will be screened on Channel 4 at prime-time towards the end of 2016.

Do you think you have what it takes to become a spy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuqDx12Aw1M

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Helen

www.minnowfilms.co.uk/spies

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: June 21, 2016, 03:40:32 AM »

Anyone seen the 1973 film? This looks very promising

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/westworld-trailer-new-hbo-series-game-of-thrones-anthony-hopkins-sci-fi-western-a7091046.html

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: June 21, 2016, 02:19:41 PM »

The original is probably one of my earliest film memories. Great film the new one has a lot to live up to.

Ah! The element of surprise
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: June 21, 2016, 02:28:30 PM »

The original is a classic.  Yul Brynner was cast perfectly in this as the Terminator-style villain.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: June 30, 2016, 01:05:57 AM »

No dragons but highly likely to involve tits:

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3956 on: June 30, 2016, 09:02:22 AM »

No dragons but highly likely to involve tits:

Yeah! Cracking show.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: July 03, 2016, 03:15:44 AM »

Not another nostalgia talking heads show.

Tom Hanks produces a series for CNN on the 1980s. This is part one, on TV.

I think all the parts are now available. This is episode 5 on music on TV. A brilliant clip of Bowie interviewing the head of MTV features, amongst many other superb moments.

Enjoy.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: July 09, 2016, 10:56:05 PM »

"The Night Of" HBO's remake of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Justice_(TV_series)

Very good first ep is up on the internet, not on UK TV until September I think

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-the-night-of-is-the-great-drama-hbo-very-badly-needs-right-now

dakky

View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: July 09, 2016, 11:59:43 PM »

"A very secret service/Au service de France" is a French spoofy 1960's spy show on netflix. Enjoying it
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: