blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:59:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272580 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 691113 times)
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3975 on: July 22, 2016, 02:19:20 PM »

Taskmaster on Dave is very good fun.

A panel show of sorts where the contestants have to perform various tasks (get a cat out of a tree, make a nursery rhyme music video, get this boulder as far away as possible, etc) to win points. It doesn't take itself too seriously but at the same time it has a structure which makes following the scores quite interesting.

Quite a few genuine laugh out loud moments so well worth a look I think.

A real guilty pleasure. I love Greg's sense of mischief and desire to ridicule the contestants at every possible opportunity.

The highlight of the series.......... potato-gate with Joe Wilkinson in the 'put the potato in the hole' challenge.

The look of genuine pride on his face was priceless.

I particularly enjoyed the delight on Greg's face as he replayed the infringement over and over again until Joe realised.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: July 25, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »

Had a recommendation for Stranger Things on Netflix.  Totally ruined Sunday by watching it, I knew 2 episodes in I hated it and it was pants but I am stubborn and watched. 
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: July 25, 2016, 02:09:10 PM »

I am halfway through and enjoying the "Amazon Original Series All or Nothing: A Season with the Arizona Cardinals" on Amazon Prime.

All or Nothing is the first series to take viewers inside the locker room, on the sidelines, and off the field for an unprecedented look inside an NFL franchise’s complete season. Season one picks up with the Arizona Cardinals following the season-ending injury to quarterback Carson Palmer in the 2014 season.

If you are a NFL fan this is a must see.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3978 on: July 25, 2016, 02:55:47 PM »

What a great surprise to find season 2 of Alone on my planner.  Only a couple of episodes in and this years bunch look entertaining.
Love the show, love the concept.
Available on Catch Up (History).

Had not heard of this , ten episodes in and i am really enjoying it.Great to have no voice-overs and just the commentarys from the competitors.

Was season 1 good ? Worth downloading ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3979 on: July 25, 2016, 02:57:41 PM »

What a great surprise to find season 2 of Alone on my planner.  Only a couple of episodes in and this years bunch look entertaining.

Had not heard of this , ten episodes in and i am really enjoying it.Great to have no voice-overs and just the commentarys from the competitors.

Do download, it is brilliant - was much chat on here so endorsed by others as well as me Wink

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: July 25, 2016, 03:57:21 PM »

Excellent show probably one of the best docu/reality shows around. 
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: July 25, 2016, 04:51:57 PM »

Just started to re-watch Narcos in preparation for season 2 starting in a few weeks.

I'd highly recommend it in case you missed anything first time round. Episode one is pretty amazing when you know what's coming further down the line.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: July 28, 2016, 11:54:29 AM »

Just watched the final Banshee season. Enjoyed it very much!

Ah! The element of surprise
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: August 01, 2016, 12:34:22 PM »

Watched 1st ep of this, potential to be very good.

http://gb.imdb.com/title/tt2401256/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: August 02, 2016, 02:06:06 PM »

I am halfway through and enjoying the "Amazon Original Series All or Nothing: A Season with the Arizona Cardinals" on Amazon Prime.

All or Nothing is the first series to take viewers inside the locker room, on the sidelines, and off the field for an unprecedented look inside an NFL franchise’s complete season. Season one picks up with the Arizona Cardinals following the season-ending injury to quarterback Carson Palmer in the 2014 season.

Binged watched this... fantastic viewing ...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: August 03, 2016, 10:40:55 AM »

Binged watched this... fantastic viewing ...

Yeah I'm enjoying this too. I know there's some big salaries out there but it must be nice for that defensive guy who's on $100k bonus per sack getting 8 in a game.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: August 03, 2016, 10:49:21 AM »

For anyone into the NFL/American football

Netflix, Last Chance U

follows the college team Eastern Missisippi through last season. a championship winning team at JUCO level, they take kids thrown out of top colleges but talented, and try to get them academically to standard and recruited back into the top colleges

six episodes, very very very good indeed 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: August 04, 2016, 04:18:06 PM »

For anyone into the NFL/American football

Netflix, Last Chance U

follows the college team Eastern Missisippi through last season. a championship winning team at JUCO level, they take kids thrown out of top colleges but talented, and try to get them academically to standard and recruited back into the top colleges

six episodes, very very very good indeed 

Thanks for the heads up on this.  Watched the first one last night and found it very interesting viewing.

I don't have much empathy for the guys featured so far, as it's very obvious why they're falling short academically.  Interesting that LeGarrette Blount is one of the guys who went through the system previously.

Very grateful for the subtitles in places though.  Those accents are strong!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: August 09, 2016, 07:16:11 PM »

Watched 1st ep of this, potential to be very good.

http://gb.imdb.com/title/tt2401256/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt

Show is half Matlock, half Prisoner Cell Block H. I like the Matlock stuff best.

stribling

View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: August 09, 2016, 07:45:09 PM »

Had a recommendation for Stranger Things on Netflix.  Totally ruined Sunday by watching it, I knew 2 episodes in I hated it and it was pants but I am stubborn and watched. 

I'm a few episodes in and really enjoying.

You have to Risk it for the biscuit!!!
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: